I am an educator. The district I work for uses First Class - Centrinity as our communications system. As they currently only have a mobile client for Palm, I am using what Centrinity refers to as IMAP Idle (Push E-mail) or Blackberry-like email. I've contacted Centrinity for an alternate solution. Their comment was that my BB should be able to set up as an IMAP. Since it does not, I am assuming our administrators have restricted IMAP connections, but am still looking for that answer.

Handling email this way is acceptable for me, but I am unable to sync contacts and my school calendar with my BB. Is anyone familiar with First Class? Is there a third party program (Sun, Open Source) that is similar to SyncML that would work on my BB 8330?
    02-01-09 11:17 AM
    You can try Funambol. Go to my.funambol.com.
    02-01-09 10:10 PM
    We have been trying to get SyncJe to work with it and I am not having much success. FirstClass is recommending a product called Astrasync. They say that it is very stable. However, it costs $49 per year/user. I would love to find a free product but have not been able to as of yet.
    02-11-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD