Hi all. I'm new here and will have a few question over time. I am on the BES server with the gov. But have a question about a personal blackberry and messenger. I know my messenger messages are tracked because I see them in my sent mail going out to the server. But I am not worried about my end.
    Question is can AT&T view messenger messages from the persons phone using the personal phone? I have been searching for a week now and can't find that exact answer. All I find is people talking about BES and IT and work phones.
    Thanks for the help,
    Dude guy
    04-24-09 09:33 AM
    I can't say for certain but I can't imagine why AT&T would want to have ALL the blackberry messenger messages stored somewhere to be able to see them?

Unless you are talking about something else, I think I am a bit confused by "...from the persons phone using the personal phone..."?
    04-24-09 12:04 PM
    I am a little confused as well. I do not believe that AT&T is going to store messages that their customers send personal or business wise....just to go back later and look at them. I would think that would be an invasion of privacy.
    04-24-09 01:25 PM
    I know that my BES stores all my messages. Understandable. I'm a government employee.
    And I know that ATT keeps logs of the text messages sent. You can get a sapena to get the actual text messages from them I am told.
    I am wondering if they do the same with the Blackberry messenger. I know the messenger uses data and not SMS and is thought of as 3rd party threw RIM, but still wonder if they can get there hands on those messages also.
    Thanks
    04-24-09 02:02 PM
    I know that my BES stores all my messages. Understandable. I'm a government employee.
    And I know that ATT keeps logs of the text messages sent. You can get a sapena to get the actual text messages from them I am told.
    I am wondering if they do the same with the Blackberry messenger. I know the messenger uses data and not SMS and is thought of as 3rd party threw RIM, but still wonder if they can get there hands on those messages also.
    Thanks
    From my experiences on getting subpoenas for text messages, the only thing that we can get is the date and time a message was sent, and not the actual text of the message.
    04-24-09 04:19 PM
    From my experiences on getting subpoenas for text messages, the only thing that we can get is the date and time a message was sent, and not the actual text of the message.
    According to Jack McCoy, there are some times that they can get the message and some times that they can only get the date and time. It really depends on which helps the plot develop better.
    04-24-09 04:24 PM
    According to Jack McCoy, there are some times that they can get the message and some times that they can only get the date and time. It really depends on which helps the plot develop better.
    Well in all the missing persons cases I have worked and contacted the various carriers, they have all told me they only have the date and time stamps of the messages. Wouldnt a missing persons case be important enough to get the actual messages?

Just my small mind working, but how big would the storage area have to be to store all the text messages that all the carriers subscribers send? I know I send and receive over 1000 texts a month. Multiply that by several hundred thousand subscribers. And thats just for one month.
    04-24-09 04:29 PM
    The thing is, This girl has an ex that works for ATT as a truck guy, but he tells her that he has her text conversations and she said he has told her certain things that were in the texts. And I have googled and found where others said they got the messages with the sopenas. She also uses the messenger so i'm wondering about both.
    Thanks
    04-24-09 04:52 PM
    Im not saying they cant, but whenever I get a subpoena they say all they have is date and times. maybe they are just blowing smoke up my ***, I dont know, but thats what they tell me.
    04-24-09 04:54 PM
    OK....the dude is a "truck guy" for AT&T not an acutal rep in the store or even a CSR. I work for AT&T as a CSR....the only thing that is actually stored is jus tthe date and time and the number that the message is placed to. AS far as bb messenger that should only show up as data. Have no idea if RIM keeps info on bb messenger and messages that go back and forth.....honestly dont see why they would.
    04-25-09 09:27 AM
    Just curious, but what is a "truck guy"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 09:33 AM
    truck guy = line guy, installer, technician....
    Thanks ambeyrae
    04-27-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD