I am a US-based T-Mobile subscriber, with a Blackberry 8800. I have no trouble accessing GPS features while at home. However, I have taken my device to both Europe (France, Spain and Italy) as well as Canada (Montreal). In any of these places I simply don't seem to get GPS services. I try BB Maps, Google Maps and Yahoo! Maps.

Should I be receiving GPS services when roaming? By the way, when roaming in any of the above countries, my Internet services work, as does the connection to my Blackberry Server.
    12-01-07 01:15 PM
    I see no reason why you should not expect GPS on your T-Mobile 8800 to work when roaming abroad. I'm not with T-Mobile, but I've taken my 8800 around Europe, and have never had problems.

Just be wary using Google Maps abroad, it's always so tempting to generate multiple satellite views etc - that makes for big charges when used outside your home country. This application just eats data, you can practically visualize your wallet emptying!

Did you receive an error message, or was your location just never found?

For next time, (if you are so fortunate to return!) It would be worth trying to "Refresh your GPS"

Tools > Options > Advanced Options > GPS > click enter > "Refresh GPS"
    12-01-07 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD