I never thought it would come to this but after searching all the crackberry forums and reading countless posts and reading posts on other sites and searching Google, I still can not come up with a third-party software that will allow me to sync my blackberry with my Outlook folders.

I know this has been asked a lot and I understand the differences and strengths of a blackberry, but I am really looking for a way to sync my Outlook 2007 inbox and other folders with my blackberry. I just want to duplicate what Outlook Mobile would do on a windows mobile device and I'm willing to pay extra for it!

Does anyone know any apps (not services) that would do this? I do not want to pay a monthly fee for some advanced wireless solution, just a simple desktop app to sync the two when I plug it in that I can buy.

If this has been posted before I am sorry but I have definitely missed it!

Thanks!
    -Dan
    12-02-08 03:46 PM
    are you looking for a wireless option? If you are just looking for sync software that works when you hook up your phone to the computer why not use the blackberry desktop manager? you should have recieved a cd when you got your phone and can usually download a copy from your providers website
    12-02-08 06:05 PM
    No, I'm not looking for wireless. I tried DM but I can't see how to set it up to sync email, it only prompts for tasks, notes, contacts, and the calendar.

Did I just miss it? Do you know where the option to sync email folders is located?
    12-02-08 08:02 PM
    I don't think you can sync email via DM. That's why God created BIS :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 10:22 PM
    I have BIS, but I want to sync all of my old emails that are in my Outlook inbox currently. Is there any way to do that that you know of? Even if it requires purchasing third-party software?
    12-02-08 10:25 PM
    I don't know of any way, but why would you want ALL of your old emails on a phone with limited memory? If the memory gets too low it automatically begins to delete things starting with messages, contacts, and call logs. It's not designed to be "outlook mobile"
    12-02-08 10:35 PM
    Ok, now I get it. I am not aware of a way to sync the old existing messages. The only thing I can think of is to resend the messages to an address that's routed to your BlackBerry. Not a very attractive option, I know. However, if you create a xxx.blackberry.com address and send them there, the messages would appear on your BlackBerry but not be duplicated in your Outlook InBox.

12-02-08 10:36 PM
    Ok, that is what I keep on reading but I just figured there had to be another way with apps that someone has created. I guess I have been spoiled by all the apps available for Windows Mobile.

My treo had a lot less memory than my current blackberry and seemed to handle all of the emails fine (it had settings to restrict attachment sizes and not download images).

I will still be on the lookout for a solution though! I can always hope that someone will develop an application like this. I think it would go a long way to increasing the appeal to a wider base of non-business users, even if they did have to pay for that functionality.
    12-02-08 11:13 PM
    I'll explain exactly why it matters what synapse7 is saying. If I am working in outlook all day and moving or deleting all new emails I receive, I don't want to pick up my BB and see all those new emails in on my BB as unread and have to pick through which ones I want to delete or keep again since I already did it in outlook. I agree, it just seems that there should be a third party software that runs on my desktop that keeps the BB and the Outlook Inbox in sync while Outlook is open.
    12-17-08 04:33 PM
    I want to be able to manage the InBox from both my Blackberry and my Outlook client and when I sync, have them match up.

I can't believe this capability doesn't exist. I don't need a wireless sync. I'll take the USB sync. I'm just tired of deleting read emails in both places. Can anyone help?
    05-01-09 05:25 PM
    I want to be able to manage the InBox from both my Blackberry and my Outlook client and when I sync, have them match up.

I can't believe this capability doesn't exist. I don't need a wireless sync. I'll take the USB sync. I'm just tired of deleting read emails in both places. Can anyone help?
    I prefer to control my desktop email separately. In the event that I need to keep something on my desktop but don't want it on my BB- the way you want it would mean you loose both and that would drive me bonkers.
    05-01-09 05:29 PM
    I prefer to control my desktop email separately. In the event that I need to keep something on my desktop but don't want it on my BB- the way you want it would mean you loose both and that would drive me bonkers.
    That's not necessarily true. In an ideal world, it would act just like it would on the BES. You would have control on your Blackberry to delete on the handheld, on the desktop, or both. You could also set the controls where the Desktop wins. If that's the case, anything you want to keep on the desktop, you leave there. Anything you want to delete on the handheld, you delete there only.

Please, please, please let there be something out there that allows us to synch email in a BIS environment.
    05-02-09 05:56 AM
    I would just love for messages I SEND in Outlook to appear on my BB. I would love for my BB to mirror my Desktop Outlook. Just like Windows Mobile...anyone know to? The funny thing is that when I view message folders on my BB, I see the same Custom folders I have in Outlook, they just don't contain the messages.
    05-08-09 11:00 AM
    I agree with the OP, I hate the fact I can't get folder support on a device that's supposed to be the best email device out. BIS is so ovverrated, aside from PUSH on all email accounts, its lacking in so many ways.

05-08-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD