I just got my T-Mobile BB 8320 yesterday but I can not use Rogers Data plan. Edge symbol is in lower case not the upper case. Does anybody encounter same problem before?

I'm thinking to down OS from Rogers and upload to my BB
    04-23-09 03:11 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

There are no difference in the OS packages, that will not solve your problem.

I also have a T-Mobile Curve and there is no problem using it with my Rogers SIM card.

Is your device unlocked? That is a pre-requirement for using another carriers SIM card.

04-23-09 03:14 PM
    Since you say your edge symbol is in lower case, I'm assuming the phone is unlocked right now and you're able to make voice calls. What phone was in the SIM card before? And are you positively sure that Rogers has your BB plan activated? I'd call and find out.
    04-23-09 03:20 PM
    edge: You can use the phone and send and receive SMS text messages. ...
    Good catch, we can be confidant it is unlocked and the phone is working.

The next thing to check is your Rogers plan. In order for EDGE to go active, you will need to add BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). Customer Service can verify that for you and resend the service books if needed.
    04-23-09 03:29 PM
    Good point. I will give Rogers a call for BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS).

By the way, does anybody encounter W006.1 error using WIFI. The forum suggested that i should open port 500/4500 but it still doesn't work.
    04-23-09 03:34 PM
    View Document

W006.1 - ISP network error.

W006.2 - ISP network error.

W006.3 - ISP network error.
    The BlackBerry smartphone cannot connect to the UMA service using a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet.
    You will not be able to make a UMA connection, even after you have activated a BIS account.

Only a Rogers branded phone will connect successfully. There are computers working in the background to make UMA work, and yours is registered to T-Mobile, you can't reach it through Rogers.
    04-23-09 07:31 PM
    "You will not be able to make a UMA connection, even after you have activated a BIS account.

Only a Rogers branded phone will connect successfully. There are computers working in the background to make UMA work, and yours is registered to T-Mobile, you can't reach it through Rogers. "

This isn't so Reed. I have been 3 days reading different forums all over the Web and have been successfull just today. There are many Forums that discuss the subject, but none I found that gives you step to step instructions. This is what I did.

1) The first thing you will need is the ca.rogers.com(der) file. This the key to everything. I was able to get mine from my Torch via Options-Security-Advanced Security Settings-Certificates-Find ca.rogers.com - Hit the BB Button -Then you will have the option to send Via E-Mail or Via Pin. I emailed them to myself on my home computer. Once on computer, right click and install certificate. The wizzard will take you through the rest.
    2) The next step was to find a version of Desktop Manager that allows the Custom Installation Option. Choose Custom and make sure you select the Syncronize Certificate Option.
    3) Start up Desktop Manager - Choose Synchronize Certificate Option - Find the ca.rogers.com file and Sync it to your phone.
    4) The next step was to find a Code Generator that would allow access to the Blackberry E - Screen. That was a big challenge. It wouldn't let me post the link but Google zibri.org
    5) The next step was to get into the Blackberry help screen by hitting Alt-Control-H. Generate a code by inputting required information from Website mentioned in step 4. Input code once in help screen. Note you will not see any keys when you input code. If successfull you will now be in the Engineering Screen.
    6) From there, follow these instructions:
    Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    Utilities
    Session Manager
    BLACKBERRY BUTTON
    UMA Options
    BLACKBERRY BUTTON
    New

Display Name = Factory Provisioning
    Operator Name = Rogers
    UMA Protocol 3GPP rev. 6
    UNCHECK default....
    Provisioning Address = hbsc.uma.rogers.com
    Port 14001
    UNCHECK Default...
    SEGW Address = segw.uma.rogers.com

SEGW certificate = ca.rogers.com

SAVE IT

When you exit out if you have a Wi-Fi Connection, you should now have UMA on your Rogers Network. A battery pull may be necessary.

I hope this helps anyone who wants to get this up and running.

This thread should probably be moved to the Curve 83XX Section
    Last edited by dalej88; 07-14-11 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Suggestion To Mods
    07-14-11 12:51 PM
    So, it's a torch that you have unlocked but didn't activated anything for it? or did you used BB before and you got the data plan?

If you have the Data plan for your Rogers sim activated then you need to update service book and get the BIS data (if you don't have it).

Try to call rogers and ask them about it.
    07-16-11 12:47 AM
    So, it's a torch that you have unlocked but didn't activated anything for it? or did you used BB before and you got the data plan?

If you have the Data plan for your Rogers sim activated then you need to update service book and get the BIS data (if you don't have it).

Try to call rogers and ask them about it.
    No it was a Curve 8320. I got the file from my Torch.
    07-17-11 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD