First of all congratulations to all the T-Mobile customers who got their Z10's today. What I am really interested in is in hearing your experiences. Were the displays up? Was the sales associates that you dealt with knowledgeable about the Z10 and were able to operate it properly? Did you see other customers inquiring about and buying Z10's.

I just want to start with my story. I was in the Fort Lauderdale area about an hour ago and I did visit 2 stores. I popped in to ask about the Z10 and the sales associate that I spoke to was very pleasant and excited to be selling the Z10. She knew the basic gestures and did not have any problem describing the features of the phone. So that was a positive experience.

In another store, the experience was so so. The person did not seem all that enthused, but still was able to demo the phone very competently.

For others that visited T-Mobile stores today, what was your experience?
    bunky1971 and DJRikko like this.
    03-26-13 11:15 AM
    Lots of folks signing up for iPhones.
    03-26-13 11:52 AM
    The store did not have the z10 and did not know when it was coming
    03-26-13 11:53 AM
    It was fantastic. Plus Kevin and Blaze were there.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:55 AM
    I was in the T-Mobile store near Tyson's Corner, Virginia about 5 minutes after it opened. The two guys in there did not know they are selling the Z10 today until I told them. They had none on display and knew nothing about it. I was there from about 10:05 to 10:25. No other customers came in. I did not see any iPhone marketing or display either. I did not ask about the iPhone.
    nquyen likes this.
    03-26-13 12:16 PM
    I stopped in at the local T-Mobile to see how they were doing. They hadn't sold any yet, but had a full display for it, including accessories. I already have my Z10, but bought a case since they had them there.

T-Mobile Z10 Launch today - What was your in store experience?-img_00000006.jpg

Everyone seemed to know about the phone and how to present it. The manager was excited to have it in, and one sale associate said he was buying one.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 12:18 PM
    it definitely depends on your location and your local t-mo's 'tier' level.

t-mos with high blackberry sales will get the most inventory and in-store displays... that's how retail goes.
    03-26-13 12:23 PM
    The store was empty when I went in at about 11:30 am. The location was Roxborough, Philadelphia. The sales rep had no trouble activating the Z10 but did have difficulty negotiating the transition to the new plan. There was no display of any sort. She said that would be going up today. She had a list of about 15 people who had called to reserve a Z10, and she said she thought they'd go through their first shipment quickly.
    DJRikko likes this.
    03-26-13 12:48 PM
    I went yesterday to inquire when they'd have the Z10 in. They said they had them now, and I could get one then if I wanted. Of course I was enthused at this news, and practically threw my wallet at them. I paid off the remaining EIP balance on my SGS3, and while we were doing that we were chatting about the Z10 and the woman that was helping me was very excited to be carrying it. Then it came time to ring up the phone...and it wouldn't go through. She called another store, and got confirmation that she couldn't sell me one until today. She was soooo apologetic and even offered me a free case for getting my hopes up! So I'm going back there today. They have one held for me. This location is only a kiosk at a mall (Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, KS), but I've gotten great service there before, especially from that particular woman. When I go back to pick it up, I'll see if they have any signage up. I'll also check the other T-Mo kiosk at the mall to see if they have anything up. I'll report back when I get my phone .
    Azensun, ubizmo, DJRikko and 5 others like this.
    03-26-13 12:50 PM
    I went yesterday to inquire when they'd have the Z10 in. They said they had them now, and I could get one then if I wanted. Of course I was enthused at this news, and practically threw my wallet at them. I paid off the remaining EIP balance on my SGS3, and while we were doing that we were chatting about the Z10 and the woman that was helping me was very excited to be carrying it. Then it came time to ring up the phone...and it wouldn't go through. She called another store, and got confirmation that she couldn't sell me one until today.
    This is almost exactly what happened to me. There was no problem this morning though.
    03-26-13 12:53 PM
    After lunch, as I was leaving the parking lot (parked right outside the T-Mobile store), I looked back in the store and their big screen plasma on the back wall had the "BlackBerry Peak and Flow" screen up. The store doesn't have any large banners for any phone, just using the big screen instead. It was good to see it displayed clearly visible from the parking lot.

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    03-26-13 01:26 PM
    I called my nearest T-Mobile store yesterday afternoon (March 25th). The employee who answered the phone did NOT know when the Z10 would be for sale, although he said they "had one in the store that they have been playing with". On an earlier visit, I had left my phone number to be called when the phone was available. Today I received an email from T-Mobile, with some details about the phone, and stating that it is available. Price is $531.99, or $99.99 down and $18.00/month for 24 months.
    03-26-13 02:29 PM
    ugh, didn't see this thread. my bad guys.

ust came back from my trip to 2 different Tmobile stores, let's just say it didnt go so well.
    the first one I went to(2 minutes from my place) had no one in it except for the 3 employees. They didn't even have the phone on display and the two girls didn't even know much about the phone. One asked if it was the Z10, she sounded like she wasn't too sure.

When I talked to the manager(who quickly came to their aid) assured me they had the phones in the back but said he couldn't sell them yet. HE told me I should come back because a BlackBerry rep would stop by around 6pm so I could talk to him(ridiculous!).

Anyways, went to the other store which is a 10 minute drive from my home and they did have the phone on display and also in-stock. When I asked the guy if I could outright buy the phone from them, he said "NO because they only have two at the moment and those units are supposed to be sold with some sort of plan"

He said I should come back when they have more inventory. The worst part was when I asked if he could still check how much the total would be if they could sell it to me today, he showed me computer screen and it said $570. I was pretty pissed but hey, not his fault.

Apparently in order to get the 530 pricepoint, you still have to sign up for a plan with them. I'm pretty disappointed because I was waiting for so long for this Tmo launch and it's been such a letdown and a waste of time, not what I had in mind at all.

In conclusion, Tmobile would not sell me the z10.

Could've easily just bought one from eBay. Smh...
    Last edited by lgfaver; 03-26-13 at 03:08 PM.
    ddlax22 likes this.
    03-26-13 02:57 PM
    Sorry to hear that. However you will get your Z10 soon.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    03-26-13 04:28 PM
    Got my Z10 today!! Wow Finally!!!!! 3 other people came in the buy the z10 while i was there. The rep said they got in 19 units and have sold 10 by 4pm. There was a blackberry rep on hand to help any customers with z10 questions. Sadly, there was no displays or units on display. The T-mobile rep did say there were moving to another location so they are not updating the currect store. Now let me go play with my zee10 or zed10
    bunky1971, web99, q649 and 1 others like this.
    03-26-13 04:29 PM
    I was in TMO location in Virginia Beach rep new what I was speaking of and offered the demo model to try immediately. They had an electronic screen with BB10 playing across it continously. Fortunately I bought last one of.........20 they had to start the day

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:05 PM
    Bought my Z (zed :P) 10 in downtown Palo Alto. Went OK - nothing much to say. The manager was helpful - there was one display unit, which hadn't been set up when I made it in (was there when the store opened). There was no BB signage, but he did say that a rep would be by to answer any questions I had. I knew what I wanted, so I was in and out fairly quickly, but I'm curious what would have happened if someone was simply phone-shopping.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    03-26-13 07:06 PM
    posted in another thread, but applicable here:

Got up early to get the z10 today. Me and my SO went to T-Mobile at 3rd and Broadway in downtown Los Angeles at 9 A.M. There were Z10 signs up but they all said "business account pre-sale", printed on 8x11" paper. Doors opened at 9 and there were about 5 people waiting. I wondered if maybe some of them or any of them were there for the z10. Nope.

1 employee was there and i waited for 5 people before she got to me. This isn't her fault. I was actually surprised, this store is usually AWESOME. Anyway, none of the people before me were there for the z10, one woman had an issue were the time on her razr being wrong, the next had broken his screen on the S3, the next woman couldn't get pictures off her phone to her laptop, the woman after her was trying to convince T-Mobile to forward texts from her boyfriends line to her line (lol). I'm looking around the store and I don't see a z10 kiosk, but then I spot a Z10 on display under "windows phone" kiosk with 0 BlackBerry branding on it other than the device itself. I'm guessing they got the phones in late last night and didn't get around to building the display.

So eventually after quite an annoying wait, me, the first actual customer buying something gets to the front. I said I'm here for the new blackberry. She says " I don't think we have those yet, let me go see" I'm figuring they do actually have them because I mean it's launch day. She comes back with two phones, says they got 4 in last night. I'm like "great" the other line on our family plan is a galaxy s3 which was purchased last year not subsidized. She begins the process of transferring our account over to the new unlimited plans, which requires a phone call. The rep on the other end tells her there will be a $200 transfer fee for the other line because of the s4 starting a new contract last year, we mention that the phone wasn't purchased at a subsidized price, T-Mobile waves the fee, not only do they waive it, they backdate to the date of that purchase which was in october of last year with the new plans. This not only eliminates the account transfer fee, it puts a $200 credit on our lines. AWESOME. This is why I love T-Mobile. If you think AT&Fee would ever do that, lol @ you.

So she's finishing up the transfer and getting the z10 ready with a new SIM and SO decides to get a Z10 also. I try warn that you should probably try mine out for a bit because I'm willing to live with a lack of some things you may not. I'm assured it's fine, we purchase 50% of this stores Z10 inventory within the first hour of its launch. We pay full price for the phones because we don't feel like paying it off every month. total is $1100'ish.

The rep, whilst not being very aware of the launch was super awesome. I don't blame them for this sort of thing. I don't know who is to blame, but how can I complain? I got a $200 fee waived as well as a backdated $200 surplus because they prorated our account to the date of the last contract signing.

We now have two z10's on T-Mobile, unlimited everything, no caps, no overages w/ tethering for $120/mo. Good luck finding that anywhere else. It remains to be seen whether or not the z10 will suit my needs, but that's for another thread.
    nquyen, q649, bunky1971 and 3 others like this.
    03-26-13 07:17 PM
    I got mine this morning in Minneapolis. There were only a couple folks in the store. The reps were genuinely excited for it so that was a surprise. I agree with Katie. TMO is great for customer service. I got a great deal on a new plan. The phone is reasonably priced and I completely love it so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:26 PM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    great to see the positive experiences . much more impressive than AT&T …. enjoy your Z10! .. Yes, its pretty awesome!!!
    web99 and missing_K-W like this.
    03-26-13 07:47 PM
    Much more impressive than the att launch indeed. Though my att store I went to (ik, off topic) the usual guy who's there was extremely excited for the z10 (mind you this store pushed android device HARD) and even referenced using the z10 as to how iron man moves things around on his computer. He also mentioned he had been doing blackberry transfers of data all day

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    scelop likes this.
    03-26-13 10:00 PM
    After work I went to the Boca Park store in Summerlin, on the west side of Vegas. The store was quiet and there were only a handful of customers in the store. I listened to a couple of conversations, but no mention of anyone wanting a Z10. The BB promo video was playing on a screen in the back. No banners or signage of any kind for BB besides that. There were two big tables for the Galaxy SIII and Note 2. A lady came in to say she bought her new Droid (don't know what model) the night before and it already locked up on her. I would've taken her aside to tell her about the Z10, but I was too busy playing with the display model. It was right next to a dummy unit of the Windows Phone.

I was able to play with the device for about 20-30 minutes or so while the rep I usually deal with helped another customer. It took me a bit to realize I had to swipe up to get out of the browser to the home screen, despite countless Z10 videos I've seen. Once I figured that out, I took a look at what CB looked like, watched a YouTube video (nice crystal-clear quality), checked out BB World, and sent a text to my Curve using the predictive keyboard. I was surprised the screen was bigger than I thought it would be, but it was just the right size. It was mounted to the display, so I couldn't pick it up, but needless to say, I was very impressed with all of it.

Once the rep was free he told me because of my credit I'd have to pay more than $99. I didn't have the funds available to get one right then and there, so I was disappointed. However, I said I'd be back next payday to get one. He said once I was ready he'd put one aside for me. He just found out this morning before they opened that corporate sent the store an email authorizing them to start selling the phone and the reps had no idea. They thought it would be released tomorrow. They only got seven in stock and only sold one so far. I asked him if they expected to sell out this week and he said he didn't know. He said they would be getting a fresh supply every week, so it should be available in a couple of weeks when I return.

The rep was very friendly and helpful and didn't try to steer me toward another phone. He never talked negatively about BB like other reps I've dealt with in the past. I'll definitely be back in a couple of weeks. I only wish more people knew about this innovative phone from the new and improved BB. I can't wait to show it off to everyone I know!

T-Mobile Z10 Launch today - What was your in store experience?-5557_150798188420295_28596288_n.jpg

T-Mobile Z10 Launch today - What was your in store experience?-5958_150798131753634_1095220007_n.jpg

T-Mobile Z10 Launch today - What was your in store experience?-392918_150798165086964_2113086535_n.jpg

T-Mobile Z10 Launch today - What was your in store experience?-392679_150797878420326_1099337236_n.jpg

T-Mobile Z10 Launch today - What was your in store experience?-269392_150797928420321_481751319_n.jpg

T-Mobile Z10 Launch today - What was your in store experience?-535840_150798001753647_860544128_n.jpg

T-Mobile Z10 Launch today - What was your in store experience?-484886_150798045086976_635178755_n.jpg
    Zarpan, fedakd, q649 and 1 others like this.
    03-26-13 10:34 PM
    Hello everyone,

I made a quick stop at lunch to see if they had any Z10s in stock. They said yes , but they didn't have time to try them out. I said that was fine and that I would come back after work.

When I did they sales clerk met me at the door and said they were glad I came back because they only had one Z10 and we're worried someone else would buy it.

Lucky for me they didn't and after a short time I had my brand new Z10 and was on my way.

The clerk was pleasant but not really familiar with the product. They did have a small display including a monitor with ads.

I'm happy so far.

KAM

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    03-26-13 10:46 PM
    Great day for me here in Michigan metro detroit area! Tmoble was on point Great service even Greater experience changing from my 9780 to the Z10! what a great phone bottom line!thanks to you guys here at Crackberry i was showing the guys at Tmoble how to use the Z10!lol!BBRRYISBAC!
    03-26-13 10:57 PM
    Apparently in order to get the 530 pricepoint, you still have to sign up for a plan with them. I'm pretty disappointed because I was waiting for so long for this Tmo launch and it's been such a letdown and a waste of time, not what I had in mind at all.

In conclusion, Tmobile would not sell me the z10.
    No, in conclusion you chose not to get a plan. Tmobile isn't doing contracts, but you still have to sign up for a service plan of some sort. That's the business they're in, not cash and carry. It makes perfect sense that a carrier store would favor their actual subscribers, especially now that those subscribers are not locked in by contracts. When your customers are no longer captive, customer service has even higher priority, because they can easily walk. During a new product launch, you don't want to disappoint your subscribers, or lose potential new subscribers, by running out of product selling to non-subscribers.

A plan with Tmobile is no longer a contract, so you can also get out of it without too much trouble.

Note: The $532 list price plus 7% tax comes to about $570, which may be what you saw in the system. I don't know what the sales tax is where you are.
    03-27-13 07:05 AM
43 12