Thanks Kevin et all !!... it is very much appreciated!
    The report button or PM any of the mods, to alert them of issues to review, works very well with fast responses.
    12-31-13 02:29 PM
    Fantastic! Getting on here and reading through some threads was getting unbearable.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-31-13 02:31 PM
    Perhaps limiting the volume of posts per day by known trolls would be as effective and tad less Orwellian, albeit a private company has every right to enforce it's policies. Negative threads/posts can be ignored as can be the endless fanboy chatter as well. Perhaps installing an ignore option that users can take advantage of would be the best approach. Let the forum members dictate access over time.
    12-31-13 02:34 PM
    Awesome post Kevin. Let's all keep crackberry free of the trolls

Sent from a Unknown Galaxy
    Last edited by just_luc; 12-31-13 at 02:58 PM.
    bungaboy, jaydee5799 and sam81 like this.
    12-31-13 02:41 PM
    I made it a point quite recently to leave CB behind due to the the trolling and the damage that the forums of the #1 fan site was having on the brand. But when I heard about this I had to come back and see it myself.

Kevin, thank you. I can see the thought is there, and I hope you can successfully put it in to action. I have been a member since '08 and couldn't take it anymore.

You can see people's post history, and hopefully people merely showing support in this thread don't think that will get them a get out of jail free card.

If this is to work, you must look at current staff also. Mods, ambassadors, trusted members... there are some really good ones, and there are others that incite, condescend, basically troll better than most the known trolls. Just as Chen is doing, if you want to fix this, start at the top. Show what is no longer acceptable. Heading straight for users will not fix the problem. It will make a lot happy, including me, but it is a bandaid. If you want true change, that sticks, you know what must be done.

Good luck Kevin and Bla1ze, I'm rooting for you, and not just because of the love I once had for this site, but because BlackBerry doesn't need it's biggest fan site being the megaphone it's biggest detractors... no, I'll say it, trolls, use to attack.

Posted via CB10
    Saying start at the top is good advice; I fear that what needs to be done won't be done.

Hopeful that all Mods, Ambassadors and trusted members get looked at under the microscope.

While I don't want CrackBerry being a megaphone for the detractors, I don't want CrackBerry taken over by delusional fans either - true fans who respect each others choices are fine by me.
    We need realism and balance.

This could be "too little, too late" for CrackBerry.

Time will tell.
    Last edited by CJH_; 12-31-13 at 03:42 PM.
    12-31-13 02:41 PM
    I made it a point quite recently to leave CB behind due to the the trolling and the damage that the forums of the #1 fan site was having on the brand. But when I heard about this I had to come back and see it myself.

Kevin, thank you. I can see the thought is there, and I hope you can successfully put it in to action. I have been a member since '08 and couldn't take it anymore.

You can see people's post history, and hopefully people merely showing support in this thread don't think that will get them a get out of jail free card.

If this is to work, you must look at current staff also. Mods, ambassadors, trusted members... there are some really good ones, and there are others that incite, condescend, basically troll better than most the known trolls. Just as Chen is doing, if you want to fix this, start at the top. Show what is no longer acceptable. Heading straight for users will not fix the problem. It will make a lot happy, including me, but it is a bandaid. If you want true change, that sticks, you know what must be done.

Good luck Kevin and Bla1ze, I'm rooting for you, and not just because of the love I once had for this site, but because BlackBerry doesn't need it's biggest fan site being the megaphone it's biggest detractors... no, I'll say it, trolls, use to attack.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree. Most staff do an excellent job - and it's certainly not an easy one. Unfortunately, not all rein in the nonsense and that's disappointing. So yes, start with the people who represent CrackBerry - make sure that the great ones can do their job and the ones still learning have proper standards.
    12-31-13 02:43 PM
    Thanks for the post. Welcome back. As I said in the original post, we have to make decisions that benefit the overall good of the community, and that's the guiding rule here. So if there are problems -- bottom, top or anywhere in-between -- we'll work to identify them and address them.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, john_v, Anilu7 and 10 others like this.
    12-31-13 02:49 PM
    Thanks for the post. Welcome back. As I said in the original post, we have to make decisions that benefit the overall good of the community, and that's the guiding rule here. So if there are problems -- bottom, top or anywhere in-between -- we'll work to identify them and address them.
    How about anti-bullying train for all staff throughout Mobile Nations?
    That'd be a start Kevin.
    Anilu7, jrohland and Omnitech like this.
    12-31-13 02:54 PM
    Thanks, Kevin (and the entire CB team)! I appreciate all you do to keep this website and community going. Happy New Year!

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    12-31-13 02:58 PM
    That'd be a start Kevin.
    Higher standards of impartiality amongst mobile nations mods and ambassadors?

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    12-31-13 02:58 PM

dangnabbit man you made me choke.....
    Now you can add another name to your secret identity list. And personally, I think out all the people you've been accused of being, Elvis makes the most sense
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-31-13 02:59 PM
    Perhaps limiting the volume of posts per day by known trolls would be as effective and tad less Orwellian, albeit a private company has every right to enforce it's policies. Negative threads/posts can be ignored as can be the endless fanboy chatter as well. Perhaps installing an ignore option that users can take advantage of would be the best approach. Let the forum members dictate access over time.
    There already is an ignore feature in CB forum.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne...e-user-531445/

Can a Mod update the photos that were in the above thread?
    12-31-13 03:00 PM
    That'd be a start Kevin.
    Enough CJ you have made your point!
    12-31-13 03:01 PM

A new and improved guide can be found here....

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-h...member-821662/
    12-31-13 03:06 PM
    Thanks for this.
    12-31-13 03:06 PM
    A new and improved guide can be found here....

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-h...member-821662/
    That's a great guide if I do say so myself

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 03:08 PM

The ignore feature is one of the most used for me on this site!
    12-31-13 03:12 PM
    That's a great guide if I do say so myself

Posted via CB10
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jafobabe and hamsterwheel like this.
    12-31-13 03:13 PM
    To me this was the most important thread of 2013 and perhaps it epitomises the state of BlackBerry to some extent. I've been visiting since '08 although I've only formally joined this year. Was about to call it a day on CB because it was slowly becoming so utterly unpleasant that it simply was no longer worth a visit. Now I have some degree of hope.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 03:15 PM
    Hopefully the app gets updated with more features like ignore buttons or troll buttons

Running Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.1925
    R Field, Omnitech, niss63 and 2 others like this.
    12-31-13 03:16 PM
    does this mean I can now put away my sword and shield with the BB on it? But I dont wanna....(I would be glad if I can because as much as I am most times a passive observer, I think I may have waded in deep sometimes so good to see that this will be done). I dont need to see CB becoming sterilized but at least let it be seen as a BB enthusiast site. The fight out there in the real world is hard enough already
    12-31-13 03:19 PM
    The ignore option is alive and well! Thank god!!
    jafobabe, bungaboy and kbz1960 like this.
    12-31-13 03:20 PM
    How do I ignore myself?

Posted via CB10
    jafobabe, m1kr0, kbz1960 and 4 others like this.
    12-31-13 03:34 PM
    I respectfully disagree. Yes, a private company can and should set it's own rules. I've said this several times. The 'free speech' defense does not hold any water in a private place. Otherwise I could curse all day long. Common decency and forum rules say not to. So I don't. Ignore option still allows trolls to use CB as the #1 site for trolls to bash and lie about BB.

There is a parallel here. BlackBerry enthusiasts want Chen to strike hard and fast to save BB. I hope to see that type of action from Kevin and Bla1ze also.

And a question I'm not looking for an answer too, this is not a thread to argue in, but where else should we see fanboy chatter than a fan site?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 03:35 PM
    Nice!!!
    Happy New Year everyone.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    12-31-13 03:39 PM
833 12345 ...