It seems to me that common everyday operations should not be a frustrating, complicated, ordeal. I could hot-sync my palm-pilot easily, I could also easily sync my palm-pilot with yahoo.

The blackberry seems to be a huge step backwards. I have been fighting with this POS for a week, and I still can not get it to sync my contacts. I am using OWA, it used to sync my contacts, then it just stopped, no idea why. I have tried to import contacts from my desktop Outlook, but that won't work either.

Why can't I just import contacts? Why is this so insanely difficult?
    07-02-08 07:18 AM
    Not sure - I synch twice a day via bluetooth, to keep my tasks, calendar and contacts up to date. Desktop manager loads and the process is automatic. I haven't experienced an issue...
    07-02-08 07:40 AM
    You probably have already, but have you done a battery pull yet? What is your Free File memory? Have you changed the theme or installed any apps since the last time you were able to sync?
    07-02-08 08:02 AM
    Syncing is not that difficult. I sync once a day takes less than a 1min to do so. Do a battery pull as suggested above and also check your settings on your applications. If none of that works, backup your info do a wipe and then restore.
    07-02-08 09:45 AM
    It seems to me that common everyday operations should not be a frustrating, complicated, ordeal. I could hot-sync my palm-pilot easily, I could also easily sync my palm-pilot with yahoo.

The blackberry seems to be a huge step backwards. I have been fighting with this POS for a week, and I still can not get it to sync my contacts. I am using OWA, it used to sync my contacts, then it just stopped, no idea why. I have tried to import contacts from my desktop Outlook, but that won't work either.

Why can't I just import contacts? Why is this so insanely difficult?
    do a battery pull and check your sync settings (in desktop mgr). its VERY easy to do and has never caused me any issues.
    07-02-08 11:13 AM
    I don't think desktop manager will work for me because I am setup for wireless - i.e. Outlook Web Access. Setting up OWA was difficult, it involved calling verizon and entering all kinds of codes and what-not.

I have not pulled by battery yet because I do not know what else that will effect. Will I lose all of my settings?
    07-02-08 11:35 AM
    No you won't lose your setting.
    Use desktop Manager to sync to your outlook, i don't know any other way to sync. Maybe you should try DM. It's not hard at all.
    07-02-08 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD