Hello all, can anyone tell me if T-Mobiles Curve has the capability to record video? Does it have the video recorder icon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 06:29 AM
    your OS must be greater than 4.5
    08-01-08 06:38 AM
    I currently have Verizon and have the curve which has the video recording capabilities, my husband wants to upgrade his blackberry to the curve but wants to have the recorder capabilty. Is there an OS greater than 4.5 for T-mobile? I apologize in advance for not having a lot of knowledge about T-mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 06:51 AM
    running 4.5.0.52 on tmo and since the upgraded OS, I have video recorder
    08-01-08 07:15 AM
    For your 8320 to gain video functionality you must install OS 4.5

This is not really recommended for a beginner or the faint of heart, as it can become technically involving. Also, keep in mind that a Beta OS still has minor bugs that are being worked out and all of the kinks have not been fixed yet.
    08-01-08 07:18 AM
    Take it from a beginner (upgraded my curve after 1 week), it's not that difficult, BUT read the various threads on upgrading and be patient it takes a long time and it may even look like everything is frozen, but the update is still plugging away.

It's worth it for the HTML email. As for the video recording, you'll need to get a memory card. Getting mine this weekend.
    08-01-08 07:41 AM
    Take it from a beginner (upgraded my curve after 1 week), it's not that difficult, BUT read the various threads on upgrading and be patient it takes a long time and it may even look like everything is frozen, but the update is still plugging away.

It's worth it for the HTML email. As for the video recording, you'll need to get a memory card. Getting mine this weekend.
    Anyone can say it is not that difficult!!

But, this all depends highly on the person's technically ability and understanding of the process! *sigh*

I usually tell people that upgrading is not recommended because it discourages them from upgrading before they gain the understanding needed. Granted, if someone wants to upgrade... they will either way. But some people actually take the advice and browse the forums and learn more about their device before loading a new OS! On top of that, the OS 4.5 releases are Beta device softwares! These are not the best fit for everyone and can have different bugs. One install may be perfectly fine (such as yours) and one may be a total bomb that ends in a disaster!

The reason I recommend not upgrading to a Beta is for these reasons! The process in itself is not extremely hard, but it can bring unexpected bugs and errors and problems! (resulting in a p*ssed off person who needs help)

Either way, check out the tutorial I refer all members to when they decide to upgrade. "Proper Upgrade / Downgrade Procedure"

The link is in my signature!! I recommend doing what you feel most comfortable with You can always roll back if you really need to...
    08-01-08 07:51 AM
    Perhaps I have over simplified and I'm just lucky. I thought the Orange 4.5 upgrade was no longer beta. If not, that's my mistake. I know you and others have much more experience in this sort of thing on the BB (and I have some on other devices), but I was suprised that it was not difficult to do.

I think in emphazing reading the tutorials I should have listed or linked the ones that would be benficial in an OS upgrade undertaking. I'll be more cautious in the future.
    08-01-08 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD