Okay...

I got an 8320 and after seeing my boy use Telenav, I decided to download it.

Telenav is for AT&T, but being that it was unlocked, I tried to use it anyways. It would not let me connect and would tell me that "AT&T Navigator not available" and figured it was because I downloaded the 8310 and then the 8300 version as the options for 8320 wasn't there.

Now, I received my 8310 in red and decided to try and it I keep receiving the same error. It's not Telenav, because a friend I was out with last night set it up within 5 minutes on her phone. She called at&t and they added the feature. She went to the login screen where I get stuck and she gets through.

I'm not sure if it's because I had downloaded it before for two months free and never used it. I then downloaded it recently and would get this message.

I also have the 4.5 OS, maybe that's the issue running on my phone... Anyone else able to use Telenav with 4.5?

HELP!

Thanks in advance,
    S.
    05-03-08 06:27 PM
    Well I guess I found out my issue.

4.5... I went back to 4.2 and it worked. I wonder if anyone has it working on 4.5
    05-04-08 12:15 AM
    Anyone with an unlocked 8800 running on the T-Mobile network with 4.5 OS successfully using AT&T Navigator here? Hopefully, I do not have to revert back to 4.2 like the other poster did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-08 08:35 AM
    One person over at BB forums said they got it working, but no one else. *cough fibber *cough*
    05-10-08 05:03 PM
    One person over at BB forums said they got it working, but no one else. *cough fibber *cough*
    All I know is, this AT&T Navigator on 4.5 OS does not work for me. Tried Wayfinder 8, but totally missed the voice instructions with street names.
    05-10-08 08:10 PM
    Anyone know if nav4all works with 4.5?
    05-10-08 08:21 PM
    i have used nav4all on 4.5, also, telenav 5.1 works for me..
    05-10-08 08:28 PM
    I reverted back to 4.21** on my 8800 as the 4.5 OS beta, while visually pleasing, is still unstable (memory leaks, no caller id when call comes in while on bluetooth mode, etc.). Tried out AT&T Navigator once again, and it works beautifully!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 10:08 AM
    I corrected this issue... Docs2Go has to be installed.

Also I actually stopped the memory leak using 4.5!
    05-18-08 01:54 AM
    Has anybody used the voice recognition feature? I put it on my 8130 (running 4.3.097), and the program runs OK but doesn't seem to 'hear' anything I say to the voice recognizer.
    05-19-08 03:18 AM
    You guys keep making the mistake that these two programs are one and the same. They are not even related. Just happens that when AT&T released their Navigator (which really is a branded Garmin), they pushed it to customers via the old TeleNav link.

To get TeleNav on your AT&T Blackberry, you now have to go to a new link which you obtain from TeleNav. BTW, it's not the one on their web site FAQ, that one doesn't work. =)

If you want TeleNav, you'll have to call them. You can get it, but you have to pay them, you can no longer bill monthly via AT&T. Those currently doing so will have to switch soon, according to them.

So, be clear, you are either talking about Navigator, or TeleNav, they are two totally distinct programs.
    05-21-08 11:53 PM
    I am using Garmin Mobile with 4.5 on an 8310.
    05-23-08 12:17 PM
    Has anyone actually figured out a way to use telenav with 4.5? As soon as I upgraded telenav stopped working and I've spent so much time on the phone with telenav support trying to get this fixed and they just keep telling me to do the same thing over and over and its not working!!
    05-29-08 08:32 AM
    Has anyone actually figured out a way to use telenav with 4.5? As soon as I upgraded telenav stopped working and I've spent so much time on the phone with telenav support trying to get this fixed and they just keep telling me to do the same thing over and over and its not working!!
    Read my post... Install Docs2Go.
    05-31-08 03:23 PM
    Wow... I just realized that AT&T Navigator doesn't work with 4.5, whether Docs2Go is installed or not.

Telenav does work. You can download it @ "http://ota.telenav.com/ota/tnatt/" as this is where I d/led my version of 5.1
    05-31-08 03:30 PM
    I have not been able to access either the AT&T navigator or Telenav since upgrading to OS 4.5. When trying Telenav I get an "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointer Exception" when trying AT&T navigator it says the AT&T network is unavailable? Anyone have any ideas? AT&T and Telenav have not been much help. RIM said it was because the SW was not released yet for AT&T? I have a buddy at work with the same exact phone who also upgraded to OS 4.5 with no issues with his Telenav.
    07-01-08 02:49 PM
    It's posted on the Telenav forum (by a Telenav representative) that it isn't supported under 4.5 yet, and no date on when it will be.
    07-01-08 02:52 PM
    First I am running 4.5.0.37 Vodaphone (Germany) OS
    I was getting a "null pointer exception" after upgrading.

Per suggestions made here and at other sites:
    1) I deleted the "Telenav 5.1.1.15" version from the BB via BB Desktop Mgr
    2) I selected install "Docs2Go" on the install apps from BB Mgr and installed that then ran it from BB to make sure it was installed.
    3) On BB I went in Browser and went to the ota site for ATT for Telenav and installed (it installed 5.1.1.30)
    4) Clicked on Telenav and followed the setup logging in with my phone number and P/W from before (If you don't know your Telenav P/W look in Tools/Extras => Support => PIN number BEFORE upgrading to 4.5) If you didn't it is most likely the last 4 of your phone number.

Now working fine. Hope this helps
    07-08-08 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD