Hey fellow members , unfortunately, don't think PlayBook meet my needs, despite I'd love BlackBerry to release another tablet in the market for us, consumers. So, my question is, what tablet you guys having been using that is out there in the market?
    First initial impressions was that I loved that Amazon tablet Fire HD I think, was kinda "was looking for" but needed some opinion as I've never had one. Basic interests for me is reading, browsing, Spotify, and multimedia in general. As been said, nothing much more that my Q10 can do it, but with the option of a bigger screen, specially for e-books and journals. Amazon was also cause won't have Google Products all over the place, and that make me feel better. So, any ideas or recommendations? I'm even considering a Z30 or Leap cause of the screen size. Thanks guys.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    Kurdis Blough likes this.
    08-01-15 08:21 AM
    I'd look at a refurbished iPad mini 2 or refurbished iPad Air off of Apples website. For multimedia and reading it will get the job done.
    08-01-15 08:29 AM
    2nd that thought
    08-01-15 08:31 AM
    Our iPad mini has gathered dust since my wife and I got unlocked Z30s cheap on clearance. The speakers are great with Spotify music. Everything else, like Netflix, is just as good and the navigation in general is so much nicer with BB10.

BB, Still the One
    clareberry likes this.
    08-01-15 08:36 AM
    Passport ;-)

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and Delphunkey like this.
    08-01-15 09:04 AM
    Ipad mini 3 with BES12 and BBM Meetings :-).

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 09:11 AM
    I use my sim-less z30.

There is an android Asus 8" tablet around here somewhere, but rarely gets used.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 09:16 AM
    First of all I miss my Playbook because how it works but the apps are old and there is no update whatever. With only a new browser and android support we still could had a nice Playbook. It's was my point almost to leave BlackBerry behind me because the promise us BB10 in someway and still don't care. But at least they could give us some new upgrade apps like an browser, keyboard, android runtime, music, videoplayer. They giving every user a BIG FINGER and a laugh when they told us aftter it stops.

We used 3 BlackBerry Tablet in the Family, but these days only my youngest son using my 64GB playbook and I using an ANdroid Tablet , My daughter also an Android tablet and the wife having an Windows tablet with Windows 10 at the moment.

I tried also an ipad for a few day to see how great it was, but it's the same how an ANdroid working. Best part Android has no itunes, no restrcitions and is much more cheaper than een ios tablet. It works and I have an 8 inch tablet with Android 4.4.x
    08-01-15 09:23 AM
    I stopped using tablets after I got the Z10.

In a few months though I will be going back too a tablet and heading in the iPad route.

Easy to use but for that item the app ecosystem is what made my decision for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 09:58 AM
    No tablet since the Z10, but a PlayBook before that.

If I had to pick a tablet in the future, probably one of the Amazon tablets.

Posted via CB10
    tjseaman likes this.
    08-01-15 10:02 AM
    Ipad,ocassionally
    08-01-15 10:03 AM
    Used to be the Playbook. Now the Surface Pro 3. Waiting on delivery of the new Jolla Tablet that I ordered from Indiegogo. Sometime in September or so it should show up.
    08-01-15 11:09 AM
    First tablet was a 64 GB PlayBook that I got for cheap. I liked it a lot, but when it wasn't going to get BlackBerry 10 and some websites started acting flaky, I gave it to my stepdad.

Second was a 64 GB Kindle Fire HDX. This one taught me to "buyer beware". On paper, it had fantastic hardware and was "Android compatible", but I learned the hard way that it didn't deliver.

It couldn't get apps from Google Play so it was missing many apps and current apps. The forked "Fire OS" caused me the worst lag I'd ever seen in the device, with constant freezing and locking up that persisted after resets. Many of the internal apps it used really sucked. For example, the video player didn't remember the last spot, didn't have titles, caused memory leaks and I accidentally swiped off the video and lost my spot all the time. As soon as I could, I sold it!

This led to

iPad Mini 2, which I now have. Good device. Nice screen. It can get a bit laggy as well, but doesn't freeze and lock up like the kindle. Apps are amazing, and everything generally works on it. Has some glitches I don't like, like Airplay quitting playing video on my Apple TV, but it's generally quite good. No regrets with this one.

If I were to get another tablet, it would probably be another iPad. I will never buy another Kindle. I might have purchased a BlackBerry 10 powered PlayBook 3, but that's unlikely to appear unless BlackBerry rights the ship.
    08-01-15 11:25 AM
    Chugging along with an iPad 3. Despite a slight slow-down with iOS 7 & 8, it still works like a charm. Perhaps that's one reason why people don't update them frequently. Why replace something that still works well?
    08-01-15 11:39 AM
    I am still using my BlackBerry Playbook as a 7 inch tablet and also have a good old HP Touchpad. That still works quite nice for webbrowsing and especially music playing. (Beats Audio included)
    Though I pledged for the Jolla Tablet and hopefully get my hands on it very soon.
    08-01-15 11:47 AM
    I am still using my BlackBerry Playbook as a 7 inch tablet and also have a good old HP Touchpad. That still works quite nice for webbrowsing and especially music playing. (Beats Audio included)
    Though I pledged for the Jolla Tablet and hopefully get my hands on it very soon.
    08-01-15 11:47 AM
    I have been using my Passport..
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    08-01-15 12:03 PM
    I'm using an older nexus 7. It's 7 inches and probably would want a newer device.
    Check out the link below. The Sony looks really nice!
    https://www.androidpit.com/best-android-tablets
    08-01-15 12:04 PM
    IPAD mini, first edition. Device is fine for my purposes but iOS sucks. My dream would be iPad hardware and BlackBerry OS 10 software!

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    08-01-15 12:11 PM
    IPad mini I use it for spotify mainly and some other games also great for when I travel

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 01:22 PM
    No tablet since the Z10, but a PlayBook before that.

If I had to pick a tablet in the future, probably one of the Amazon tablets.

Posted via CB10
    Same, except for the future if I need a bigger screen, it's the laptop or a smart TV. No tablet needed, as I prefer to skip the "middle man".

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    nicky_willz likes this.
    08-01-15 01:22 PM
    I have a Dell Venue 8 pro, but now that I have a Passport I don't use it as much.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 01:27 PM
    No need for a tablet with the awesome Passport!

Sent via Passport!
    08-01-15 01:42 PM
    I occasionally use my playbook, but not as much since upgrading from the zed to the passport! When the pb dies will probably go Ipad.

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    manberryman likes this.
    08-01-15 02:41 PM
    Ipad Mini 2. Fiancee calls it my "bathroom buddy."

Netflix and games mostly. I hate typing on the thing. I'd rather hammer out emails on my Classic or my PC.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    08-01-15 02:47 PM
137 123 ...