I have a question regarding pearl 8100. The pearl automatically opens all my messages........so no matter what when I open messages....I already paid for the message I received before opening it. That's cool and all but I have prepaid. So if someone who has unlimited text decides to send me 100 messages...im paying for all of them no matter what....is there a way to make it so I physically have to open them to see whats inside.

Thanks
    07-01-08 11:37 AM
    anyone have an idea?
    07-01-08 01:03 PM
    I don't really understand what you mean... Are you trying to say that when you receive a text message, then look at your phone, the message is open? If that is what you meant to say, then that is normal. If you don't want it to do that, then don't check your phone right away.
    07-01-08 01:15 PM
    No, I mean...my phone indicates with light when I receive a message...I go into messages........and its already viewable....it shows what the message says....automatically give me look at what it says.

Im wondering if there is an option to make it so when I go to messages I can look who its from and decide if I want to view what it says.
    07-01-08 01:43 PM
    You mean it looks like this?

You can't change how that looks. Besides, it already shows you the who the sender is. If this isn't what you mean, then you really need to describe better what it is you are talking about.
    07-01-08 05:42 PM
    thats exactly what I'm talking about. When I open messages it shows who its from, the time, and their message is breif sentence or w/e. So basically when I open my messages I have already paid for these messages that were sent to me. I dont have the chance if I want to pay to open the message or just delete it and never look at it. For prepaid...you pay like however many cents for opening a message. My phone automatically opens it....

So basically I pay for it before I open messages....and I see briefly what message contains.

I'm wondering if there is a way to make it look like this....

12:00 Am Samantha "BLANK"...so I have opportunity to select it and view it.

Is there a way to do this, or will I just have to pay for every msg sent to me
    07-02-08 09:53 AM
    As far as I know, as soon as your device receives a text messags, you are charged. I don't think it works the way you are want it to. The screen I showed you, is the normal behavior of the messages folder.
    07-02-08 09:59 AM
    He is basically saying that he is on pre-paid and has to pay individually for each SMS he receives. He is wondering if there is a way that he can pick which ones he is charged for...

So, he does not want someone with unlimited texting to send him a ton of messages that he will be charged for!

And, I do not think this is possible. You can block all incoming SMS through the Firewall. And you can even block SMS messages and then specify ("Except From") and add the people you want to be able to receive txts from!
    07-02-08 10:03 AM
    pre paid is a rip off anyway especially if you have a smart phone
    get off of it as soon as you can if its a credit problem perhaps you
    have a friend that would let you add a line to their existing account (much cheaper)
    just dont screw em over
    07-02-08 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD