New job = switching from Curve to Pearl. For those that have had both what did you prefer. Am I going to dislike to Pearl after having had the curve 8310 for 6 months now? Any other issues with the pearl, typing etc?

Thanks
    03-18-08 12:55 PM
    Pearl sucks

j/p
    03-18-08 12:57 PM
    i have no problems with the pearl
    03-18-08 01:03 PM
    It'll take a while to get used to after having the QWERTY but it isn't too bad. I'd just put the SIM in your Curve and get it onto the BES.
    03-18-08 01:14 PM
    Takes time to get used to the sure type on the 8130.

After 2 weeks I think I am getting the hang of it.
    03-18-08 10:39 PM
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't do it!

It's like downgrading....

Like going from a maserati to a ......

nevermind. Lol
    03-18-08 10:45 PM
    I won't do it too if I have a choice. Typing will be harder since you're used to the Curve already and the screen will be tinnier.

I agree with them saying that it will be a downgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 10:51 PM
    I would not want to get use to suretype after having full qwerty.

And Cindylov, I agree with you on your post.

03-18-08 10:52 PM
    Honestly, the Pearl can't be that bad(?)
    03-18-08 10:52 PM

And Cindylov, I agree with you on your post.

Thank You! Now help me convince him!

Honestly, the Pearl can't be that bad(?)
    I've heard somethings.....

Lol. Nah couple of friends that own them wish they had the curve instead.
    03-18-08 10:56 PM
    I actually use and have both. I like both and don't have a problem typing on either. I actually type a lot faster on my Pearl. The dictionary is awesome. Especially when hooked to the BES, I noticed that non "joe" type names get spelled correctly when typing. For example I had a rep named Mahmood and on the pearl I had for my consumer, it wouldn't spell it, but the pearl I got from at&t as my work phone (hooked up to BES) spelt it correctly. It takes getting used to and inputting new words. Its much smaller form factor is a big plus. If my pearl had the same features as my Curve, I would have two Pearls right now.

03-18-08 11:12 PM
    I actually use and have both. I like both and don't have a problem typing on either. I actually type a lot faster on my Pearl. The dictionary is awesome. Especially when hooked to the BES, I noticed that non "joe" type names get spelled correctly when typing. For example I had a rep named Mahmood and on the pearl I had for my consumer, it wouldn't spell it, but the pearl I got from at&t as my work phone (hooked up to BES) spelt it correctly. It takes getting used to and inputting new words. Its much smaller form factor is a big plus. If my pearl had the same features as my Curve, I would have two Pearls right now.

03-18-08 11:12 PM
    hehe.. did you post the same reply from both
    03-19-08 03:18 AM
    Do it!!!!

But you'll be back

Once you've had a curve why swerve
    03-19-08 04:05 AM
    I agree with most of the posts above, the Curve is a great phone. However, the Pearl is still a great phone as well. Many of the features are more or less the same, so you won't lose any functionality. The only major difference I found was the suretype keyboard. I definitely prefer the qwerty on the curve, but the suretype can be nice at times. Easier to type with one hand (I struggle to use just one hand with the curve). I also like that it's a little bit smaller (though the curve doesn't bother me a bit, but the pearl is a bit more "phone-like"). I would have to say, if you were to be able to swap sim cards (assuming your new job uses a gsm pearl...if it's a sprint or vzw, you can't of course), I would and continue to use the Curve. But if you can't, and have to use the Pearl, I wouldn't be too bummed out. Hey, it's still a Blackberry, right?!
    03-19-08 06:49 AM
    I have the pearl and love this phone. I have used my friends curve and its cool too but I still love my pearl. The keyboard is most def. Different on both phones it will take time to get use to sure type(pearl) but once you do it will be like you have a full key board. But if you rather not take the time then stay with your curve. Using the pearl for so long when I used my friends curve it was hard for me to type because I was so use to the sure type. You should just go and try them both out. There both great phones.

03-19-08 06:54 AM
    It's not that the Pearl is bad, it's that the Curve is GOOD.
    It will take some getting used to, but the Pearl is a nice little device.

03-19-08 07:32 AM
    I had ths same problem a little more than a month ago. I offered the company to cover the difference in price between the two phones.I expressed that I really didn't want a chic phone, and could I get a curve. They then told me not to worry becuase on their corporate deal with at&t the pearl and curve were the same price. Plus execs had a choice between the curve and 8800.

Check with your employer and see if you have an option and/ or if at&t will give them a deal.

03-19-08 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD