Will a T-Mobile SIM card work in a Roger's BB 9000?
    02-05-10 12:30 PM
    If the Roger's Bold is unlocked then yes.
    02-05-10 12:48 PM
    what is the process to get the Bold unlocked?
    02-05-10 12:50 PM
    This was a question I was asking last weekend when I purchased a Tmobile sim card for my Rogers BB.
    I want to be able to use my BB when I travel to the US without racking up LD charges and .75 cents per message sent or received.
    The CS guy told me that I can either go to a Tmobile store when I'm in the US or call Tmobile and they will activate the sim and give me a phone number along with the purchase of minutes. So my Rogers BB becomes a pay-as-you-go Tmobile while in the US.
    02-05-10 12:55 PM
    what is the process to get the Bold unlocked?
    I took mine to a local cell phone shop that had a sign on the window that said 'cell phone unlocking'. They charged me $30 to do it.
    02-05-10 12:57 PM
    Once the phone has been unlocked - I assume you can put any SIM card in it? Is it then possible to get it locked again?
    02-05-10 12:58 PM
    Once the phone has been unlocked - I assume you can put any SIM card in it? Is it then possible to get it locked again?
    Yes any sim card will work in it as long as the sim card you are putting in it is active with the service provider of the sim card.
    I'm not sure if you can get it locked again.
    There would be no reason to get it locked again at least I wouldn't think.
    One thing the guy did tell me though that unlocking it might void the warranty. I took a chance because I needed mine unlocked.
    02-05-10 01:02 PM
    Yes any sim card will work in it as long as the sim card you are putting in it is active with the service provider of the sim card.
    I'm not sure if you can get it locked again.
    There would be no reason to get it locked again at least I wouldn't think.
    One thing the guy did tell me though that unlocking it might void the warranty. I took a chance because I needed mine unlocked.
    You can get it done much cheaper than the 30$ at the shop. Check redflagdeals.com forums, just do a search for unlocking blackberry. There were a few sites offering the codes for 5$ or 10$ and all you need to do is enter that into the BB. They usually just email you the code within an hour of payment too.
    02-05-10 05:39 PM
    $30 no kidding... Toooooo expensive... I unlocked mine for half that price
    02-05-10 11:29 PM
    mosty carriers give you the unlock code for free. rogers, i believe, doesnt give it out. and once unlocked, it cant be re-locked.
    02-05-10 11:36 PM
    Will a T-Mobile SIM card work in a Roger's BB 9000?
    Yes as long as the device gets unlocked you will be able to use it on T-Mobile's network.
    02-06-10 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD