I just tried to get the unlock code for my Bold 9000 from at&t and was refused because of some exclusivity clause. Apparently since the Bold 9000 is exclusive to at&t, I'm not allowed to unlock the phone so I can use different sims. I find this a bit interesting considering that the 9000 is basically a discontinued phone from Blackberry.

What are my options to get this phone unlocked?
    09-09-10 01:01 PM
    Try ebay, it is 100% unlockable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 01:08 PM
    I've unlocked 3 Bold 9000's through them. Just call again. It's hit and miss with the
    reps. Screw that, it's your phone. You paid for it and can use it however you please.
    09-09-10 01:13 PM
    Well apparently I am required to have my phone for at least 10 months before it can be unlocked even though I've had an at&t account for over 10 years. Some new policy that went into effect this month. Problem is, I've had a Bold for longer than 10 months but it broke and I've only had this new 9000 for about a month. They are going by the IMEI number and not the purchase date of the original phone.
    09-09-10 01:53 PM
    Well apparently I am required to have my phone for at least 10 months before it can be unlocked even though I've had an at&t account for over 10 years. Some new policy that went into effect this month. Problem is, I've had a Bold for longer than 10 months but it broke and I've only had this new 9000 for about a month. They are going by the IMEI number and not the purchase date of the original phone.
    They always use that 10 month thing when they deny you. It's happened to
    me. I've still gotten my code. Keep trying mang.
    09-09-10 02:01 PM
    Okay, I had the 10 month thing all turned around. Apparently there is a new policy in place, as of 9/2/2010, that states that any phone that at&t has exclusivity rights to for 10 months or more can not be unlocked. Just like the iPhone. When they enter my IMEI into the system, a message pops up stating that this phone is exclusive to at&t and cannot be unlocked.

I've talked to 3 different reps and a manager to try to sort this thing out with no results.
    09-09-10 02:24 PM
    You can always get an unlocker here to do it for cheap.
    09-09-10 02:27 PM
    I just tried to get the unlock code for my Bold 9000 from at&t and was refused because of some exclusivity clause. Apparently since the Bold 9000 is exclusive to at&t, I'm not allowed to unlock the phone so I can use different sims. I find this a bit interesting considering that the 9000 is basically a discontinued phone from Blackberry.

What are my options to get this phone unlocked?
    You will either need to keep calling and find someone who will provide one or purchase one from us or any other unlocker on here that is reputable.
    09-12-10 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD