i'd like to know if their is a way to snyc contacts w/ Google via bb?

i'v spent and hour searching these forums, w/ to progress so if anyone has any expericence or advice please inform me.

i'm currently looking for a secondary back up incase my laptop gets stupid or stolen.

thanx in advance for the help.
    03-16-08 08:01 PM
    Not that I have seen. But I'll leave the door open to anyone else that may know.
    03-16-08 08:06 PM
    i need a way to sync both calendar (google sync) and a way to sync contact both via ota, so i dont have to rely on outlook.
    03-16-08 08:09 PM
    Google already supplies an app to sync the calendar. Albeit it will only sync new appoints only, so anything you already have on your calendar won't be sync'd.
    03-16-08 08:15 PM
    I don't know about contacts, but you can remotely (wirelessly) sync your calendar data with Google Calendar using Google's free "Google Sync" application, which is part of the Google Mobile Suite for BlackBerry devices...

You can download it OTA (over-the-air; wirelessly, without a computer) from (using your BlackBerry's built-in Internet browser):
    * http:// mobile . google . com
    * Mobile

The Google Mobile Suite also let's you browse all of their software available for BlackBerry devices, as well as download, remove and update them automatically... All from the one application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-08 08:18 PM
    By the way, as I understand it, Google have "future plans" to allow Google Sync to synchronize contact/address book information on various devices with their free Web-based services, though I have not heard any specific dates, only that it is definately coming in a future update...

The closest thing I have heard to a specific date is that this functionality is likely to become available mid-late 2008, though as you can see, this is pretty vague.

03-16-08 08:24 PM
    so what about yahoo or any other vendor?

wait, what's needed for the blackberry to be able to 2way sync both contacts and calendar via ota.
    03-16-08 08:28 PM
    Right now, the only way to sync OTA is if you are a BES user activated on a BES server. There is not a way for BIS users to sync OTA for both the calendar and contacts.
    03-16-08 08:35 PM
    does anyone have this software by rim called " BlackBerry Unite "?
    03-16-08 09:11 PM
    BB Unite isn't released yet.
    03-16-08 09:13 PM
    BB Unite isn't released yet.
    damn, when will it be.

i'm porting all my systems over to linux this coming weekend except for one desktop. so i need wireless alternatives
    03-16-08 09:18 PM
    Yahoo! Go allows BlackBerry users to sync their contacts/address book data with their Yahoo! account, though seeing as I only use Yahoo! for my forum accounts, I have not tried this personally, and thus cannot comment how good or bad this feature is...

Just head over to Yahoo!'s mobile Internet (WAP) site, select your country (if needed) and follow the links to download Yahoo! Go:
    * http:// wap . yahoo . com
    * http://wap.yahoo.com

03-17-08 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD