I have been into several At&t storefronts here in central/upstate New York, both before and after the Z10 release and it never fails; broken and/or discharged Blackberry display units. Not only have i been unable to tinker with a Z10 in any of the 6 stores I have tried, but when all they needed was a charge, the staff acted like they had no clue about how to do it or offered to show me an iPhone or Android device instead. This -CAN'T- be just a coincidence at this point. I was in an At&t storefront earlier today about 40 minutes from where i live, several towns over, and the single Z10 display unit was plugged in but wouldn't charge. The staff got annoyed with me when I insisted that I really don't like Android, iPhone and Windows Phones and offered no help in demoing the unit whatsoever. This is really starting to frustrate me as I don't want to switch to T-Mobile or Verizon, I like the cell signal i get with At&t in my area and I REALLY REALLY want a Z10 (or Q10 - haven't decided). Has anyone else had similar experiences with At&t? If so, what do you think is going on? Deliberate neglect due to bonus comission on iPhones or something? Tell me what you think.
    05-28-13 03:39 PM
    I was in an AT&T store in a Virginia suburb of Washington, DC late last week. The man being [mis]served in front of me had a Curve. He was looking at the Z10. The ignorant sales droid told him he didn't want that, he wants an iPhone. When asked why, she said "I don't like those". He bought the iPhone.
    05-28-13 03:58 PM
    I am afraid the issue is with employees in general. Most folks just don't give a crap now. Taking the path of least resistance.

Any of you that run a business and hire folks know this.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-28-13 05:02 PM
    I see that in Iowa too. I am on Verizon and stopped in to get a case for my Z10 and the sales rep said to get a I phone next time.
    05-28-13 05:07 PM
    I see that in Iowa too. I am on Verizon and stopped in to get a case for my Z10 and the sales rep said to get a I phone next time.
    I would be gotten the rep's name and made a call. That's just rude.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:22 PM
    I was in an AT&T store in a Virginia suburb of Washington, DC late last week. The man being [mis]served in front of me had a Curve. He was looking at the Z10. The ignorant sales droid told him he didn't want that, he wants an iPhone. When asked why, she said "I don't like those". He bought the iPhone.
    Maybe he'll return the IPhone. The keyboard alone is enough to turn most BlackBerry users off.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:23 PM
    Here's something Thor should've discussed at BlackBerry Jam. How stupid would any carrier look if he walked into a store with only two or three phones (all BlackBerry's) on display but inoperable?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:47 PM
    I loathe AT&T. Their customer service is just horrid. I stopped in on the Z10 launch day since they were the first US carrier to launch it. I just wanted to play with one since it would be another week until T-Mobile got theirs in. I went after work...and they hadn't even put their demo unit on display yet!! They went in back and got one fresh out of a box. At least I got to play with it before they slapped a security device on it so I could feel like mine would be like in the hand.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-28-13 06:28 PM
    I would say don't buy from the store and just order online, but even ordering online is not simple if you have to chat or talk to a person, as I had to go through the whole process of having to explain why I wanted a blackberry and not android phone.
    05-28-13 08:03 PM
    Here's something Thor should've discussed at BlackBerry Jam. How stupid would any carrier look if he walked into a store with only two or three phones (all BlackBerry's) on display but inoperable?

Posted via CB10
    If only BlackBerry today had true negotiation power with carriers the way Apple does today. Remembering the good old days of BlackBerry 9000 when the brand truly peaked and started the downfall at the time of BlackBerry Storm release.
    05-28-13 08:33 PM
    I loathe AT&T. Their customer service is just horrid. I stopped in on the Z10 launch day since they were the first US carrier to launch it. I just wanted to play with one since it would be another week until T-Mobile got theirs in. I went after work...and they hadn't even put their demo unit on display yet!! They went in back and got one fresh out of a box. At least I got to play with it before they slapped a security device on it so I could feel like mine would be like in the hand.
    Same here. I was on the way out of town for the weekend on a Friday. The day of the att release of the z10. Stopped in to try it out and left feeling glad I am on Verizon.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-28-13 11:38 PM
    I've been thinking of leaving ATT for t mobile for a while now. I will be getting a tmo prepaid to test the service at home and at work. My main concern with tmo though, is indoor building signal/penetration. I've heard good and bad, but if I can get a solid signal at home and at work (no wifi at work), i will definitely be leaving ATT. I'd be saving about $45 month if i kept the same exact plan/features.
    05-29-13 12:11 PM