A little intro (bare with me, it will give you a better idea of where I am coming from... also, posted another thread specifically in the Q10 section if you are ever so curious as to what brings me here)... Long time iPhone user, but I feel it is time for a change. After a very long self reflection period and deciding what's important to me when it comes to a phone, I've realised for a very long time now that the apps I use 99.99% of the time are either built into BB OS10 or are available on AppWorld. Additionally, while the way for that majority of society is all touchscreen and the virtual keyboard, I still find that my desires for a physical keyboard are still very high. My accuracy and speed is far better on one than without.

With that said, syncing my stuff onto a new iPhone is easy-peasy. What I would like to know is there an easy way to get contact (absolute must) and calendar info onto a Q10 from my Mac? I know BlackBerry Link is going to be my best friend, but I figured I would get some tips/advice prior to diving fully into this uninformed (I know I would like to purchase a Q10, but I have time on my side as far as my current contract goes ~ doesn't officially end until February 1, even though I am eligible to upgrade now). I am one of those who will wrack their brains out until it literally hurts hunting information and educating oneself before fully committing to something, particularly when it is a big purchase or significantly impacts our lives.

Any and all tips and advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S. My apologies for the rambling and randomness of my thoughts.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-28-13 01:16 PM
    First of all, hello and I would like to say that I am the same as you when you say that you work your brains out to find the perfect thing

I would say that the easiest way to sync all your contacts is via outlook. Then for your calendar, the best way is to put all your appointments in gmail (if not yet done), and then when downloading your gmail account on your BlackBerry, your calendar will automatically be updated.

However, I did not own an iPhone so I might not be the best person for that, yet I still wanted to share what I know with you.

If you need any info on BB10, I'm here for you ! Send me a private message and I will help you the best I can.

Luca
    12-28-13 01:27 PM
    Its a little bit of work, but not hard at all. But what I did was bluetooth the contacts over from one phone to the other.
    anon6113468 and stlabrat like this.
    12-28-13 02:36 PM
    Thank you for your response. I did read that Outlook would make syncing contacts easy. I certainly will return here often when needing whatever help I may need.

First of all, hello and I would like to say that I am the same as you when you say that you work your brains out to find the perfect thing

I would say that the easiest way to sync all your contacts is via outlook. Then for your calendar, the best way is to put all your appointments in gmail (if not yet done), and then when downloading your gmail account on your BlackBerry, your calendar will automatically be updated.

However, I did not own an iPhone so I might not be the best person for that, yet I still wanted to share what I know with you.

If you need any info on BB10, I'm here for you ! Send me a private message and I will help you the best I can.

Luca
    12-28-13 04:19 PM
    I used Link to sync my iTunes library. There are a lot of ways to sync contacts. You may even be able to do that automatically through your carrier.

Good luck! You're going to love BB10!
    12-28-13 04:32 PM
    Use a Web email like Gmail, or yahoo. It will sync the contacts over.

As for calendar I use my phone not my computer so I'm not sure. I know it can sync back but I have the option turned off to be honest. I only share my calendar with certain bbm contacts (family).

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 06:50 PM
    I use Gmail for contacts and calendar. BB10 will also auto populate ur contact information from ur social media accounts, which I really like. I like BB Link and have no issues with it but I know some posters hate BB link. Good luck. I would also check the Z10 or Z30 too, to give urself more options.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    12-28-13 08:09 PM