I have an issue. Recently made redundant, all the stuff that used to be dione for me by an IT person has ceased.
    So... now i have a new blackberry and a new PC with Microsoft Outlook.
    My email structure is that i have a webmail address (virgin) which then uploads into Outlook. My blackberry is set to look at my virgin address. However i am missing mail becuase outlook drains virgin and seemingly removes mail leaving the periods where blackberry trawls the virgin address only to find nothing there because it has gone over to outlook.

If this makes sense.. can anyone help. I suspect it is fiarly straightforward to solve - IF you know what you are doing. And i don't. clearly.

please help.
    03-27-09 08:00 AM
    You need to go into the Email Settings in Outlook and set it to "Leave A Copy on the Server".
    03-27-09 08:02 AM
    Thanks. that seems to work... but it does also put the message on to outlook twice (but just once on blackberry)... which is certainly better than not at all.
    03-27-09 08:57 AM
    ...which is getting irrititating. So does anyone know how to stop it arriving twice? But without cutting off the supply of emails so i go back to not receiving some?
    03-28-09 01:42 AM
    Remove your desktop manager. Reinstall it as a BES setup, then choose desktop redirect. You then can just leave outlook open and the desktop manager will automatically send a copy to your berry once outlook receives it. You can setup outlook to automatically check for messages like every minute.
    03-28-09 02:41 AM
    Done this - and thanks for this.... but my early test emails still seem to have come through twice on outlook, but just the once on blackberry. so still confused...
    Last edited by jeremyjames; 03-28-09 at 07:54 PM.
    03-28-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD