I am currently on Verizon wireless and trying to find a way to pick up a blackberry classic or passport (Passport by switching carriers) the cheapest way possible. I'm just looking for suggestions because I really do not want this iPhone 6 anymore and honestly would like to have a passport. Keep in mind I am a college student and with that I have no money haha.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    07-01-15 09:53 AM
    You can sell the iPhone, get the Passport and probably come out ahead... :-)

For the device switch app or BlackBerry Link transfer (backup, restore and data sync utility on Mac/PC) to work, I guess you'd need both phones to be present...? I won't be able to use iTunes backups, right? (Sure enough, data could be extracted out of these if not encrypted).

Will you have a chance the get the Passport before selling the iPhone?
    Just in case you want to transfer data locally. You can always upload to cloud (Outlook/Gmail and Google Drive/OneDrive, etc.) and restore from there.

Let us know. :-)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    07-01-15 03:54 PM
    I would buy an unlocked Passport from www.shopblackberry.com to run on T-Mobile if their network is strong in your area.
    ...Or, just go straight to T-Mobile and get a Classic. They will have the Passport soon too.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 04:02 PM
    Weigh your options carefully before making the jump. What apps do you normally use and expect to be available on your new BlackBerry? The phone itself is great but jumping from a platform which thrives on apps to another with barely any might be a shocker.
    And yes, if you sell your iPhone for a BlackBerry you will come out ahead.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    07-01-15 04:13 PM
    Some carriers offer trade in offers and I thought BlackBerry had an offer too for trade ins. The transition shouldn't be that hard, download (mac/pc) BlackBerry software to link to phone and also BlackBerry Blend if you still have a Apple device.
    I would suggest the Passport, which is awesome . I have both the Classic and Passport. And use the Passport 85% of time and rotate to other BlackBerry phones to give it a break.
    I think once you switch to BlackBerry you will wonder why you didn't switch sooner.
    Switching to BlackBerry from an iPhone, can I get some help with the transition?-img_20150213_202521.jpg

Here's my Classic.
    Passport in hand..
    Berry Satisfied Customer.......
    07-01-15 08:28 PM
    Your best bet is selling the iphone 6 now, carry a backup used old phone and buy an unlocked passport on amazon (shopblackberry takes weeks to deliver) or you can buy a passport on ebay for 400. Just look at their reviews. Someone sold one brand new for 399.

I'm pretty sure there are apps that let you store your backup on a cloud. I was able to store mine on dropbox then recover it later.

Buying a phone is always cheaper straight out than paying monthly in general.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 09:16 PM
    Shop BlackBerry does not take weeks. This is false information. I have purchased two Z30's and a Passport and they each were received in a few days.
    07-02-15 01:05 AM