Hey guys,

I'm using the pebble steel with my passport. After the latest update, I'm finding that my pebble can't even last a day. Anyone else experiencing battery issues with the latest software update?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:47 PM
    Hi there, are you talking about the battery on your passport or on the steel? The latest 2.9 I believe is a bit hungry on juice but you should get 4-5 days of use of it?
    03-07-15 11:08 PM
    I mean the steel! I'm using 3.0 on the talk2watch

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:41 PM
    I mean the steel! I'm using 3.0 on the talk2watch

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a blackberry myself, but am a bit of a smartwatch fanatic , so I'll try to help. My guess here is that there could be an issue causing constant Bluetooth chatter going back and forth (like a request for data or pairing) that could be draining the Steel's battery. A simple way to test this is to charge up your pebble steel and then turn off the Bluetooth on the watch itself... Effectively putting it into "airplane mode". To do this, go to your pebble steel's settings screen on the watch and select Bluetooth, then click the middle "action" button to turn the Bluetooth on the watch off.

Then, leave the watch on and unconnected and just wait and see if the battery still abnormally drains. If not, you've discovered that Bluetooth is your issue and can further diagnose what is causing the Bluetooth chatter. If that battery still drains within a day, the only thing I can think of is a damaged or defective battery and I would contact pebble support if that's the case.

Whatever happens, be sure to post back up here and keep us updated! Best of luck!
    zocster and lovedaazn like this.
    03-08-15 12:07 AM
    It's a known issue

Posted via CB10
    Penguwin likes this.
    03-08-15 01:27 AM
    It's a known issue

Posted via CB10
    **EDIT... I may have answered my own question by finding another post about this. Sadly, i can't post a link to that thread, but apparently there is an issue with BlackBerry 10.3.1 and the pebble that causes this drastic battery drain .

Good news is your pebble steel does not appear to be broken!

----------------
    Original post:

With talk 2 watch?

As mentioned above, I do not have a blackberry. However, my pebble with the 2.9 firmware still lasts me about 4-5 days on a charge, connected to an Android phone.

Thanks for the info, BTW.
    Last edited by Penguwin; 03-08-15 at 01:43 AM.
    03-08-15 01:30 AM
    It's a known issue

Posted via CB10
    Can you post a link?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:36 AM
    Can you post a link?

Posted via CB10
    Have an read through this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/index46.html
    03-09-15 11:38 AM