I use a bold now and am just entertaining getting ..uhh, well, and iphone ...let's just say I am curious ...

Anyway, could my company set those two units up on the company's bes, so I can just switch the sim card back and forth? Or would they have to reset it each time? I don't want to interupt the emails as it's key function in my phone.

I know when I've had to switch to new units they've had to reset something, but wondering once they have both phones' info in there??
    06-16-09 01:17 PM
    I use a bold now and am just entertaining getting ..uhh, well, and iphone ...let's just say I am curious ...

Anyway, could my company set those two units up on the company's bes, so I can just switch the sim card back and forth? Or would they have to reset it each time? I don't want to interupt the emails as it's key function in my phone.

I know when I've had to switch to new units they've had to reset something, but wondering once they have both phones' info in there??
    The only problem is that I don't know if the e-mail PUSH will work the same if
    you're on one specific plan. The last question is for your company's IT person.
    06-16-09 04:02 PM
    i didnt think the iphone would work on a BES. thought the BLACKBERRY enterprise server was for BLACKBERRIES only.

and i also thought i heard something about the iphone not have push email? could be wrong, could also be different with the newer 3gs one.

and even if it could, it would cost the company an extra license, which for us is almost 70 bucks a pop.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 06-16-09 at 04:35 PM.
    06-16-09 04:31 PM
    and i also thought i heard something about the iphone not have push email?
    It's called MobileMe
    06-16-09 04:46 PM
    i didnt think the iphone would work on a BES. thought the BLACKBERRY enterprise server was for BLACKBERRIES only.

and i also thought i heard something about the iphone not have push email? could be wrong, could also be different with the newer 3gs one.

and even if it could, it would cost the company an extra license, which for us is almost 70 bucks a pop.
    Thanks to all... the extra license is shuts the option off, I can't justify having the company pay for an extra license... and I wouldn't feel comfortable not having my email even on weekends (guess that's why I am on "crackberry" )...

I just have to get a new mp3 player and some of them are as expensive as an iphone, that's the only reason I was entertiaining it... I love my BOLD!!
    06-17-09 09:10 AM
    There are some really nice mp3 players that are way cheaper then the iphone... Even the reguler ipod holds 10 times more then the iphone. I have a creative zen and I love it... Another idea.... Why not just get another media card for your bold? I saw a 32gig by poleroid for like 40 bucks at frys the other day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD