Raw power for one. The spen the features the screen.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    04-05-13 11:33 AM
    Raw power for one. The spen the features the screen.

Ok, so I wasn't missing anything, haha, thanks, much appreciated
    04-05-13 12:36 PM
    What do you like about it? I played around with one and I couldn't figure out what all the hype was about
    My wife has been messing with her new Note II all day, and it does cheetah flips around her old iPhone 4S (sold that overhyped device on eBay).

Anything her iPhone could do, the Note II does ten times better and much faster. And it can do a great deal more.
    Greenghost likes this.
    04-05-13 09:33 PM
    My wife has been messing with her new Note II all day, and it does cheetah flips around her old iPhone 4S (sold that overhyped device on eBay).

Anything her iPhone could do, the Note II does ten times better and much faster. And it can do a great deal more.
    That's cool, I just like to get specifics, since as I said, I played with one and it's nice and all, but besides having a REALLY Big screen, what's the draw? Can't an S3 do all the same stuff?
    04-06-13 12:31 PM
    That's cool, I just like to get specifics, since as I said, I played with one and it's nice and all, but besides having a REALLY Big screen, what's the draw? Can't an S3 do all the same stuff?
    Have only scratched the surface of her new device, but in essence - no it can't, though the upcoming S4 apparently does implement some of the Note II features.

Here is a review of the Galaxy Note II, demonstrating some of its features and limitations, comparing it to other flagship smartphones.
    04-06-13 01:00 PM
    Here is another article showing tips for the Galaxy Note II in order to leverage its spectrum of features.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-06-13 03:17 PM
    Made the jump over to an iPad mini earlier in the week from my trusty playbook. For some reason the pb browser has gone from being ok to brick slow over the past couple of weeks. No amount of reloads or resets has got it going again. Given how much I use it for work and how much I miss certain apps due to being "fully" bb I decided to swap the tablet for something with an i in the name and see how it goes.

Must admit so far I'm really impressed with it, screen is great (cant see what all the non-retina fuss was about), battery's decent and I've got millions of fart apps at my fingertips!!! (And some slightly more useful ones like Skype etc)

So there we have it, the mini is going to be my daily driver going forward and the playbook will be retiring to media centre duty (wifi sharing and hdmi out are working fine so it still makes for a cracking little player). Hopefully if/when bb10 lands the update might resurrect it somehow in which case it might get to come out and play again
    04-06-13 05:28 PM
    Ok, so I wasn't missing anything, haha, thanks, much appreciated
    U really just have to go to a carrier store and play with one for a while firsthand but bottom line its a nice and powerful phone.

04-06-13 06:17 PM
    U really just have to go to a carrier store and play with one for a while firsthand but bottom line its a nice and powerful phone.

I have. Like I said, I didn't get the draw. To each their own though!
    04-06-13 07:38 PM
    I have. Like I said, I didn't get the draw. To each their own though!
    I'm not talking bout just playing around for a couple minutes bro I'm talkin bout really getting hands on. The best way is talking to a friend or relative who has one and use theirs.

04-07-13 08:54 PM
    Well, after a four year love affair with BlackBerry, today is the day I leave with a heavy heart for Android and the HTC One. A few weeks ago, I couldn't conceive of doing this, but sadly I've decided that BB10 strays far too far away from the things I've long loved about BB (battery life, BIS and its advantages for messaging mainly). I upgraded my wife to a HTC One last week and it's just amazing - like stepping into the future. I'm sure I'll love it, but I'm sure I'll still miss BB - but the old BB sadly. Am already spending more time at Android Central (mobile nations - thank goodness for you), but will keep hold of my trusty 9900 and will still happily frequent CrackBerry on a regular basis, and will continue to hope that BB can regain some of the old messaging and powerhouse magic that made it so great. Until then - HTC One here I come!
    bruteforce037 and St_Deborah like this.
    04-16-13 05:13 AM
    First of all, I am not a troll, blackberry hater and/or fanboy. I first came to this site in 2008 and recently came back to Blackberry a month or so ago because of the new z10. I have written several post about my experience and opinions about using the new z10 and also posted tips and suggestion for folks to use to help set up the device and I really do love the new z10.

But, my current mindset has been drastically changed based on a social gathering I recently had with some clients and friends over the past weekend. I was showing off my new z10 and ask some of them for their BBM PIN numbers for my contact list and I was shocked to hear that all of them had given up their Blackberrys in favor of the Apple and Android platforms!

Even the ones that had company provided phones had been converted over to the iPhone and Apple IOS. I was shocked, these where all former hard core Blackberry users and a couple of them I even remembered from back in my BB 7000 series days while I was on the Nextel network way back when.

A couple of them where IT guys, so I asked them why they had switched over to the Apple IOS? Their response was, the security is more then adequate for email and web access functions and everyone is familiar and they feel comfortable using the iPhone 5 and Apple OS because most of them have iPads and IPods anyways. They also proceeded to tell me they felt RIM has become complacent in the smartphone market and has fell behind in what the consumer in 2103 is asking for in their smart phones.

They also stated the applications them and thier employees use on a daily basis are available in the Apple market and they feel more comfortable with future OS and App development with Apple then with Blackberry. They felt they where loyal long enough and waited over two years for RIM to provide them with something that was a newer and a more updated product from what they where currently using and the competition had beaten them to the punch. To them loyalty to a product only goes to far in todays market.

Their suggestion to me was if I wanted to be able to use the video conferencing and group messaging features that would enable me to communicate with them in 2013, I would be better suited to switch back to the apple and the IOS platform, this was the direction they where headed and they where not turning back any time soon.

After sitting there with my shiny new BB z10 and feeling like the once great business tool I always bragged about being the best messaging device on the planet was now looked at like an outdated ford in 2013. Much to my displeasure, I have went back to my iPhone 5 and Apple IOS.

Yes it's stale, I hate the home button after using the z10 swipe and gesture concepts, but I have to look at this from a long term business perspective and when 98% of my friends and clients are using the other smartphone platforms for both business and personal use, the choice is rather simple folks, sad but true.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    04-16-13 03:30 PM
    I've always been a huge blackberry fan. I've gone thru many BB's and loved each one. But with time, I've had to move onto a new device due to my career. With my new career came apps that were available on an iPhone that would help me do my job more efficiently and help me generate more money. I went to move onto a 3GS. Great phone up until I started having battery issues. I had to go to an Apple Store and have it replaced and since they ran out of 3GS phones, I got a iPhone 4. I've really enjoyed the iPhone 4 and love the facetime feature and iMessage uses. I do miss the instant gratification of a BBM or PIN.But with family all over the world and endless communications apps for an iPhone, I may have to carry two devices because I do some traveling or up until Skype and Viber are really available, I'll be sticking with my iPhone 4 and looking to upgrade to an iPhone 5 or the rumored 5S soon.
    04-16-13 03:38 PM
    I would love to get a new BB10 device but it does not run any of the apps that I need. So here I wait patiently while using my Android and iphone.

The new BB10 looks like the best BB ever. It is impressive for a BB device.
    04-16-13 06:07 PM
    Had to give up my second z10 and go back to iPhone 5. I have to stay with Verizon because it works the best and is the cheapest for me. But the z10 models on Verizon are crap. I went through 2 in two weeks because of stupid issues. I can't understand why they would release a phone with that many problems.

I am so happy to be back on iOS and I hope blackberry gets their crap together.
    04-22-13 12:52 PM
    Today, with a tinge of sadness, I departed the old familiar world of Blackberry.

I think I have had about 10 or 12 different BB's over the years. I remember feeling like the dogs dangly bits when out and about the town with my 'smartphone', my 'business' mans phone!!! No-one had seen anything like, it back in the day. Halcyon days indeed. Then those wack-jobs (see what I done there?) named after a certain fruit came along. It all started to go t*ts-up from there I think. Anyway, I digress......................

My 9900 was starting to play-up and was ready to depart to the great smartphone in the sky. I pondered, scratched my head, tapped my fingers and rubbed my chin in trying to think of what handset to get as a replacement. Z10? another 9900? wait for the Q10 or wait for the mysterious super Blackberry to come out?

To be honest, I personally find the Z10, as far as smart phones go (aren't they all smartphones?) anyway, I digress, again - Personally, I find the Z10 uninspiring, bland if I may. It never really excited me like the old BB's. Perhaps I'm just a stick-in-the-mud old BB fan!!!

The Q10, again in my opinion is also not very exciting. Perhaps I have just fell out of love with BB? who knows? I don't!!

I guess one of the final things that maybe a factor in all of this was the build-up, the hype in the wait for BB10. I was expecting BB to come back with BB10 with a vengeance, a bang, a phone that would knock the whole world flat on it's ar*e.

In my opinion, RIM came back with BB10 with a, well, fizzle!

So, as I said at the beginning, I'm off. I'm off to the world of HTC One. I have it in my hand as I speak, and the phone!

In all fairness, I haven't a friggin clue what I'm doing with this Android malarkey! Looks good though! Seriously - what a sublime piece of kit this HTC One is. Beautifully machined aluminium, specs to die for, speakers so loud my ears turned inside out and faster than a fast thing from fastville Alabama.

I know I'm making light of all this but I'm genuinely very sad not to have a BB in my hand for the first time in years. So - see ya gang. I'll be logging on now and then just to see what's going on.

So long - god-bless.
    bruteforce037 likes this.
    04-23-13 04:56 AM
    Let us know what all you discover about that HTC One, once you figure out how it works.
    04-23-13 08:01 AM
    Let us know what all you discover about that HTC One, once you figure out how it works.
    Same here, I am really interested in hearing what BB users think of HTC One.
    I also heard Samsung is pushing for their own email client on larger tabs and large phablets, I wonder how they perform.
    bruteforce037 likes this.
    04-23-13 04:42 PM
    I moved my sim from my Note 2 to my Z10 on launch day. I had to exchange it twice due to the screen smudge issue. Finally got a good one. I sideloaded several of the apps I used on my N2. What I will say is the Z10 is light years ahead of the 9930, but it cannot hold up to the current Droid devices at all. App support is major. I found myself putting it down a lot and grabbing my iPad to do things. I never did that with my Note. My iPad got no use. I put the sim back in my N2 and gave the Z10 to a friend.
    JasW likes this.
    04-26-13 12:35 PM
    I moved my sim from my Note 2 to my Z10 on launch day. I had to exchange it twice due to the screen smudge issue. Finally got a good one. I sideloaded several of the apps I used on my N2. What I will say is the Z10 is light years ahead of the 9930, but it cannot hold up to the current Droid devices at all. App support is major. I found myself putting it down a lot and grabbing my iPad to do things. I never did that with my Note. My iPad got no use. I put the sim back in my N2 and gave the Z10 to a friend.
    Can you tell us (and Blackberry) the stuff you cold do on iPad that made you put Z10 down?
    For me, major issue was google maps and online banking.
    04-26-13 03:16 PM
    I have been using bb since the pearl 3g came out. I loved that phone a lot. I still do but it needs a new tracked. Well that and os 6 on it while better than 5 is pretty solid except for the browswe which is pretty rough on most sites. I upgraded to a bold 9790 and it's been amazing. Os 7.1 is awesome 'll around imo. Just a couple days ago I won a HTC one from virgin mobile Canada.

To be honest, I'm not really enjoying it. Typing sucks on a tpuxhscrwwn, voice calls are not as good quality and while the hardware is really good and the build quality is very nice I feel that considerations for communication was the last priority given to this device. It absolutely can not be used with one hand, the phone is uncomfortable to place to your ear and the device is quite slippery. To be honest, I want to swap it for a q10 the first moment I can. I am obligated to test the phone for 4 weeks. Hopefully it will still be worth something by then.
    04-27-13 10:38 AM
    Same here, I am really interested in hearing what BB users think of HTC One.
    I also heard Samsung is pushing for their own email client on larger tabs and large phablets, I wonder how they perform.
    I just posted about the HTC one but I'll reply to you directly. I've has it for a few days and I'm not really that impresses. I can't deny that the hardware is tip drawer abs the design is pretty but compared to a communication device like the 9790 or the 9900 it doesn't compare. Looking at the q10 is like a dream come true. Beautiful hardware and specs on a modern os with a scrap load of potential.

On the software side I'm very new to android so I'm in the middle of a learning curve with it. But android with HTC s sense ui melted into it feels quite disconnected. I find myself really missing all the menu features that apps integrate into the old bbos. (Not sure how this is implemented in bb10, will have to see. Universal search is addictive which I can't seem to find a suitable alternative.

On the form factor side I can't control this device with one hand without holding it in akwards positions dangerously about to drip it. I also feel discomfort when making calls on it. The body of the device feels wrong and I feel like a ****** for using such a big ridiculous phone.

Bottom line is I miss my old bb and can't wait to trade this in for a q10.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    04-27-13 07:08 PM
    After Storm, Storm 2, Torch slider and now 9650, leaving Blackberry for a Nexus 4.

Leaving Blackberry due to :
    - Lack of USB sync to Outlook on desktop (I think I've found solutions for Android)
    - 30 day email limitation
    - Poor Task management (Remember is very, very weak)
    - Lack of native apps like Skype (native, remember?), Evernote, Pocket Informant, etc.; Native because I read lots of posts about how Android apps, including ports, are old versions, have limited functionality, and/or just aren't that stable
    - And on a higher level, poor customer service/communication, similar to what life was like during the Jim & Mike days (no warning on removing USB sync, little acknowledgement of the issue once it became apparent there were lots of people missing it, then missing promised deliveries twice)

Not going to Apple because :
    - Dislike walled garden

Choosing Nexus 4 due to :
    - Reputation as fast, stable and great bang-for-buck
    - Stock Android for more assured upgrade path

I will have 15 days to ensure it does what I need, during which time I will keep my Berry in operation. If I still have the Nexus after the return period, my plan is to live with Android for a year and then, if I'm not 110% happy with Android, I may - repeat, may - revisit Blackberry to see if the product is finally mature. Perhaps. Though i feel like I've already wasted years trusting Blackberry will finally deliver.

As background, I am also a Blackberry shareholder so I do hope BB10 succeeds, at least enough to boost the shares into the high $20 range.

- R.
    05-08-13 10:50 PM
    After Storm, Storm 2, Torch slider and now 9650, leaving Blackberry for a Nexus 4.

Leaving Blackberry due to :
    - Lack of USB sync to Outlook on desktop (I think I've found solutions for Android)
    - 30 day email limitation
    - Poor Task management (Remember is very, very weak)
    - Lack of native apps like Skype (native, remember?), Evernote, Pocket Informant, etc.; Native because I read lots of posts about how Android apps, including ports, are old versions, have limited functionality, and/or just aren't that stable
    - And on a higher level, poor customer service/communication, similar to what life was like during the Jim & Mike days (no warning on removing USB sync, little acknowledgement of the issue once it became apparent there were lots of people missing it, then missing promised deliveries twice)

Not going to Apple because :
    - Dislike walled garden

Choosing Nexus 4 due to :
    - Reputation as fast, stable and great bang-for-buck
    - Stock Android for more assured upgrade path

I will have 15 days to ensure it does what I need, during which time I will keep my Berry in operation. If I still have the Nexus after the return period, my plan is to live with Android for a year and then, if I'm not 110% happy with Android, I may - repeat, may - revisit Blackberry to see if the product is finally mature. Perhaps. Though i feel like I've already wasted years trusting Blackberry will finally deliver.

As background, I am also a Blackberry shareholder so I do hope BB10 succeeds, at least enough to boost the shares into the high $20 range.

- R.
    Very similar experience here. I've been using "My Phone Explorer" to sync Android and Outlook. Fast forward a few years and the Q10 is *still* not available. And when It does come, it looks like it will be missing several features - not only the track pad, convenience key, and desktop sync, but also keyboard shortcuts. Big disappointment.

I really do not like Android. It takes twice the steps as a BB to do the same action, and it is flaky and unstable. But, until I find something better, I am stuck with it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the missing features to come to the Q10 soon in a firmware update.
    05-09-13 06:07 PM
    I left my BB Curve 9360 for an iPhone 5 about a week ago. So far I'm finding there is a lot to like. Long battery life, reminds me of my Bold 9700. Apps galore and a polished OS. I hate the touchscreen keyboard though, I'm getting a little better with it over time. My plan is to see to stick with the iPhone for about a year and then check back with BB to see what is being offered. By then BB10 should have matured and more devices would be out.
    05-09-13 11:26 PM
3,266 ... 7576777879 ...