I'm trying to decide between a Windows Mobile 6.1 phone and a Blackberry Pearl 8120 on AT&T. Physically I like the BB hardware, but, I'm having some problems using the BB software. I use several IMAP accounts (some are Gmail) and use BIS. Try as I might I cannot get the BB e-mail client to sync read and deleted e-mail from the ISP IMAP server after I have read and deleted the mail from my PC. I'll read and delete all my e-mail from my PC and it will still be sitting there on my BB marked as unread. It's like BIS is treating all the IMAP accounts like POP accounts. That's a dealbreaker, it's ineffcient to have to read and delete mail twice, once on the PC and again on the phone. I've looked on the forums and there doesn't seem to be a fix, that's just the way BB seems to handle IMAP (except maybe Yahoo works properly). Is there a workaround or fix for this (maybe the 4.5 OS update?).
    10-13-08 06:01 PM
    I have been having the same problem with my 8310, but it started out after I installed Mobile Yahoo!Messenger, first I lost the sync between my Bb and one of my e-mail accounts, so I posted a threat, but no answer yet, so I decided to upgrade from OS 4.2 to 4.5, but nothing with my e-mail sync problem, instead I gained another problem, I can't use my Bb for tethering with OS 4.5, so I had to downgrade back to 4.2 and now I lost e-mail sync capabilities with all my other e-mail accounts. Yes it sucks to go and delete messages both in the Bb and the Comp. So just waiting for a fix1
    10-15-08 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD