Greetings good folks at crackberry.

I'm loving my new 8830 on the Verizon network. I should of had this years ago.. Wonderful tool.. but I am having a nasty problem no one seems to know how to fix...

I'm on a BES with my company.. Everything works perfectly as long as I don't sync with outlook using the desktop software. What happens is right after the sync I can no longer reply to company emails.. The "send" button for the emails is gone.. wiped off the drop down menu completely and is found no where else on the phone..

At the same time this happens I also get a "service book" error when I use the "more" function when viewing large emails... WTF..

I've wiped this phone out and started over 3 seperate times.. The Admin at the BES server says there is nothing wrong with the server as no one but me has this problem.. Verizon was useless as I wasted over an hour with them today..

Does anyone ever remember seeing something like this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW.. when the phone has this problem all my BIS mail accounts still function perfectly..

Frank
    08-03-07 05:30 PM
    Never heard this before. BUT, you should have the admin remove the account, AND delete the statistics, then re-add the device.

Also, why are you syncing with Outlook? If the device is on BES, you are wirelessly synching anyway, so, why bother with Desktop Manager? Rhetorical, of course..
    08-05-07 05:42 AM
    Thanks for you thoughts on this.. I have had the admin delete my account on the BES while I try and sort through what might be causing this..

Regarding your question about why sync with outlook at all?.. Well two reasons.. I have other software that sends data to Outlook.. I would like that data on my blackberry.. and I would also like to have any contact I add to my BB to be brought into Outlook.

Question. Do most of you that are on BES's stop syncing with Outlook altogether? Because not syncing would fix my problem for sure..

Thanks in advance..
    Frank
    08-05-07 11:46 AM
    Like I said before if you're on BES, it should be setup for wireless sync, thus no need to sync with the cable, period! It's a two way transaction, i.e. if you enter data on your device, within two minutes it will show in Outlook...
    08-05-07 02:01 PM
    I did not know this to be the case.. Thank you for pointing it out.. Now why do you think the admin at my company didn't tell me to stop syncing by cable when he heard me talk about this cable sync problem? Nor did Verizon..
    08-05-07 05:51 PM
    I take it the question was rhetorical...
    08-05-07 07:20 PM
    Of course.. I didn't think verizon tech support would know as they are lost in space.. But you would think the Admin for the companies BES server would...
    08-05-07 07:27 PM
    Now, remember this, wireless sync MIGHT NOT actually be on, on the server! But, I say to myself, why on earth have a BES, and not have wireless sync on...
    08-06-07 06:34 AM
    Well I know that it's wirelessly syncing my address book.. i know this because the 3 times I wiped out my device my addresses appeared shortly afterwards.. BUT.. I didn't know that my computer's outlook program was also getting wireless updates. Well, in the computer's case it would be across the internet. I actually didn't see this happen but I wasn't looking either..
    08-06-07 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD