BlackBerry is way ahead in BB10. Let me explain. Well over 100,000 apps before the end of the first year in a totally new os is a world record. Apple and Android didn't come close in their first year.
    If I open up a couple coffee shops I can do a ton more business than Starbucks did their first year. That doesn't mean I'm ahead if them.
    phylez and R_from_Toronto like this.
    10-07-13 01:53 AM
    The xperia z1 is wayyy better than the ultra.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    i had xperia z ...it's a good device, size is about right. been using iphone 5 in the last few days...minuscule..small..but the toast notifications, ability to set different ring tones/alert sounds is nice. camera is also very quick..no lag opening and no lag between pictures.
    what i don't like on iphone 5 is the email app (you got to keep on selecting email on folders) whilst hub on z10 shows you different email/accounts right away. also no notification light. battery seems to get better after few days on ios 7.0.2
    10-07-13 09:33 PM
    I went from iphone to z10 and although I had initial problems, email and Bluetooth which were both denied by blackberry support but remarkably once 10.1 was installed both issues were solved, I enjoyed the phone. I hung in waiting for the few apps I need for work (banking and an ebay app that wont drain your battery) for 6 months but they never came. Kept looking at the Q10 remembering my days of bold and bought one to try, great phone and felt wonderful but I think the screen on the Z10 had spoiled me and I was struggling with the small size of the Q10.

Anyway after 7 months I had to give in and revert back again to iphone. The lack of my core apps and the poor BB maps getting me lost on more occasions than getting me there had finished me off. The final straw came when the maps app decided to freeze and wouldn't start again in the middle of Wolvehampton causing me to be late for an appointment. I just thought this is getting too hard to deal with. I have to say the moment I put my sim back in my old iphone life became easier, banking was a joy rather than the pinch, scroll and zoom it had been for the past few months and having a sat nav app that worked was a relief.

I fully understand each to their own and do see some of the wonderful merits of the BB10 phones, I shall miss the fantastic hub, multitasking and that fabulous screen but for me personally this was a step back in technology, which in my eyes should be there to make life easier and smother not a more difficult experience.

I had lost a little faith with Blackberry as I also have a playbook and whilst I understood the decision not to put BB10 on this device from a business perspective to have a tweet sent out saying that the playbook would not receive any more notable updates by Alec Saunders I really felt was a very very poor way to treat customers ( this may have changed now as I have sold the playbook and no longer look in the forums).

So sadly I have sold all my Blackberry devices (z10 q10 and playbook) and will probably stick with the iphone which for a simple user like myself is well suited, having said that the Z30 doesn't half look good.......
    phylez likes this.
    10-09-13 03:18 AM
    my iphone 5 was sold after a week of use . what a craB. small screen, horrible typing. xperia z is way better for productivity and the fact that you can actually read the screen. just sold it yesterday,.and placed an order for z30..coming in 2 hours time
    10-10-13 11:59 PM
    i had xperia z ...it's a good device, size is about right. been using iphone 5 in the last few days...minuscule..small..but the toast notifications, ability to set different ring tones/alert sounds is nice. camera is also very quick..no lag opening and no lag between pictures.
    what i don't like on iphone 5 is the email app (you got to keep on selecting email on folders) whilst hub on z10 shows you different email/accounts right away. also no notification light. battery seems to get better after few days on ios 7.0.2
    I can set different tones for each of my contacts. Messaging and calls.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 now Free
    10-12-13 03:25 AM
    I went from iphone to z10 and although I had initial problems, email and Bluetooth which were both denied by blackberry support but remarkably once 10.1 was installed both issues were solved, I enjoyed the phone. I hung in waiting for the few apps I need for work (banking and an ebay app that wont drain your battery) for 6 months but they never came. Kept looking at the Q10 remembering my days of bold and bought one to try, great phone and felt wonderful but I think the screen on the Z10 had spoiled me and I was struggling with the small size of the Q10.

