I'm done with Sprint and I want to switch to a new carrier. AT&T and Verizon seem to be the best of the best, but their best phones seem to be the curve 9330.

I do not know if any new BB's will come out for either company in the very near future which would help influence my decision.

Any suggestions on which company i should go with?
    03-22-11 11:05 PM
    Which carrier has the best coverage where you live, work, and travel? It is best to choose a carrier for coverage first and then choose a device.

The best way to find out is to ask your family members, friends, co-workers, and neighbors which carrier they have and how their coverage is.

It does no good to get a nice device if you cannot get a signal.
    03-22-11 11:09 PM
    Not sure. Few friends have both and never complained. Both companies claim to have the best.
    03-22-11 11:34 PM
    Also, see if you can get an employer discount with either of them and which one gives you the highest.
    03-22-11 11:37 PM
    AT&T and Verizon seem to be the best of the best, but their best phones seem to be the curve 9330.
    What do you mean by "best"? If best you mean cheapest price, then yes.

Best on AT&T will be the Torch or Bold.
    Best on Verizon will perhaps be the Bold as well.

The Curve if great if you want a light weight BlackBerry w/ a curve-style keyboard and/or on a tight budget. But camera, screen solution aren't as good.
    03-22-11 11:41 PM
    Keep in mind that both AT&T and VZW will be getting new BlackBerry devices later this year. http://crackberry.com/blackberry-roadmap-2011
    03-22-11 11:43 PM
    ^^ That's true. I forgot about the new BlackBerry's coming in a few months.
    03-22-11 11:46 PM
    I've had verizon for ten years and always have had great coverage so can't say much for AT&T.
    03-23-11 05:36 AM
    On Verizon you must pay the $29 unlimited data for a Blackberry. On At&t, you have the option of a $15, 200 MB plan. When I had a Blackberry on Verizon, I never used more than 6 meg a month despite the fact I paid $29 for it. One factor was the jacked up browser on older BB OS and I hardly ever used it. Another factor is that even with push email, RIM's servers use data compression and it's very likely you could live within a tiered data plan. With my iPhone, I find it easy to stay within the 200MB even without compression. Having wifi makes it easier to stay within my data budget. Make sure you get a device with wifi. Make sure you get a device that supports the newest BB OS.

BTW my coverage was better when I was on Verizon and if they ever bring back tiered data, I will probably switch back.
    03-23-11 06:05 AM
    That being said, if the $29 doesn't kill you, there is some piece of mind in knowing you don't have to worry about it.
    03-23-11 08:28 AM
    On Verizon you must pay the $29 unlimited data for a Blackberry. On At&t, you have the option of a $15, 200 MB plan. When I had a Blackberry on Verizon, I never used more than 6 meg a month despite the fact I paid $29 for it. One factor was the jacked up browser on older BB OS and I hardly ever used it. Another factor is that even with push email, RIM's servers use data compression and it's very likely you could live within a tiered data plan. With my iPhone, I find it easy to stay within the 200MB even without compression. Having wifi makes it easier to stay within my data budget. Make sure you get a device with wifi. Make sure you get a device that supports the newest BB OS.

BTW my coverage was better when I was on Verizon and if they ever bring back tiered data, I will probably switch back.
    My problem on ATT would be I would occasionally go over their 2 GM limit on the big plan. So the Verizon unlimited works better for me, ALTHOUGH, usually I'm under 2Gs a month.
    03-23-11 08:45 AM
    Here's an interesting article that might be of interest to the OP -- if this were to happen then you might end up with Verizon/Sprint even after trying to leave: Sprint's endgame is grim, unless Verizon comes calling - Mar. 23, 2011
    03-23-11 08:52 AM
    Verizon has the better network than AT&T that is for sure. I'm not talking about coverage, though they sure cover my county much better. I mean they have so much redundancy and power backups that if the power went down for several hours it would still work.
    03-23-11 01:16 PM
    IMO:
    1. Which carrier has good reception in your place? Verizon/AT&T?
    2 If you like BlackBerry its good to go with At&t,but if you're switching to android its best to pick verizon since they prioritize android than blackberries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 09:16 PM
    Forgive me for waking up such an old thread but a lot has changed in a year...

When I got my iPhone 4, my most frequently used app was "Mark the Spot" which was used to tell At&t how and where their network sucked. Within about 6 months, I stopped using that app at all. That's a huge improvement. Not as good as Verizon but no more daily dropped calls.

Then I got my iPhone 5 and it was "network envy" all over again. There was no At&t LTE north of Columbus, Oh. Seriously. About a month after getting the 5, I started seeing billboards announcing At&t LTE was up and running. Nowadays if I need something quick, I prefer LTE to wifi because it's so much faster. Of course VZW is still more expensive than At&t but not by much so really the only thing holding me on At&t is contracts. With the new BB10 phones announced today, they will definitely work better on VZW than on any of the others but my experience with At&t is (mostly) "good enough." For the next renewal, I think I'll look for a carrier that offers handset financing for an unlocked phone with no contract.
    01-30-13 11:49 AM