I'll give him my Playbook as a parting gift.... Let him choke on it.
    11-05-13 01:46 PM
    He has to have his transition period and they have to cut him his FAT check b4 he leaves
    11-05-13 02:22 PM
    Yes.. but he's also rich now
    11-05-13 02:50 PM
    Well, this is a little unfair to place all the blame at TH's feet since the lack of vision by Mike and Jim in recognising the impact of Apple and Android to the smartphone industry, coupled with the dilution of resources to build the PlayBook instead of getting out BB10 on time are the main reasons BlackBerry is where it is.
    The problem with Thor is that the BB10 OS and devices are pretty good, but he made some key strategic decisions after Jim and Mike were outsted that, in hindsight, were erroneous. Why haven't tens of millions of BBOS users upgraded to BB10? There are many reasons why, but if Thor's mandate was to make a success out of BB10, he failed and you can only blame him for that. He chose "profit margin" over "OS Market Share" as if the notion of "lower profits to gain market share" is a concept he'd never heard of. He could have lobbied the BoD to put out the Q5 at a more aggressive price point. He could have lobbied the BoD to direct the OS development team to make BB10 behave more like BBOS in fundamental ways so transitioning from BBOS to BB10 would be effortless for BBOS users and drive BB10 platform adoption at the expense of BBOS... but he decided to instead go for a totally new (unfamiliar) OS experience and decided to price the devices out of the affordability range for the bulk of BBOS users... and here we are.
    h20work, BGRS, potatoguy and 3 others like this.
    11-05-13 02:51 PM
    Maybe Kevin should hire him to come work on Crackberry.
    PK has been looking for Ambassadors...
    h20work likes this.
    11-05-13 02:53 PM
    ...so that studens could learn what exactly not to do as a CEO or else they may destroy otherwise very good company.
    There is no evidence of this

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 05:33 PM
    I'll give him my Playbook as a parting gift.... Let him choke on it.
    Loooooool woah. Calm down sir. Deep breaths. Deep breaths, in.... and out....

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 05:35 PM
    Who cares? I just hope he takes the marketing guy with him.

BlackBerry Z...my weapon of choice.
    potatoguy and cman5 like this.
    11-05-13 05:41 PM
    Most likely he will leave BlackBerry. You don't ever want to demote a CEO, it confuses people and undermines the new CEOs position.

Posted via my Z10
    Tell that the the yahoo board when they made jerry yang from ceo to chief yahoo
    11-05-13 06:12 PM
    Who cares? I just hope he takes the marketing guy with him.

BlackBerry Z...my weapon of choice.
    What? There was a marketing guy?

Is T. Heins unemployed now?-roflmaoslower260x135.gif
    cman5, h20work, potatoguy and 2 others like this.
    11-06-13 11:52 AM
    I saw him at the unemployment office !

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 11:59 AM
    What? There was a marketing guy?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roflmaoslower260x135.gif 
Views:	205 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	217918
    Funny as hell
    11-06-13 12:16 PM
    I wonder what phone he uses personally, and if it's a BB will he get a new phone when he leaves.
    11-06-13 12:20 PM
    That makes sense. I was just wondering, as I am in the public sector.

Posted via CB10
    Where at least 25% of the staff could be terminated and the public wouldn't notice.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Mack Gans likes this.
    11-06-13 02:23 PM
    The problem with Thor is that the BB10 OS and devices are pretty good, but he made some key strategic decisions after Jim and Mike were outsted that, in hindsight, were erroneous. Why haven't tens of millions of BBOS users upgraded to BB10? There are many reasons why, but if Thor's mandate was to make a success out of BB10, he failed and you can only blame him for that. He chose "profit margin" over "OS Market Share" as if the notion of "lower profits to gain market share" is a concept he'd never heard of. He could have lobbied the BoD to put out the Q5 at a more aggressive price point. He could have lobbied the BoD to direct the OS development team to make BB10 behave more like BBOS in fundamental ways so transitioning from BBOS to BB10 would be effortless for BBOS users and drive BB10 platform adoption at the expense of BBOS... but he decided to instead go for a totally new (unfamiliar) OS experience and decided to price the devices out of the affordability range for the bulk of BBOS users... and here we are.
    Good, quick overview of Thors shortcomings.

Well, this is a little unfair to place all the blame at TH's feet since the lack of vision by Mike and Jim [was inherited by Thors]. You can lay at his feet the decision to release the Z before the Q, the very poor marketing, and the botched roll-out of all the BB10 products..

But I can't believe that we are having this discussion again. Didn't we have this discussion back in May and June and July and August and September. After a few flim-flam posts (maybe from BB staff), logic finally prevailed. You take the job, you take the responsibility....or you don't take the job. This is not a volunteer coach of a neighborhood soccer or baseball team nor even a leadership position paid totally by share performance. The guy, in fact, was compensated and he didn't perform... Get him out of there. (Don't worry, he has a mighty war chest and is not going to end up on the street.)

As for the silly question about whether Thors is working. Of course not, he was paid a handsome sum in order to assure legal preclusion from removal to a competitor all of Blackberry's secrets to success.
    11-06-13 02:52 PM
    Heins in only as unemployed as he wants to be. He can get a gig any time at a multitude of business schools throughout the world who would be glad to have him.
    As one of the "before and after" examples of what NOT to do with business? "How does one get $2bn in the bank, Mr Heins? Start with $4bn and work from there!!" lol.
    11-06-13 08:04 PM
    Well, he has 22 million reasons to travel. Cut the check and he's ghost.
    11-06-13 08:53 PM
42 12