I am glad Kevin stated that this is a help forum. I have seen too many people called stupid or told to Google things when they need help. I used to love this forum because you could come here for help. Sometimes now days people get flamed for asking something not deemed complicated enough. Lots of expertise here to help users, even less experiences ones.
    I totally agree. Also, please be reasonable and not tell people to "read the (85 page) thread."
    Either help by answering the person's question, or refrain from responding!

All of those "read the thread" posts just add clutter to long threads.
    tmf06, moody, VJMotz and 3 others like this.
    12-31-13 01:44 PM
    How about a post like "How do I Know if I am a Troll" and get a little more clarification and examples of what the mods are looking for.

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    Somehow I read that in a Jeff Foxworthy voice "you might be a troll if..." lol

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-31-13 01:45 PM
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you Kevin!

It's going to be a fantastic 2014 for BlackBerry and the CrackBerry site!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-31-13 01:47 PM
    Thank you. Thank you very much.
    Anilu7, Elite1, ghundiraj and 1 others like this.
    12-31-13 01:48 PM
    It's not about suppressing reality, it's about suppressing people who are CONSTANTLY looking to drag down others. Difference of opinions are welcome, the thing is to share those opinions constructively.
    Absolutely right !

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-31-13 01:48 PM
    It's not about suppressing reality, it's about suppressing people who are CONSTANTLY looking to drag down others. Difference of opinions are welcome, the thing is to share those opinions constructively.
    Then let's hope that's exactly what happens! Without the personal attacks and drivebys (and the trolls that start it all) I think every thread here could be a pleasure to read and participate in.
    Anilu7, Elite1 and ghundiraj like this.
    12-31-13 01:50 PM
    WooHoo! Im looking forward to it. Trolls have evolved into slick little devils that can disguise themselves with a few posts then start trash talking as "insiders". Good luck ferretting them out.
    bungaboy likes this.
    Finally... I guess my tweets helped... I'm glad this is happening! good job guys!

Running Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Can we at least name names of said trolls? CB really is a better place without them. I mean REALLY better.

Proudly tweeted the first #IChooseBlackberry10 tweet.
    93Aero and R Field like this.
    12-31-13 01:53 PM
    Can we at least name names of said trolls? CB really is a better place without them. I mean REALLY better.

Let's not lol

Posted via CB10
    diegonei, kbz1960, Elite1 and 2 others like this.
    12-31-13 01:54 PM
    +1,000,000

CB use to be the place to be for anything Blackberry.... lately it's just been plain black..
    bradu1, fanatical and Mecca EL like this.
    12-31-13 01:56 PM

Trust me. Any names you are thinking of naming we already have on a mental list.

Just go about your business, lest you be branded a troll yourself for picking on the trolls

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 02:00 PM
    No need to name the trolls at all. Mods are ready for them.
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-31-13 02:03 PM
    I made it a point quite recently to leave CB behind due to the the trolling and the damage that the forums of the #1 fan site was having on the brand. But when I heard about this I had to come back and see it myself.

Kevin, thank you. I can see the thought is there, and I hope you can successfully put it in to action. I have been a member since '08 and couldn't take it anymore.

You can see people's post history, and hopefully people merely showing support in this thread don't think that will get them a get out of jail free card.

If this is to work, you must look at current staff also. Mods, ambassadors, trusted members... there are some really good ones, and there are others that incite, condescend, basically troll better than most the known trolls. Just as Chen is doing, if you want to fix this, start at the top. Show what is no longer acceptable. Heading straight for users will not fix the problem. It will make a lot happy, including me, but it is a bandaid. If you want true change, that sticks, you know what must be done.

Good luck Kevin and Bla1ze, I'm rooting for you, and not just because of the love I once had for this site, but because BlackBerry doesn't need it's biggest fan site being the megaphone it's biggest detractors... no, I'll say it, trolls, use to attack.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bradu1; 12-31-13 at 02:30 PM.
    12-31-13 02:06 PM
    Well said Kevin and a very happy new year!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 02:06 PM
    Thank you. Thank you very much.
    Elvis? Zat you Elvis? LoL
    kbz1960 and Mecca EL like this.
    12-31-13 02:08 PM
    Elvis? Zat you Elvis? LoL

dangnabbit man you made me choke.....
    bungaboy and kbz1960 like this.
    12-31-13 02:10 PM
    I havent been here long, but Im really surprised by the amount negative smack-talk to be found here about the brand that is supposed to be supported
    12-31-13 02:14 PM
    Happy New Year to all and thank you Kevin.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-31-13 02:15 PM
    Man I feel sorry for Bla1ze

Kevin, what's the plan for dealing with folks who have nothing better to do than berate other members and start threads with the sole intention of inciting flame wars? The majority of "great" members that I see getting infractions usually occur in these threads where they're either defending themselves from the onslaught of personal attacks or getting baited by the utter stupidity of some of the threads that pop-up.

I'd love to see "discuss the post, not the poster" become an official rule in these forums. You can't find a decent discussion around here anymore without a ton of posts telling people they don't belong here, berating users of multiple platforms, or the drive-by "borderline" troll attacks.
    Agreed.

The drive-by "boderline" attacks are unbearable. As is platform bashing.
    Last edited by CJH_; 12-31-13 at 02:50 PM.
    Anilu7 and CDM76 like this.
    12-31-13 02:17 PM
    Word

And a happy New Year to all ya
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-31-13 02:18 PM
    I'm a Red Squircle Samurai now so I can help.

Oh, and by the way who do I give my "get out jail free card"?

"In Lendo we Trust " | Owner Squircle of Trust Channel | PIN 00120C87
    moody likes this.
    12-31-13 02:20 PM
    Please remember folks, do not respond to trolls, just report and let us handle it. If you flame bait yourself, or personal attack, or even "defend" in the form of and attack on them you run the risk of getting an infraction yourself. We are not going to give you a free pass just because we booted a troll!
    12-31-13 02:23 PM
    Good. The harressment of members by others should stop then.

*fingers crossed*
    mikeo007 and Anilu7 like this.
    12-31-13 02:24 PM
    I totally agree. Also, please be reasonable and not tell people to "read the (85 page) thread."
    Either help by answering the person's question, or refrain from responding!

All of those "read the thread" posts just add clutter to long threads.
    Agreed.

It'd be beneficial to actually delete threads started for the sole purpose of trolling.

I'd also like to see Ambassadors do more to help cut the trolling/harressment instead of sitting idly by (or stirring the pot).
    bradu1, Anilu7, collinc93 and 5 others like this.
    12-31-13 02:29 PM
833 1234 ...