Anyway after 7 months I had to give in and revert back again to iphone. The lack of my core apps and the poor BB maps getting me lost on more occasions than getting me there had finished me off. The final straw came when the maps app decided to freeze and wouldn't start again in the middle of Wolvehampton causing me to be late for an appointment. I just thought this is getting too hard to deal with. I have to say the moment I put my sim back in my old iphone life became easier, banking was a joy rather than the pinch, scroll and zoom it had been for the past few months and having a sat nav app that worked was a relief.

I fully understand each to their own and do see some of the wonderful merits of the BB10 phones, I shall miss the fantastic hub, multitasking and that fabulous screen but for me personally this was a step back in technology, which in my eyes should be there to make life easier and smother not a more difficult experience.

I had lost a little faith with Blackberry as I also have a playbook and whilst I understood the decision not to put BB10 on this device from a business perspective to have a tweet sent out saying that the playbook would not receive any more notable updates by Alec Saunders I really felt was a very very poor way to treat customers ( this may have changed now as I have sold the playbook and no longer look in the forums).

So sadly I have sold all my Blackberry devices (z10 q10 and playbook) and will probably stick with the iphone which for a simple user like myself is well suited, having said that the Z30 doesn't half look good.......
    U mean bb maps is even worse than apple maps... whoa lol.

10-12-13 03:27 AM
    No but the iphone has apps!!!!
    10-12-13 04:34 PM
    After few days with iphone5, i am back to BlackBerry with Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 03:16 AM
    Hello there,

I am planning to buy Blackberry Z10.... my worry is .... with the rumors that BB will close and its like a deceased company now ... who will upgrade their system and specially the apps etc.... i really aiming to buy a blackberry Z10... and im a big fan of BB eversince ... fits my lifestyle ... hope you can answer my question fluidly ... AJ
    10-13-13 01:29 PM
    Alas, I'll be another one switching. Z10 suffered through the reboot issue, and now the sound is gone. Wiping it as I type this hoping that fixes it. Tried resets battery pulls... Nothing works. I'm away on a vacation and have no phone! Can't root for this underdog any more.

Sent from my iPad
    10-13-13 05:41 PM
    Just a few random thoughts on making the switch this weekend...

Long time BlackBerry user going back to the first Pearl and I hate to say it but I made the switch to S4 yesterday and it was such a relief. No more workarounds for basic functionality on other phones. No more wondering when new apps will come. No more waiting on BlackBerry to over promise and under deliver.

I had previously owned the S3 for 8 months before making the jump back to Blackberry with the Z10 and I didn't realize how much I missed some of the apps. To each their own but to me, apps really enhance the functionality of a phone. The browser is simply not the solution. I wonder how many of the deniers on Crackberry have actually compared the functionality of an app to that of a mobile site they always try to push us toward.

The BlackBerry browser is pretty good at the moment but Chrome on Android is just smoother. I didn't see any lag on the S3 and I don't see any on the S4 either. The integration with the desktop version is also so well done that I don't know how you can really compare the two.

Camera on the S4 is superior to the Z10. The pictures just look better. They also looked better on the S3. The Z10 had timeshift and that was about it. Otherwise, the camera itself was terrible.

Screen on both the S3 and S4 are superior. I know, the colors are over saturated and over contrasted in certain instances but I like it when colors pop off the screen. The Z10 was just too dark and dull for me.

Keyboard on the Z10 was great. Can't be compared to but SwiftKey on Android is pretty damn close. Rumor has it that BB licensed the SwiftKey engine for Z10...

Don't know why or who perpetuates the myth that Android lags but I've never experienced it. Never happened on the S3 and it is not happening on the S4.

Messaging, communication and battery...areas that the Z10 is supposed to be superior in. I liked and will miss the hub but Samsung has at least knocked off a portion of it already with an integrated inbox. Messaging on both the S3 and S4 are on par if not better in terms of options with the Z10. The battery on the Z10 was a big letdown for me. I expected better from BlackBerry as the last device I had come from was a 9900. Now don't get me wrong, the batteries on the S3 and S4 are terrible as well but I just expected better from BlackBerry. I held them to a different standard and I was let down hard.

Will definitely miss the gestures. The last truly innovative idea to come out of Waterloo. Great way to switch while multitasking. Pushing the home button on Android is more than a little clunky.

It's been one hell of a ride CrackBerry nation but I'm done with BlackBerry.
    Geeoff likes this.
    10-13-13 09:47 PM
    im another one who might switch t the Sony experia Z1 or maybe ill just stay with BB a little longer with the z30.. I love the gestures and the multitasking but ios7 already copy some of those features. im hold on to my z10 for now. hopefully Blackberry can do something that really makes me stay.
    10-14-13 01:26 PM
    I sold my xperia z ultra, buy iphone 5. Sold iphone 5. Now with Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 03:46 AM
    Dropped my Blackberry for an Android. Dropped my Android for an Iphone now. Will get a Z30 once BB gets some apps. BB10 and the new hardware looks to be pretty awesome.
    10-15-13 12:13 PM
    I stopped using my curve when it just became to unreliable - lots of reboots and battery pulls - I bought a dual sim adapter and stuck the BB sim in my S3, now have both personal and work numbers in one handset which I really like.

Have to swop sims via an app but thats ok as all calls on the work number get diverted to the personal one (so I only revert back to the work sim to place calls). Now considering a proper 2 radio dual sim, 5" andriod.

BB10 was never an option as I use my phone with a BT credit card reader to take customers payments and Intuit (Canadian I think) wouldn't produce a BB10 app.

Finally got text input perfect via swiftkey and am now not missing the qwerty keyboard.
    10-16-13 08:18 AM
    Recently upgraded to a Z10 and am actually not too impressed and wish I never parted with my 9360, I had a nagging feeling that I should have bought a Q10 at the time and I expect I will end up doing that.
    I love blackberries and have had them for years and maybe that is why I miss the keypad so much, I travel about a lot so often switch sims to whatever country I am in for local contacts and to be honest a dual sim BB would be ideal and reduce the need for 2 phones.
    The battery on the Z10 unfortunately is rubbish! if you wish to use some of the features,
    10-16-13 09:15 AM
    The Q10 has a nice keyboard but lack of trackpad is proving to be an issue for me. Text selection is horrible. I still think my 9900 was the best BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    10-16-13 12:33 PM
    Hey there, I just got LG Escape, running 4.0.4, good to see a fellow Escaper here.
    Now that I caught you, I just wanted to know if you were able to move apps to SD or are you still stock with apps on it's tiny storage (I got 1.6GB usable capacity).

PS: I still have my 9900 and I am running test on Escape to see if it is worth moving to Android platform.

For everyone else out there, I tried 15 different email apps on Android, non of them can replicate half of what I can do Blackberry's email (OS 7.1) I am not a big fan of OS10 so I am keeping my 9900 until it dies.
    10-16-13 09:14 PM
    Hey there, I just got LG Escape, running 4.0.4, good to see a fellow Escaper here.
    Now that I caught you, I just wanted to know if you were able to move apps to SD or are you still stock with apps on it's tiny storage (I got 1.6GB usable capacity).

PS: I still have my 9900 and I am running test on Escape to see if it is worth moving to Android platform.

For everyone else out there, I tried 15 different email apps on Android, non of them can replicate half of what I can do Blackberry's email (OS 7.1) I am not a big fan of OS10 so I am keeping my 9900 until it dies.
    I thought I found an app to sd app but it didnt work lol. Why haven't u upgraded to 4.1 yet?? And besides the fact our phone only has so little storage I have quite a few apps downloaded. The only one I couldn't get was iron man 3 besides that I have friendly fire, global outbreak, s.a.w, and twisted metal 2 on my ps emulator.

10-16-13 09:53 PM
    And I found the updated gmail app works real well imho. The push service is quite fast believe it or not. What is it u are looking for?

10-16-13 09:56 PM
    I thought I found an app to sd app but it didnt work lol. Why haven't u upgraded to 4.1 yet?? And besides the fact our phone only has so little storage I have quite a few apps downloaded. The only one I couldn't get was iron man 3 besides that I have friendly fire, global outbreak, s.a.w, and twisted metal 2 on my ps emulator.

Hi, I didn't read your other posts, but I intend to. Did you get any e-mail client on your phone?
    Our company is running BES7 and luckily I can keep both 9900 and LG Escape (P870) running. BB is using BES and LG is getting emails from Exchange via WebDAV or EWS, one of them.

Like I said on my post above, I tried 15 email apps, and I am still testing them. I have an extensive comparison report that I am building, which I think will be very helpful to others if they are considering to move from BB to Android, but results are not really bright.

Another headache is the storage. I am keeping 90 days of emails and I noticed I am already in over 300MB with emails, and I am hoping Touchdown allows to move all my email data to SD.

I didn't update to 4.1 one yet, I was worried it would use more space, but if you think it is worth it, I will definitely do it. Of course the other reason was because I was running all these email app test, and various things and I didn't want to worry about breaking anything since I 4.1 update will wipe everything (if I am not mistaken)

I would love to hear more tips and suggestions from you on using Android. (I did add 8GB sd to it) My plan is, if this thing is successful in replacing BB's email, I will wait for Z30, give it a try for 15 days or so or whatever AT&T allows, and then return and get S4 Active.
    10-16-13 10:00 PM
    Hi, I didn't read your other posts, but I intend to. Did you get any e-mail client on your phone?
    Our company is running BES7 and luckily I can keep both 9900 and LG Escape (P870) running. BB is using BES and LG is getting emails from Exchange via WebDAV or EWS, one of them.

Like I said on my post above, I tried 15 email apps, and I am still testing them. I have an extensive comparison report that I am building, which I think will be very helpful to others if they are considering to move from BB to Android, but results are not really bright.

Another headache is the storage. I am keeping 90 days of emails and I noticed I am already in over 300MB with emails, and I am hoping Touchdown allows to move all my email data to SD.

I didn't update to 4.1 one yet, I was worried it would use more space, but if you think it is worth it, I will definitely do it. Of course the other reason was because I was running all these email app test, and various things and I didn't want to worry about breaking anything since I 4.1 update will wipe everything (if I am not mistaken)

I would love to hear more tips and suggestions from you on using Android. (I did add 8GB sd to it) My plan is, if this thing is successful in replacing BB's email, I will wait for Z30, give it a try for 15 days or so or whatever AT&T allows, and then return and get S4 Active.
    The only email app and client I use is the stock gmail app. And if u use the lg update tool u won't have to erase your phone data. For the extra features if not project butter I would most def upgrade to 4.1.2.

10-16-13 10:07 PM
    The only email app and client I use is the stock gmail app. And if u use the lg update tool u won't have to erase your phone data. For the extra features if not project butter I would most def upgrade to 4.1.2.

All right, take you up on that, will upgrade as soon as I have chance.
    10-17-13 01:43 PM
    For email on Andriod try aquamail, it get regular updates and is excellent. I've now paid for the full app as the updates are regular and the support is damn good as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    10-18-13 01:24 AM
    For email on Andriod try aquamail, it get regular updates and is excellent. I've now paid for the full app as the updates are regular and the support is damn good as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    It does not support Exchange or Active Sync and is missing a bunch of features.
    Swipe in list, folder search, view contact before sending, double tap, day lines

Review this too:
    Feature requests

Also developer does not respond that well. Otherwise it is a fine piece of email app, much better a lot others out there. For exchange, the best bet is Touchdown at the moment. For others, there is Kaiten, AquaMail, ProfiMail and a few others. I like ProfiMail's dev, he responds pretty quickly.
    Same with MailDroid, his developer is cool and replies to emails but he is a bit stuck on what he wants to keep on his app, and not willing to make adjustments soon, and of course it doesn't support AS or Exchange either.
    10-18-13 11:29 AM
3,266 ... 8081828384 ...