You would think the CMO would fix the situation by now.
    Unfortunately you cant fix a persons attitude/opinion
    06-06-13 02:20 PM
    I have had a few of ATT sales reps wait on me as I went into the store to play with the Z10. None tried to talk me out of the sale, but one abandoned me to never return. the last rep actually carried a store issued one (he's an iPhone user). He liked the Z10 and was quite knowledgeabe about it. He shared what he liked and didn't like and even let me use the Z10 he was using. Guess who got the sale when my upgrade came due about a week later?

Some salespeople do not realize the key to having great sales is to listen to the customer and to probe for needs and wants. Then you can better match-up phone to person.
    06-06-13 02:32 PM
    Of course him bad mouthing the phone and BlackBerry and not wanting to sell it has nothing to do with the store not selling any. Wow !

Posted via Z10
    06-06-13 03:01 PM
    luckily i know more about phones than more att reps, so anytime they try to convince me otherwise i am able to easily break their arguments of why not to buy a bb10 phone

that being said, i was at the att store a week ago asking about the q10 and there was someone who was also asking about the q10/z10! his biggest concern was getting google maps (he was talking to the rep and i was close by). the rep said "idk if it has google maps" before the man could get discouraged (hes using a 9900 btw) i jumped in and told him yes it does! i even let him use my brothers z10 and he really liked it, so much he might even get that instead of the q10! either way, america is full of very gullible people so selling a specific phone can be very easy. I think that BB needs more apps in order for reps to stop discrediting them but it will take time. Hell, wp7/8 is just now picking up market share and it has been out for almost 2 years! (it still doesnt have all the apps yet).
    06-06-13 03:15 PM
    Well, I will say wait if you are not in a rush I have Z 10 and I have to say I have been very loyal to BlackBerry even throughout years of people abandoning BlackBerry. Yet, I cannot seem to be able to get any of the important apps I need or liked from older blackberry device. They just announced sound hound which is suppose to be like Shazam and they clearly stated it was made for Os 10 Z10 and Q10 when I went on to hub to down load because I really missed Shazam it say Sound hound is not available for Z10. :/Even though they claim it is available and made for Os 10 devices. I have been faithful but now really beginning to wonder if I made the right choice this time around. To many false promises. Skype still not available for Z10. Still no app to be able to transfer contacts and data wireless like buddy guard app which once again cannot get on Z10. Which I will add was the reason I lost many of my old contacts and information. Frustrated

Posted via CB10
    I have Skype and SoundHound on my Z10. Both from BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    AngryEdmontonian likes this.
    06-06-13 03:32 PM
    And say what? You employee recommended a phone that I don't like to my friend?

Sent from either my Z10, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, or Playbook
    I really think you have missed the point. It's not about the sales person recommending the Galaxy; it's that they discounted the shopper's wish to buy the BlackBerry.

The sales pitch should have spoken only yi the way in which the S4 would best fit the customer's needs. No mention should have been made of BlackBerry, either the phone or the company.

Posted via CB10
    donmateo likes this.
    06-06-13 03:35 PM
    I just convinced my friend to try out the Blackberry z10 for at least the 15 or 30 day trial. She has AT&T (Ohio). The rep told her not to get one because Blackberry is going under and won't be around any longer. Furthermore said they have not sold one Z10 since it was released because it is a terrible phone and to get the Galaxy S4. Absolutely outrageous and I wish that Blackberry had a place to report instances like this! They need to address these issues!

Needless to say my friend is having second thoughts now and decided to just wait for a little and maybe try again. I hope she will try the Z10!
    Go with her when she goes so you can ask the rep for proof and when they spew their sh*t make them look stupid and show them what the facts are. And try a browser test with a Z10 a GS4. The GS4 cant touch the Z10.
    06-06-13 03:42 PM
    My problem and reluctance in getting another BB this year is BlackBerry seems to keep promising apps, better OS , yada, yada yada. They HAD to rush out something this year Z10 in the hope of BB customers buying them like Apple Bois buy iPhones. No thanks, I'll wait until November when the A10 is released, and then we will see of BlackBerry is serious about staying in the private sector consumer game. Time will tell if its just still smoke and mirrors from BlackBerry.
    richardat and m1a1mg like this.
    06-06-13 03:53 PM
    I really think you have missed the point. It's not about the sales person recommending the Galaxy; it's that they discounted the shopper's wish to buy the BlackBerry.
    Nope. Clearly the customer was NOT determined to buy a BB, and was interested in the salesman's opinion. The sales person did not "discount" it, in fact it's the opposite, he took it into account in encouraging her not to buy a BB.

The sales pitch should have spoken only yi the way in which the S4 would best fit the customer's needs. No mention should have been made of BlackBerry, either the phone or the company.
    NOPE. Very unethical, and troubling that you'd want salespeople to feign ignorance in that manner. The future of the company, and the manner in which it operates is clearly relevant if it affects the consumer. In my opinion it would be absolutely wrong for a salesperson not to mention this if they felt it would affect the customer - in other words, these things may well affect the customer's needs.
    06-06-13 03:57 PM
    Go with her when she goes so you can ask the rep for proof and when they spew their sh*t make them look stupid and show them what the facts are. And try a browser test with a Z10 a GS4. The GS4 cant touch the Z10.
    Yeah, my buddy did that to a salesguy who kept saying the Hulk was way stronger than Superman! My buddy went back and brought our other friend, and he brought Supes issue #178, and totally owned the Salesguy. PROVED him wrong! It was AWESOME!!!

Also, for sure, a spontaneous in-store browser test will definitely be valid! AWESOME!!!!

:-)
    06-06-13 04:00 PM
    I have had a few of ATT sales reps wait on me as I went into the store to play with the Z10. None tried to talk me out of the sale, but one abandoned me to never return. the last rep actually carried a store issued one (he's an iPhone user). He liked the Z10 and was quite knowledgeabe about it. He shared what he liked and didn't like and even let me use the Z10 he was using. Guess who got the sale when my upgrade came due about a week later?

Some salespeople do not realize the key to having great sales is to listen to the customer
    and to probe for needs and wants. Then you can better match-up phone to person.
    If indeed the salesperson abandoned you simply out of disgust for BB and thus he did not want to involved in selling you a BB (odd, since he didn't even try to talk you out of it), then clearly he knew what he was giving up ie. a sale.
    06-06-13 04:06 PM
    Nope. Clearly the customer was NOT determined to buy a BB, and was interested in the salesman's opinion. The sales person did not "discount" it, in fact it's the opposite, he took it into account in encouraging her not to buy a BB.

NOPE. Very unethical, and troubling that you'd want salespeople to feign ignorance in that manner. The future of the company, and the manner in which it operates is clearly relevant if it affects the consumer. In my opinion it would be absolutely wrong for a salesperson not to mention this if they felt it would affect the customer - in other words, these things may well affect the customer's needs.
    Yet you still refuse to see.

If I come in to buy a washing machine from one manufacturer, and you think a model from a different manufacturer has a model you think is a better fit, then you are obliged to point out the BENEFITS of the one you want to sell. You don't spend your time belittling the other product. And you certainly don't make up unsubstantiated comments about the manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 05:44 PM
    The rep told her not to get one because Blackberry is going under and won't be around any longer. Furthermore said they have not sold one Z10 since it was released because it is a terrible phone and to get the Galaxy S4.
    Question: Have they not sold a single Z10 because it is a terrible phone or have they not sold one because every time someone comes in to buy one, they tell them it's a horrible phone? Also if they have not sold one, then they've probably not had one returned or complained about, so again, how do they know it's a terrible phone?

Vicious cycle they got going on in that store.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:21 PM
    That's what the idiots at Verizon told me, they're like we'll you won't have the amount of apps you would with the iphone. Ok I'm not looking for apps I'm looking for a phone I can get work done with, hence why I want a blackberry. Don't have all day to play apps on. They then told me I was the first z10 buyer and asked what phone I had (Bold 9930) either way they have some decent apps and if you have a blackberry you shouldn't really be focusing on apps. Anyway I ended up getting the z10 and leaving with a smile.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:05 PM
    There's always that slight chance that the rep foolishly believes his job is to make sure the customer gets the best device for him/her to ensure repeat business down the road and genuinely felt that the s4 would have been a better match. Let's be honest, the Z10 is a good phone but it's incredibly different from the usual Androids and iPhones and there are people that are dissatisfied with its UI and lack of certain features and others who just might not be the right match for it. There is a reason who so many people like it, but there is also a reason why people like the androids and iPhones.

I love the UI, I think flow gestures is best I've used, and I'm coming from an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:28 PM
    I love the UI, I think flow gestures is best I've used, and I'm coming from an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    And?

06-06-13 10:56 PM
    I've been in 4 stores, in 3 states, where VZW reps told me not to get a Z10. Like an earlier poster, I'm waiting for the early adopters to work out the bugs. But at least 4 VZW stores aren't pushing, or even recommending, the Z10.
    06-06-13 11:08 PM
    She must have asked the rep about what the phones are like and he/she must have told S4 turns out to be a better phone. By stats S4 is an amazing phone to beat at the moment.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-06-13 11:15 PM
    If I ever meet a rep that says they have not sold a single Blackberry I'd really love to tell them, obviously if you are convincing people not to but it when they planned to!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 12:00 AM
    The salesperson influences people- people have to spend the time to get informed. I stopped by BestBuy to see what Z10 was like and they actually had a functioning device in a cabinet, not one of those dummy phones. The young man was very enthusiastic and gave a superb demonstration of the device- but I have done my own reading and had a pretty good idea of what it should do. To bad the sales person mentioned in the op was uninformed because it is an easy sale when someone already has enthusiasm built up for a particular item. I had to fight the tide of opinion to get my PlayBook. Perhaps op should go with friend? And give a demonstration of Z10s qualities.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    06-07-13 08:12 AM
    Yet you still refuse to see.

If I come in to buy a washing machine from one manufacturer, and you think a model from a different manufacturer has a model you think is a better fit, then you are obliged to point out the BENEFITS of the one you want to sell. You don't spend your time belittling the other product. And you certainly don't make up unsubstantiated comments about the manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    YOU are the one who's refusing to see!!

YOU DO POINT OUT THE NEGATIVES! You know?

What if the washing machine used hydrochloric acid as the liquid?! Would you not mention to your customer that HCl would be difficult to find in stores and there isn't enough selection choice that the customer get? Furthermore, it could potentially be difficult to obtain.. No? You wouldn't want to be told any of that?

It's the same thing here.

Well actually, I think the OP is just trolling (1 post...).
    06-07-13 08:22 AM
    that is frustrating but if it is any consolation the hugely anti-BB ATT guys in Portland were refreshingly positive about the Z10. One of the reps that used to look at me with a tired look when I got the Z10 now has one himself and loves it. Give it some time and stay on your friend. For the first time that I can remember we, the BlackBerry users, actually have a phone that is better than the iPhone in my view.
    Larger screen (but not too big), higher resolution, awesome camera with time-shift, hdmi out port, replaceable battery and SD card, great OS, BlackBerry security, etc.
    BlackBerry is back (finally!) and eventually even that dummy will figure it out.
    06-07-13 09:54 AM
    why cant they just make it one sticky thread so every time someone encounter a sales rep that doesn't like the z10 can complaint there.
    06-07-13 10:07 AM
    Maybe the real reason they haven't sold a single Z10 is because of her attitude towards it.
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 07:26 AM
    OP has never returned.
    06-08-13 07:33 AM
50 12