Mobile operators' reps are nothing but a bunch of monkeys, as far as my experience goes.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:40 PM
    I guess you haven't been paying attention.

T-Mobile is widely regarded as the most pro-BlackBerry carrier. Overall, there have been far more positive stories about T-Mo and their attitude towards BB than any other carrier. They also pushed the OS updates faster than any other carrier.

Also, T-Mo just had a monster quarter, with a large amount of growth, and just turned on a ton of LTE, backed up in most markets with very fast HSPA+ (21 and 42). And their "Uncarrier" contract-free programs are being extremely well-received. Did I mention they just bought MetroPCS and are not only adding all those customers, but also picked up a ton of LTE spectrum as part of the deal? T-Mo will be ahead of Sprint soon and will be gaining ground on the two big boys. They took their AT&T merger dollars and have made fantastic investments for their future. 2 years ago, they were in big trouble. Today? They are doing much better than anyone imagined was possible.
    I was in T mobile store today asking if the Z10 pricing would be dropping soon and I was told that the Z10 is a "Piece of Crap and I wouldn't want it". I said I had it already and love it and then they said how they sold 6 and all 6 were returned. This is to a customer wanting to possibly buy one! The company may be hoping they do well, the sales monkeys are not on the same page!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:48 PM
    Maybe he meant he didn't think t mobile would be around much longer.
    Well, unlike BBRY, T-Mobile's revenue and userbase is growing:

T-Mobile gains 1.1 million customers in Q2 2013, ups revenue 20 percent to $6.3 billion
    08-11-13 07:51 PM
    I was in T mobile store today asking if the Z10 pricing would be dropping soon and I was told that the Z10 is a "Piece of Crap and I wouldn't want it". I said I had it already and love it and then they said how they sold 6 and all 6 were returned. This is to a customer wanting to possibly buy one! The company may be hoping they do well, the sales monkeys are not on the same page!
    So, you have a problem with them being honest with you?
    08-11-13 08:06 PM
    You know, whenever I want to know the fate of a multi-billion dollar corporation the very first advice I seek out is that of some person not bright enough to gain employment somewhere other than a mall kiosk.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-11-13 08:12 PM
    If I go to a car dealership that sales multiple makes of cars and say I want to look at make X model Y I doubt I'm going to hear that it is a crap car and I shouldn't buy it. I expect a phone sales monkey to show the same level of maturity.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:48 PM
    Wow love the ignorant comments in these threads regarding working people. Get off your ******* high horses. They have an opinion you don't like so what? Don't buy from them why the need to insult.

From a guy not in phone sales but tired of people disrespecting front line retail staff in general.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:47 PM
    Sometimes I found that reps just sell what they like and are familiar with, not what the customer needs; which can be a reason that BB10 devices are not selling well...
    Last edited by jcordova2819; 08-11-13 at 11:26 PM.
    08-11-13 11:13 PM
    Yup. I would bet $1000 I couldn't find one rep in any store within a 50 mile radius of me that could tell me what network protocols are a part of the 2G/3G/4G umbrellas. I couldn't get them to tell me who is the CEO of BlackBerry now...maybe not even Apple. And I'll also throw in that I bet I couldn't get any of them to tell me true pros and cons of each OS other than avoid BlackBerry because they are going down and have no apps. As soon as I follow that up with "why's that," the Make It Up As I Go light comes on.

No offense to the few and far between reps that actually do their job.

I interviewed for a rep job at a US carrier for one of their major, successful corporate stores and was apalled that not ONE question either at application point nor in interview, was about cell phones or even about just basics on selling them. I kid you not. Forget the techy stuff. They asked me NOTHING on cell phones!

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-11-13 11:31 PM
    If I go to a car dealership that sales multiple makes of cars and say I want to look at make X model Y I doubt I'm going to hear that it is a crap car and I shouldn't buy it. I expect a phone sales monkey to show the same level of maturity.

Posted via CB10
    Only a terrible salesperson would let you walk away (or drive) with something that was having serious issues with others who bought it without warning you.

I've always been upfront about the good and bad things I saw in products, and it always kept my regulars coming back. Heck, I once sold a playbook by telling someone they didn't want the POS $99 tablet they came in for, based on the returns it had had.
    08-11-13 11:36 PM
    Only a terrible salesperson would let you walk away (or drive) with something that was having serious issues with others who bought it without warning you.

I've always been upfront about the good and bad things I saw in products, and it always kept my regulars coming back. Heck, I once sold a playbook by telling someone they didn't want the POS $99 tablet they came in for, based on the returns it had had.
    Acceptable: "Okay, you want that BlackBerry? Excellent. Well just to make you aware sir/ma'am we have been seeing a lot of returns with that lately for these reasons..." (If you can't give a definitive list of valid reasons related to confirmed issues or back your caution up with actual, specific knowledge of the device, then don't even go there. Shut up and sell the phone.)

Unacceptable: "You don't want BlackBerry, go with XYZ instead."

Severely Unacceptable & I'm gonna enjoy speaking to your manager or corporate and giving my money to an eBay reseller with no strings attached with your stupid carrier if you say something to the effect of: "BlackBerry is a POS." / "BlackBerry is dead." (Right, that's why it is here in a box for me to buy!)

I got some news for these willfully ignorant folks...BlackBerry isn't dead in the USA until I can't get one from Canada.

lnichols likes this.
    08-11-13 11:41 PM
    Acceptable: "Okay, you want that BlackBerry? Excellent. Well just to make you aware sir/ma'am we have been seeing a lot of returns with that lately for these reasons..." (If you can't give a definitive list of valid reasons related to confirmed issues or back your caution up with actual, specific knowledge of the device, then don't even go there. Shut up and sell the phone.)

Unacceptable: "You don't want BlackBerry, go with XYZ instead."

Severely Unacceptable & I'm gonna enjoy speaking to your manager or corporate and giving my money to an eBay reseller with no strings attached with your stupid carrier if you say something to the effect of: "BlackBerry is a POS." / "BlackBerry is dead." (Right, that's why it is here in a box for me to buy!)

I got some news for these willfully ignorant folks...BlackBerry isn't dead in the USA until I can't get one from Canada.

Yes, obviously tact should be used.
    08-11-13 11:53 PM
    Yes, obviously tact should be used.
    Well then I respect you.

But most of the reports on here are of reps just bashing BlackBerry.

08-12-13 12:04 AM
    How is giving an unsubstantiated opinion ("piece of crap") being honest? Honesty would be something like "the BB10 ecosystem is lacking in apps," or "features X, Y, and Z are not available" (when they really are not.) Even the six returns part, if true, is honest. The judgment/opinion is subjective.
    08-12-13 12:21 AM
    How is giving an unsubstantiated opinion ("piece of crap") being honest? Honesty would be something like "the BB10 ecosystem is lacking in apps," or "features X, Y, and Z are not available" (when they really are not.) Even the six returns part, if true, is honest. The judgment/opinion is subjective.
    But I would even be against bringing up returns unless it can be backed up with reasons that relate to confirmed issues.

Otherwise it can just be a way to discourage. After all, all devices experience returns. How do we know the person didn't just take advantage of buyer's remorse and decide BlackBerry 10 wasn't for them as opposed to it being BAD or having ISSUES. I can buy an Android and return it, lol. Doesn't mean it is bad, it means isn't right for me. New customers don't need to be made aware of personal preference returns. Ever.

Also, what if some of those returns are returns period. As in, your coverage sucked, I'm bailing out.

You get the point, folks. Don't bring up returns unless you can put your $ where your mouth is.

08-12-13 12:38 AM
    But I would even be against bringing up returns unless it can be backed up with reasons that relate to confirmed issues.

Otherwise it can just be a way to discourage. After all, all devices experience returns. How do we know the person didn't just take advantage of buyer's remorse and decide BlackBerry 10 wasn't for them as opposed to it being BAD or having ISSUES. I can buy an Android and return it, lol. Doesn't mean it is bad, it means isn't right for me. New customers don't need to be made aware of personal preference returns. Ever.

Also, what if some of those returns are returns period. As in, your coverage sucked, I'm bailing out.

You get the point, folks. Don't bring up returns unless you can put your $ where your mouth is.
    Lol. You expanded quite a bit on what I was going to write before I got too lazy

Anyway, I think we see eye to eye here: a correlation does not necessarily justify the rep's conclusion that the Z10 is a piece of crap. Especially a correlation (returns) where the rep is not laying out the reasons.
    STV0726 likes this.
    08-12-13 01:07 AM
    Lol. You expanded quite a bit on what I was going to write before I got too lazy

Anyway, I think we see eye to eye here: a correlation does not necessarily justify the rep's conclusion that the Z10 is a piece of crap. Especially a correlation (returns) where the rep is not laying out the reasons.
    Haha sorry mate.

I give you +1 and thumbs up.

08-12-13 01:10 AM
    Sales people think goals and bonuses. Generally they will redirect you where they have a better margin.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:57 AM
    And what does a T-Mobile Rep know. **** All.....

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:36 AM
    Wow love the ignorant comments in these threads regarding working people. Get off your ******* high horses. They have an opinion you don't like so what? Don't buy from them why the need to insult.

From a guy not in phone sales but tired of people disrespecting front line retail staff in general.

Posted via CB10
    I have an opinion about them, you don't like it, so what? Perhaps you should abide by your own words! With the level of maturity, professionalism and respect that these reps showed I am showing them an appropriate level of respect in return IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:20 AM
    At what point did they call you or anyone else in this thread a monkey?

At what point did they say you or anyone else in this thread was ignorant?

At what point did they judge you or anyone else based on their job?

People look at others today and make a snap judgement. Its stupid and wrong. At no point did any of these reps personally insult you, so why should you or anyone else in this thread feel the need to do so? Is that an unfair question or are you so high up that you are unquestionable?
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    08-12-13 11:35 AM
    Did they verbally insult me? No. But I was saying I had no issues with traveling with the devices and saying that I loved it they rolled their eyes as they said I was lucky. In the end they are/were highly unprofessional individuals in the way the went about the whole thing.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 06:41 PM
    So the guy in the T-Mobile kiosk. I'm sort of disappointed in myself. I was in Chicago with my wife this weekend. We were coining out of the restaurant where we had dinner looking for a cab back to the hotel and a homeless guy started following us and asking us for money. I gave him a dollar and my wife told him in a robust way to stop following us which he did. But he left before I could ask him what I thought the long term outlook for BlackBerry was. Shame. We could have averaged it with the kiosk guy's opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:40 PM
    I don't think the z10 is a piece of crap...on 10.2 it is a beast....piece of crap on 10.0? yes...agreed

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:26 PM
    So the guy in the T-Mobile kiosk. I'm sort of disappointed in myself. I was in Chicago with my wife this weekend. We were coining out of the restaurant where we had dinner looking for a cab back to the hotel and a homeless guy started following us and asking us for money. I gave him a dollar and my wife told him in a robust way to stop following us which he did. But he left before I could ask him what I thought the long term outlook for BlackBerry was. Shame. We could have averaged it with the kiosk guy's opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Lol clever

08-13-13 02:32 AM
76 1234