I have been trying unsuccessfully to wirelessly synchronize my 8310 Curve with my personal laptop. I have no trouble synching with the cable. Using a RocketFish Bluetooth dongle (USB) I have audio from the BB to the laptop, and I can transfer photos from device to laptop. But in the "Connection Settings" in my BlackBerry Desktop Manager the "Bluetooth Settings" is grayed out. The version of Desktop Manager I'm using is 4.3.0.17

So,
    1) Is it possible to synch wirelessly (without an enterprise activation)?
    2) If so, does one use Bluetooth?
    3) If not, what does one need to do?

Thanks Much!
    02-03-09 01:49 PM
    You will need a bluetooth dongle (mine was 1$ on ebay) and the Microsoft drivers (attached) NOT the third party ones that come with your BT dongle. Extract the zip file and run the app. Make sure you have removed and previously installed bluetooth drivers if you had any. From there you should be able to go into the control panel and set up your device. BTW. you can only perform BU and Restore and Sync operations, no media or software upgrades.
    02-04-09 03:30 PM
    I'm not the guy who asked but my Mini usb port pooped out. Luckily I had this little USB bluetooth dongle that was clanking around in the cable connector box. The third party usb B/T software was not talking with Desktop manager and it gave my desktop fits. This little zip solved the problem and backup is under way Whew! So I should get my remanufactured phone in a couple of days get back in biz.
    02-04-09 07:18 PM
    I didn't even know you could sync you BB via bluetooth?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 07:48 PM
    Thanks, RawRaw, for your prompt reply and suggestions.
    I did download the Microsoft app you attached, and removed all other software associated with the Bluetooth dongle. But when I run the new app, the first window has two choices "Send a file" or "Receive a file" (radio buttons). I select "Send a file." This results in a screen asking where I want to send the file, which is logical. I am allowed only to Browse for the correct location, which is when the problem occurs. The browser finds nothing (which is not logical). The result is simply a loop, going nowhere.

It's possible I'm missing a step, I suppose. So, if you have the time and patience I would gladly try something else.
    Thanks, again.
    CG
    02-06-09 08:20 AM
    This may help:View Document
    02-06-09 09:08 AM
    From my experience synching via BT is GREAT when it works but it can be a real pain to get working and troubleshoot when it stops working!
    02-06-09 10:44 AM
    After searching on this topic for days, I finally found the one method that worked for me (and many others). Delete from your computer any third-party bluetooth software from Broadcomm, Widcomm, etc., and then precisely follow the instructions here:
    oops, can't post the URL.
    So google-->vinsvision Additional Bluetooth Drivers for Microsoft Bluetooth in Windows XP SP2
    and follow result #1.
    Easier than editing your own bth.inf file, and the only thing in the world to have worked for me!!!!
    02-06-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD