I downloaded the Media Sync so that I could sync my itunes library with my Blackberry. For some reason, less than 20% of my songs are able to sync. And a lot of the main songs aren't recognized. There's plenty of space on my Storm, since I have the 8GB media card. Can anyone offer any advice?? Thanks!!!
    12-29-08 01:06 PM
    I downloaded the Media Sync so that I could sync my itunes library with my Blackberry. For some reason, less than 20% of my songs are able to sync. And a lot of the main songs aren't recognized. There's plenty of space on my Storm, since I have the 8GB media card. Can anyone offer any advice?? Thanks!!!
    I was having this problem (26 songs out of 1800!!!) - I had all of my music on an external harddrive to save computer space so I decided to put the music back on my computer. Once I deleted all of the duplicates on Itunes it worked no problem.
    12-29-08 01:12 PM
    I was having this problem (26 songs out of 1800!!!) - I had all of my music on an external harddrive to save computer space so I decided to put the music back on my computer. Once I deleted all of the duplicates on Itunes it worked no problem.
    All my music is on my computer, and I don't think there are any duplicates?? It's definately frustrating!!
    12-29-08 01:19 PM
    did you download the songs from itunes... because if you did then they aren't DRM free and you can't play them on your storm. only way you can get them from itunes is if you get it from itunes plus, check on that part of the itunes store and you may be able to upgrade your songs to the DRM free version. if you got them from some where else then i dont know, but yeah i've definitely not been able to add some of the songs to my storm because of that
    12-29-08 01:25 PM
    did you download the songs from itunes... because if you did then they aren't DRM free and you can't play them on your storm. only way you can get them from itunes is if you get it from itunes plus, check on that part of the itunes store and you may be able to upgrade your songs to the DRM free version. if you got them from some where else then i dont know, but yeah i've definitely not been able to add some of the songs to my storm because of that
    Great! Yes, 90% of my songs are from itunes and most of the ones that did work on my phone were also downloaded from itunes, so it seemed strange that all of them wouldn't transfer. When I get home, I'll check out itunes plus and see if that will take care of the problem! What exactly is the itunes plus and what does/can it do? Thanks!
    12-29-08 01:34 PM
    itunes plus is DRM free music so it will ruin on anything. Right now the cost is 30 cents per song for the upgrade.
    12-29-08 01:58 PM
    You can also download any type of DRM removers, such as Tunebite. It removes the DRM from the code so you can play it on other players.
    12-29-08 02:20 PM
    Great...I'll definately check out the itunes plus and maybe just upgrade the songs that I want on my Storm. Thanks for all the help.
    12-29-08 02:27 PM
    DRM removers or try any of the itune converters available.
    Take some time to find the (free) program that suits you best.
    To make sure they play on my BB, on Songbird and as streaming music at home I convert all to the same format mp3.
    12-29-08 05:02 PM
    I'm having a little trouble too. When I download Media Sync, Windows says Desktop manager has stopped working and must close. Any ideas?
    12-29-08 05:09 PM
    I'm having a little trouble too. When I download Media Sync, Windows says Desktop manager has stopped working and must close. Any ideas?
    Use Media sync for the Media and then turn on DM for any other needs. No need to run both at the same time.
    12-29-08 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD