I have a Blackberry 9810. It is a pretty useless phone, but I still like it and use it when I need a light duty device. But the people who own Blackberries on this forum are Zealots. Unfortunately for RIM, these Zealots are few and far between and not enough to support the company. Blackberry users are a cult, but iphone users are cloned sheep. Which one is worse?
    While I agree with you and I do like the iOS platform, how about the iSheeps who just buy whatever Apple put it out? Apple Inc tried their best to control your freedom and yet the Apple fans have no clue.

DO YOU KNOW that APPLE is being sued by the US government for blocking access to eBooks sites other than the iBooks or whatever the dictatorship bookstore? I am in Canada, not in Iran so I should have the right to buy books from where ever I want from my PERSONAL device!! In Canada I STILL can't access Kobo and other book stores from iPad. So much for democracy eh iSheeps? (I am not supporting RIM either. I don't like the BIS and IT Policy on BBs)
    05-09-12 09:58 AM
    While I agree with you and I do like the iOS platform, how about the iSheeps who just buy whatever Apple put it out? Apple Inc tried their best to control your freedom and yet the Apple fans have no clue.

DO YOU KNOW that APPLE is being sued by the US government for blocking access to eBooks sites other than the iBooks or whatever the dictatorship bookstore? I am in Canada, not in Iran so I should have the right to buy books from where ever I want from my PERSONAL device!! In Canada I STILL can't access Kobo and other book stores from iPad. So much for democracy eh iSheeps? (I am not supporting RIM either. I don't like the BIS and IT Policy on BBs)
    You are differently right in what you are saying. I can't argue with you on those points. It's so annoying that Apple has that much control. I was a BB user for years and have tried Windows new Nokia phone and numerous Android devices but I still believe that the iPhone and the whole platform for that matter is far superior to everything else out there. I use apps very little and mostly use my phone for business. I do wish they would release so much damn control, it's annoyed me so much in the past that I wanted to leave but there just isn't a better platform right now to go to, in my opinion.

I wish some other platform could seriously challenge them with the easy and simplistic approach they have taken. I think the only other platform that comes close is Android and I just think it is still far from IOS. Maybe Windows 8 when it comes out might compete. I still hold out hope for BB, but they really have to improve BIS before I for one would ever consider coming back.
    05-09-12 10:07 AM
    By the way what are Zealots?
    05-09-12 10:09 AM
    You are differently right in what you are saying. I can't argue with you on those points. It's so annoying that Apple has that much control. I was a BB user for years and have tried Windows new Nokia phone and numerous Android devices but I still believe that the iPhone and the whole platform for that matter is far superior to everything else out there. I use apps very little and mostly use my phone for business. I do wish they would release so much damn control, it's annoyed me so much in the past that I wanted to leave but there just isn't a better platform right now to go to, in my opinion.

I wish some other platform could seriously challenge them with the easy and simplistic approach they have taken. I think the only other platform that comes close is Android and I just think it is still far from IOS. Maybe Windows 8 when it comes out might compete. I still hold out hope for BB, but they really have to improve BIS before I for one would ever consider coming back.
    I also agree with you on this. Also, Apple's software engineers did a great job on making their devices so simple. The reason why Android is not taking off is because unless you are a geek or a tech guy, I found some of my friends think it is a huge learning curve. Apple makes it easy to operate their devices with their iOS.
    05-09-12 10:30 AM
    I also agree with you on this. Also, Apple's software engineers did a great job on making their devices so simple. The reason why Android is not taking off is because unless you are a geek or a tech guy, I found some of my friends think it is a huge learning curve. Apple makes it easy to operate their devices with their iOS.
    I think a lot of people forget that Apple intentionally made iOS to be simple and easy for the average user and not to necessarily be on the same level as a more advanced OS.
    05-09-12 10:45 AM
    Grabbed a s2 for super cheap. So bye to Bb.
    05-11-12 04:51 PM
    Found a good deal for a Lumia 800, decided to give it a go. So i'm switching over to see how it is on the WP side. I've always been interested in WP and so why not? I'm still a huge fan of BlackBerry, and certainly wish them to do well. But I also believe that in order to know whats best for myself, the best way is to try it out. Not just playing around with it in the store, but to own it and use it as my primary phone. Each platform has their own pros and cons, its all about what you can live with or without. Its just a phone. As far as I can tell now, BB are still the best when it comes to communication.

I have much faith in BB10 though, and is looking forward to it.
    05-11-12 05:09 PM
    Found a good deal for a Lumia 800, decided to give it a go. So i'm switching over to see how it is on the WP side. I've always been interested in WP and so why not? I'm still a huge fan of BlackBerry, and certainly wish them to do well. But I also believe that in order to know whats best for myself, the best way is to try it out. Not just playing around with it in the store, but to own it and use it as my primary phone. Each platform has their own pros and cons, its all about what you can live with or without. Its just a phone. As far as I can tell now, BB are still the best when it comes to communication.

I have much faith in BB10 though, and is looking forward to it.
    Exactly. I think a lot of people forget this.
    Last edited by Moonbaseone; 05-11-12 at 05:16 PM.
    05-11-12 05:13 PM
    05-11-12 05:46 PM
    I will start this off saying all I have ever had for a smart phone is blackberry started with a curve then tour style and a torch. Best buy buy back program told me they would buy my phone off me for 300 so I asked how much will they buy a 4s off me in september and they said 350. I was like ok so the iphone was 199 so I got it and they gave me a gift card for 100. But now I miss my bb I still have my playbook I'm on that right now. I can't wait for the bb10 to come out I'm never getting any other phone but a blackberry. The way I look at it we all have a brain fart sometimes I just have to wait bb 10 I still can't don't know why I did it
    dacoberry likes this.
    05-11-12 08:06 PM
    I will start this off saying all I have ever had for a smart phone is blackberry started with a curve then tour style and a torch. Best buy buy back program told me they would buy my phone off me for 300 so I asked how much will they buy a 4s off me in september and they said 350. I was like ok so the iphone was 199 so I got it and they gave me a gift card for 100. But now I miss my bb I still have my playbook I'm on that right now. I can't wait for the bb10 to come out I'm never getting any other phone but a blackberry. The way I look at it we all have a brain fart sometimes I just have to wait bb 10 I still can't don't know why I did it
    So my question is why do you hate the iPhone, and what makes you think BB10, with its completely revamped OS and form factor, is going to be any better or different than what you hate on your phone now?
    05-11-12 08:22 PM
    At least I will have BBM and my email will work and bridge my playbook I might not like bb10 I not knocking the Iphone its just not for me
    05-11-12 08:36 PM
    Finally decided to switch to a Galaxy note.

Not because of the need of a new OS... Just the huge 5.3 inch screen.
    Eagerly waiting for such a device from RIM ..
    05-12-12 03:24 AM
    At least I will have BBM and my email will work and bridge my playbook I might not like bb10 I not knocking the Iphone its just not for me
    Why doesnt your email work?
    05-12-12 10:27 AM
    Did you mean to post this in "What does your BlackBerry screen look like?" thread? Kind of odd and out of place.
    05-12-12 09:33 PM
    This is my take on the 3 different systems. After reading what others said and what I have found, I think... (I am just posting what everyone here is thinking anyway)

iOS (iPhone)
    -great for multimedia
    -a lot of companies and school supports iOS platform through apps
    -a lot of apps
    -the best customer and warranty service in Canada (compared to low grade customer support by stupid RIM)
    -very few OS error that I have seen
    -the best mobile browser
    but...
    -Apple controls everything to the point Apple Inc even tell you when you should have sex and when you should not with one of their apps (actually there is an app for that too!)
    -too many restriction from eBooks to music files to even your own digital photos
    -very limited customization options
    -eat up the data fast when browsing the net

BB OS (RIM)
    -great physical keyboards on some models
    -best data compression, BBM and Email
    -security (I heard Apple even paid RIM to test the iOS security)
    but...
    -low quality hardware on ALL of their new models and Playbooks
    -I have seen so many BBs returned for repair over the last year (RIM used to be really good about an year ago and I don't know what happened)
    -the world's worst Internet web browser
    -low quality apps in low quantities
    -schools, govts and organizations no longer support BB platform
    -BB 9900 is feels like from stone age (even cave people probably had better technologies than Bold 9900 LOL)

Android
    -variety of hardware choices
    -many option for customization
    -so many apps and growing by the day
    but...
    -bad battery life on most Androids comparable to iPhone and Bold 9900
    -some people will find the Android OS is super confusing and complicated
    -reported cases of virus and privacy issues

I don't know what to choose when my contract is up for Bold 9900.
    05-12-12 09:52 PM
    This is my take on the 3 different systems. After reading what others said and what I have found, I think... (I am just posting what everyone here is thinking anyway)

iOS (iPhone)
    -great for multimedia
    -a lot of apps
    -the best customer and warranty service in Canada (compared to low grade customer support by stupid RIM)
    -the best mobile browser
    but...
    -Apple controls everything to the point Apple Inc even tell you when you should have sex and when you should not with one of their apps (actually there is an app for that too!)
    -too many restriction from eBooks to music files to even your own digital photos

BB OS (RIM)
    but...
    -I have seen so many BBs returned for repair over the last year (RIM used to be really good about an year ago and I don't know what happened)
    -BB 9900 is feels like from stone age (even cave people probably had better technologies than Bold 9900 LOL)

Android
    but...

I'm assuming a 2 year contract? so that is still quite some time away. If it is 1 year, then you would have plenty of choices.

BB10, new iPhone, probably tons of new android phone, and hopefully Windows Phone 8 as well. Its still too early to make judgement at this point imo.
    05-13-12 12:56 AM

Android
    That is only because there are more features. Spend time with Android and it will be a cake walk.
    05-13-12 05:18 PM
    That is only because there are more features. Spend time with Android and it will be a cake walk.
    I have had my SG2 for a couple of months. The first few weeks, I was just amazed by the big difference I found switching from BB. Next, I found tons of useful apps that did not exist for BB. Now I am finding so many features in widgets. Overall the phone is extremely easy to use.
    Sure there is a learning curve for a BB user.
    1. Getting used to the virtual keyboard was the biggest issue, but apps like Swift Key X make it easy.
    2. Push Email was missing but K9 mail IMAP setup was easy. My Blackberry was limited to 6 email addresses I think. On Android I can have unlimited, (currently I have 10).

If BB hardware did not keep falling apart, or the phone did not keep rebooting or quitting while in use, I would not have bothered leaving it.
    I see no reason for RIM to fault its ex-loyal users.
    05-15-12 01:31 PM

iOS (iPhone)
    -great for multimedia
    -a lot of apps
    -the best mobile browser
    but...

BB OS (RIM)
    but...

Android
    but...

I don't understand. I use a 9900 and the browser is actually wonderful! Maybe I'm just "crazy" and don't have retardedly high expectations for absolutely NO reason for features I will never use (pretty much everyone). I really didn't think I'd discredit what you say, since it's not like you're new here, but holy mother of facial penetration...
    05-15-12 01:36 PM
    I don't understand. I use a 9900 and the browser is actually wonderful! Maybe I'm just "crazy" and don't have retardedly high expectations for absolutely NO reason for features I will never use (pretty much everyone). I really didn't think I'd discredit what you say, since it's not like you're new here, but holy mother of facial penetration...

While the browser is better than it used to be, compared to iOS or android native browser there is a noticable difference for me. I'm pretty much 50/50 now on time spent using my 9900 and my iPhone and a lot is based on browser performance and apps I use a lot that I can't get on BB.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-15-12 03:47 PM
    After using my S2 for like 3-4 days, honestly the only thing I miss is the Bold9900 form factor. But everything else is just far better in all ways imaginable.
    05-16-12 09:20 AM
    I've just sold my 9900 for a SII, I 'am' a little worried about just how much I'll miss BB functionality, seeing as it's the only brand of phone I have been using since 2009, but I figured if I'm going to buy a BB10 device when it's released, I don't mind a change for a few months. So, with that in mind...

STILL a BB fan, regardless. And, to be honest, it'll be ignorant of me to not allow myself try another platform and still be sceptical about them. Like, CrackBerry Kevin has an iPad and has used an iPhone, you have to be assertive and seeing what's out there.

Let's rock and roll this!
    05-17-12 10:14 AM
    I actually migrated from an Iphone 3G.... was very interested in jailbreaking and unlocking etc.... however I found it too complicated then my iphone got screwed and ever since I've had no regrets about Blackberry whatsoever. VERY easy to modify and many other positives such as BBM for ease of communication and also after sales support is so lovely!
    05-17-12 07:16 PM
    Well add a windows phone to my list - I won a lumia 710 so I'm waiting for my unlock code and then I shall play.
    God - now I'm swapping between a iphone, 9900 and a lumia. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-18-12 12:47 PM
3,266 ... 5859606162 ...