Hi - I just got a Blackberry Flip 2 days ago and love it! I am having a few issues, though, and hope someone can help me.

1. I have a macbook osx. The user tool cd that came with the phone did not load, so i downloaded pocketmac. I still can't get the cd to load.

2. When I try to sync my itunes and photos from my computer, I get the message "no media card present". Do I need to buy a separate media card for that?

3 This question is about ringtones. I want a certain ringtone from my preloads for message alerts. It's identified as ICQ receive. When I go into profiles, then advanced, then sms and the list of preloads pop up, that particular tone isn't listed. How do I access that for my message alert?

Thanks in advance for any help - I'm so grateful to come across this site.
    11-20-08 10:36 AM
    Hey there. I don't really have an answer to your questions, but try looking around in one of the Mac board in the forum 'Mac Users' or reposting your question there. They are full of people that can probably help you out!
    11-27-08 01:04 AM
    Hi - I just got a Blackberry Flip 2 days ago and love it! I am having a few issues, though, and hope someone can help me.

1. I have a macbook osx. The user tool cd that came with the phone did not load, so i downloaded pocketmac. I still can't get the cd to load.

2. When I try to sync my itunes and photos from my computer, I get the message "no media card present". Do I need to buy a separate media card for that?

3 This question is about ringtones. I want a certain ringtone from my preloads for message alerts. It's identified as ICQ receive. When I go into profiles, then advanced, then sms and the list of preloads pop up, that particular tone isn't listed. How do I access that for my message alert?

I currently use a mac as well for my storm... I don't think you even need software installed to get it to recognize the phone as a Drive which seems like the main thing you want to do.

I haven't messed with a flip yet but what I am going to assume is happening is that mas storage mode is not enabled on the device. Allow for mas storage and it should get recognized on your mac as 2 drives 1 for the device itself and 1 for the memory card.

Another note if your interested in syncing I found that the missing sync is pretty much the best you will find for a mac..

There is upcoming releases of mac tools for blackberrys.

missing sync does cost money though.
    11-27-08 01:20 AM

1. The CD only works with Windows OS and will not work on OSX.

2. Yes, you will need to acquire a microSD card. They are available in 1,2, 8, and 16 gigs. You might also find one with 32 gigs in the near future. Depending on your BB OS, you may not be able to use the higher capacity cards. There is a door on the side of the BB device that opens to insert the card.

3. Some of the preloads are specific to the task, and some of the ones for rings are not available for alerts, etc. I don't think you can change those defaults.
    11-27-08 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD