I have a Blackberry Curve 8310 and recently I have been experiencing problems using my BB when I travel outside of my network. I am with Longlines...a local carrier here in NW Iowa. The problem has occured in Rochester MN, and now Des Moines IA just this past weekend. My phone and txt msg. works great when I travel...but it's the browser/data features that do not work at all. No GPS, no weather, no emails...just nothing. When I called my service provider this morning, I was told that it is because AT&T has been upgrading their towers in parts of MN, IA and NE and that ALL BB users will be having some issues with their phones when using AT&T towers! They said the problem will continue until AT&T comes up with a patch. I find this very unbelievable considering I know about 5 friends with blackberries and they never experience any type of problem when they are traveling.

Does anyone out there have any ideas on what the issue could be if there is something wrong with my service books?!?! Just a very frustrating problem...especially when I am not receiving any helpful customer service from my provider.
    07-27-09 02:30 PM
    That is looking like my only option at this point! Live and learn!!
    07-27-09 02:50 PM
    I'm on a blackberry with AT&T in the midwest. No problems here.
    07-27-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD