I have a T-Mobile Curve that I absolutely love. I connect to WiFi for the internet at home no problem. I have my own router as the Curve is a recent addition to the family. I do not pay for any extra @Home whatever that T-Mobile offers.

My problem is that if my phone rings and I'm home and I try to pick up the call, the quality is absolute crap. It sounds like the phone is trying to switch between services or something. It breaks up and I can barely hear the person calling and they can barely hear me.

In my house, when I'm not on the phone, I have several bars showing, so, I should have good reception. Could it be the phone trying to switch between the regular cellular usage and my WiFI? That's the only thing I can figure. Our old crappy Nextel phones work just fine.

I know I should note what it says next to the bars to determine what type of service the phone is trying to use, but, I'm at work and not at home right now and I can't remember. All I know is that I'm getting more and more annoyed. As of the end of this month we're letting our home landline go, and my Blackberry is my primary phone.

Any ideas as to how I can make the phone "behave" would be appreciated.
    04-24-08 01:21 PM
    I suggest making sure your router has the latest firmware...

Check the manufacturers website...
    04-24-08 02:27 PM
    I cannot connect to my di link di- 614 router Failer code w010 any Ideas
    Please e-mail me brianncorreia@aol.com since my Blackberry e-mail has no reception at this location.
    Appreciate the help.
    04-25-08 10:31 PM
    I just added to my plan the T-mobile HotSpot@Home Talk Forever Mobile Add-on ($9.99). Does this only work when i'm @ home or any place i can connect to a wi-fi network? Like if i stay in a hotel with free wireless internet, can i make free calls with my curve 8320?
    05-01-08 12:59 AM
    I just added to my plan the T-mobile HotSpot@Home Talk Forever Mobile Add-on ($9.99). Does this only work when i'm @ home or any place i can connect to a wi-fi network? Like if i stay in a hotel with free wireless internet, can i make free calls with my curve 8320?
    yes, i do it all the time. @ work, home, any wifi spot i can connect to
    05-01-08 01:04 AM
    Thanks!!! cause i just lowered my plan, & i'm gonna take advantage of wi-fi calling. I already have a few locations saved on my curve.
    05-01-08 01:11 AM
    That's exactly what I do, save every location I tend to frequent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 01:33 AM
    JiWire Wi-Fi Finder and Hotspot Directory

I came across this Wifi location listing service the other day.

Do a search for Hotspots in your area. Hotels, Coffee Shops and Lounges make up the bulk of the listings, but there are provisions for entering your own updates.
    05-01-08 10:32 AM
    yes, i do it all the time. @ work, home, any wifi spot i can connect to
    Really free calling over any wifi? I thought it had to be a t-mobile hot spot for free calls??

One concern I have with this add on is being charged extra data. I have BB unlimited data & talk forever mobile hotspot@home. I am able to get opera mini to work just fine but am scared reading other posts where people get charged data for using OM. Is there a data limit with HS@H? I guess I'll find out about the data stuff when my first bill comes...
    Last edited by perkyaim99; 05-02-08 at 08:11 PM.
    05-02-08 08:08 PM
    Really free calling over any wifi? I thought it had to be a t-mobile hot spot for free calls??

One concern I have with this add on is being charged extra data. I have BB unlimited data & talk forever mobile hotspot@home. I am able to get opera mini to work just fine but am scared reading other posts where people get charged data for using OM. Is there a data limit with HS@H? I guess I'll find out about the data stuff when my first bill comes...
    That is great thing about an Unlimited Plan. You can use all the data you want, all the carrier has to do is monitor your signal strength. Costs them pennies a month.
    05-03-08 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";