Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,153 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default T-MO USA customers able to roam over AT&T now?

Hello all,

I did read something regarding this in the Press release of the Detush Telecom TMo that Tmobile USA can roam on AT&T now?

If that is right, does this mean that when I travel to the US at anytime I can get a 50$ Tmo prepaid plan with 10$ BIS adds on then roam over AT&T 3G using my International GSM device? Also will it cost anything more?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,007 Global Posts
    PIN
    You say potato, I say vodka.

A Long, LONG, LOOONG time ago, when I had my Sidekick 3, I was traveling west through the US.

At certain points while traveling through PA, and OH the signal would bounce from Tmo- to "X"- to ATT, and vice versa.

So this has been the case for a while, not a result of the merger thing that was nixxed.

To answer your question about the prepaid card, I have no clue sadly.
    "The Philosopher has never killed any Priests, whereas the Priest has killed a great many Philosophers."
    -Denis Diderot
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,153 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

So I can get a Tmo line and just hook on AT&T or that is only allowed within Tmo Black spots where there is no coverage at all.

Also the 50$ plan gives everything unlimited, will I get the same over AT&T if I own a Tmo US SIM?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ac35f30

Quote Originally Posted by M.Rizk View Post
    Hello all,

I did read something regarding this in the Press release of the Detush Telecom TMo that Tmobile USA can roam on AT&T now?

If that is right, does this mean that when I travel to the US at anytime I can get a 50$ Tmo prepaid plan with 10$ BIS adds on then roam over AT&T 3G using my International GSM device? Also will it cost anything more?
    It's unclear at this time exactly what the terms will be, but yes, we'll be able to use ATT 3g/4g network nationwide once the agreement is settled and applied. Quite excited about this! Shouldn't cost a dime more.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ac35f30

So I can get a Tmo line and just hook on AT&T or that is only allowed within Tmo Black spots where there is no coverage at all.

Also the 50$ plan gives everything unlimited, will I get the same over AT&T if I own a Tmo US SIM?
    So sorry - didn't realize you were talking about the $50 PREPAID/Monthly 4g plan...my mind went to the Value plan. anyway, THAT really remains unclear, of course it JUST happened yesterday, so we don't know much yet, but I will be curious to see if the prepaid footprint will also be expanded. Stay tuned, I guess. :/
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,153 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by robluck82 View Post
    It's unclear at this time exactly what the terms will be, but yes, we'll be able to use ATT 3g/4g network nationwide once the agreement is settled and applied. Quite excited about this! Shouldn't cost a dime more.
    That should be awesome! Get a 50$ plan from Tmo on Prepaid and abuse the BIS Data Connection over AT&T Muhahahaha (Sorry for the kiddy laugh but so excited to abuse At&t on my next flight to the US!!!!!!)
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,007 Global Posts
    PIN
    You say potato, I say vodka.

I believe it will only work in Tmobile Deadzones, that have available signal in ATT areas, that happen to have agreements with Tmobile.

Does that make sense?

Back in the day when I had Tmobile, if I would get an "X" Att wouldn't pop up, unless it was a specific zone.

Quote Originally Posted by robluck82 View Post
    The agreement has been terminated.

It is not happening.

AT&T's Doomed T-Mobile Bid Is Dead

T-Mobile Posts COO Statement Regarding End Of AT&T Talks And The Future
    "The Philosopher has never killed any Priests, whereas the Priest has killed a great many Philosophers."
    -Denis Diderot
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ac35f30

@xxxxpradaxxxx

Sorry - I should be more clear...by "agreement" in this context I meant the agreement to give spectrum and share per the terms of the merger failing.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,153 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxpradaxxxx View Post
    Hate this.. Won't be paying 50$ plan + 10$ for BIS for just using it over EDGE .. My carrier deserves me paying Roaming fees better at least I get rewarding points which I can exchange later for discounts, free minutes, sms or Data
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,153 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

PC World: AT&T will give T-Mobile blocks of AWS (Advanced Wireless Services) spectrum in 128 Cellular Market Areas, including 12 of the 20 largest in the U.S., Deutsche Telekom said. The carrier will gain spectrum in San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Washington, Los Angeles, Dallas, Seattle, and other metropolitan areas, which should help it to serve more subscribers with higher speeds.