You couldnt just wait a few days and have it shipped. I think you wanted to leave anyway, this just gave you a reason. With all that said I hope you enjoy the Bold it is a great phone. Verizon is superior to ATT but as long as you're happy thats what counts.
    07-27-09 05:50 PM
    You're a major whiner!!!

All jokes aside as long as you're happy thats what counts.
    07-27-09 05:53 PM
    Hello! im new to crackberry but ive had my bb pearl 8130 for a year and i wanted to switch to the tour it looks so nice and everything. But i need some advice if i should go to the bb curve first before the tour? thanks
    07-28-09 08:17 PM
    I just switched from a Pearl 8130 to a Curve 8330.The Curve is a major improvement. Bigger screen, more internal RAM, and a better keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 08:39 PM
    is it because of the wifi?
    No not at all. I actually really have no use for wifi and amazingly still haven't even used it since I got my Bold. But since AT&T has the same coverage in my area and a cheaper monthly plan, I made the switch.

Also, I love the Bold now. I actually like the slightly larger form factor over the Tour which I once obsessed over.

And one of the biggest things that I loved about the Tour when I was on VZW was how the keyboard was like the Bold's but on the 8900 it's not, so the Bold was a solid choice for me. Couldn't be happier.
    07-28-09 09:05 PM
    I just switched from a Pearl 8130 to a Curve 8330.The Curve is a major improvement. Bigger screen, more internal RAM, and a better keyboard.

but the tour has way more ram and usb gb storage. so its hard to choose lol
    07-28-09 09:25 PM
    Just reactivated my Treo Pro and awaiting the return pkg for the Tour. For all the hype about how great email is on the bb, it pretty much stinks unless you have BES. No IMAP folders, no old mail, no way to report spam. All things I could do rather easily with PalmOS, WinMob and WebOS (having played with them all). The iPhone can even do it. Hard to imagine the BB OS has been through so many revisions over the years, yet basic email and SMS is still in the stone age.
    07-29-09 11:38 AM
    I've been forced to use my 1st blackberry EVER which is a T-MO branded 7290 device. my previous phone, 8320 was stolen and was already passed the 1 year warranty so T-MO couldn't do anything about it.

I'm hoping to upgrade to the Gemini next week... hopefully.
    07-29-09 04:19 PM
    I actually been downgrading.. Broke the LCD of my Bold so I'm waiting for a new one to come in. Untill then, I'm using my sisters old Pearl. Needs some getting used to again, but it's still a BlackBerry so no worry's here.
    Last edited by Prosa; 07-29-09 at 06:52 PM.
    07-29-09 06:48 PM
    So long 8320....

I just ordered a new 8900 today...Tmobile really hooked me up. After owning four 8320's and having separate issues with them, Tmobile decided to move me past refurbs and is sending me a brand new 8900.

So I'm on the final days of being an 8320 user. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about my new BB that's on its way!!

07-29-09 11:08 PM
    Anybody switch from a storm to another BB device?
    07-30-09 10:26 AM
    Anybody switch from a storm to another BB device?
    I've heard of tons of 8330 users switching back to their curves from the storm. Nothing against the storm but I'm glad I didn't get one. I don't like the push screen on it after playing with my brothers. He loves it though.

07-30-09 02:38 PM
    Well today was interesting. I did something I never thought possible. I broke my contract with VZW.

Some of you will not give a sh!t about this, others might find it entertaining but I had to vent to people who can empathize with this type of situation.

So I called VZW today to attempt to pre-order the tour or at the very least, find out the details on a possible early upgrade when it's officially released. The first person I speak to informs me that in order to be eligible for an early upgrade I'd have to have the $44.99 calling plan or higher. Conversation didn't go much further than that, I said thanks and my goodbyes and hung up to think of what my options were. *Lightbulb*. How about I just change my plan to the $54.99 a month plan, order the phone and switch back to my old plan once I have it? Brilliant! Or maybe not...

I call back and am pretty quickly connected to a very nice guy named Phillip. Phillip confirms for the second time today that yes I do need to have a $44.99 or higher voice plan to get an early upgrade. So I'm all, "Sign me the h*ll up Phil, because I would like that Tour!" We share a quick laugh and Phillip upgrades my plan to a $54.99 plan and backdates it to my last billing cycle. When this is finished I ask good old Phillip if he could help me to pre-order the tour now. Phillip says he's not in sales, but can connect me with someone who can order it for me. YAY!! Just before he transfers me I confirm with him once more that I will be able to pre-order the tour now and switch my plan back when I get it. I get a confident "Yes ma'am" and thank Phil for his assistance.

I'm transferred to sales and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside because it's finally happening right? Sales flat out tells me I have to pre-order online. So I tell Mr. Sales Guy that the website will not allow those with corporate discounts to pre-order online. Mr. Sales Guy doesn't really seem to care and tells me he'll transfer me to CS. I'm on hold....listening to a recording about all the wonderful things VZW can do for their customers and how important my business is to them....still on hold...

Aha, the CS Rep gets on the line. I explain to her the situation and then I think I blacked out. Because all I remember her saying is that the other 2 people I previously spoke with have misinformed me. Am I dreaming? According to Ms. CS Rep (who's name I must have forgotten when I blacked out from shock) tells me that I'd have to be on this higher calling plan for 3 consecutive months in order to do the early upgrade, otherwise I can't get one until January. I begin to tell her about how my curve is fried, I can't wait 6 months and I'm not paying a $50 insurance deductible for some crappy refurb. I then ask her to just transfer me to cancellations.

Silence.....She quickly asks if she can put me on hold for a few minutes (which ended up being 20 mins). I oblige because I assume she's going to work something out to retain my business. She gets back on and just quickly apologizes again for the other 2 people who misinformed me but says there's nothing that can be done. I let her know that i will be canceling my contract and ask for what my ETF will be, thank her and hang up.

What happened next? Well I blacked out the rest of my day at work (because it bored me to tears) and found myself in the AT&T store purchasing a Bold. That's pretty much that. Farewell VZW.

So anyway, I just wanted to share. It's working great so far. Coverage is fine and it ended up being $10 a month cheaper without my old corporate discount than VZW was. So I'm happy to have a beautiful device that's functioning properly.

And by the way, this thread is not a knock on VZW. I had them for almost 5 years and never had a complaint. Today I was just so disappointed and needed a device and coverage that would function well for me. So I hope you all enjoy your tours when you get them. I'll probably be hanging around the Bold forums now. Long story I know. But I just needed to say it.
    Hey, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Way back when, I used to have Nextel and they were really great to me for a very long time until we had a billing dispute for which they were VERY wrong. We fought about it for about a month (long story but trust me they were ENTIRELY at fault). Finally I said enough already, I'm cancelling BOTH my phones (lots of money there) and when they gave me over to cancellations, the guy said, "Wait, let me try" and I provided him with all the info all over again. He had me fixed and taken care of in less that 5 min. What was THAT all about? I can promise you however, that I was totally prepared to cancel them. I have T-Mobile now (pretty good for the most part) and have no intention to go to sprint/Nextel, mostly because I've been reading bad things about their CS. Some of these CS reps just don't seem to care it seems. They make a lot of money off of all of us so I fail to see why they don't treat their long term customers better even if it means giving them a price break when they aren't eligible. I just don't get it.
    07-30-09 02:48 PM
    You would have to do a lot of convincing to get me to give up my Blackberry. I have a Bold and don't know what I would do without it.
    07-30-09 04:57 PM
    So long 8320....

I just ordered a new 8900 today...Tmobile really hooked me up. After owning four 8320's and having separate issues with them, Tmobile decided to move me past refurbs and is sending me a brand new 8900.

So I'm on the final days of being an 8320 user. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about my new BB that's on its way!!

Nice.

Guess we won't see you around the 83xx forum anymore.
    07-30-09 05:29 PM
    Hey guys, I need some help. I am new to this site as well to Blackberry.

I am on Verizon's network (not going anywhere) and I have been holding out for the "perfect" phone but it seems with every new release something major is missing from the phone.

I really would like to purchase a high-end Blackberry that will do everything I need it to do for business and for personal so I don't have to upgrade in a year. Granted, I know that something bigger and better is always going to come out, but something that I'll be happy with for a long time. ( I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THE STORM!)

I was just at the Verizon store today and checked out the Tour. I liked it alot, however it doesn't have WiFi.

I have read a couple of posts regarding rumored phones to hit the networks, but a lot of them seem to be going to other carriers.

Does anyone have any advice on whether I should just buy the Tour or wait a little bit longer for the same phone features PLUS WiFi??
    07-30-09 06:32 PM
    Nice.

Guess we won't see you around the 83xx forum anymore.
    no I'm excited about a new bb though. I'll be sure to get in contact with ya though when my new bb arrives!

I'll let ya know how it is!

07-30-09 09:28 PM

I am on Verizon's network (not going anywhere) and I have been holding out for the "perfect" phone but it seems with every new release something major is missing from the phone.

I really would like to purchase a high-end Blackberry that will do everything I need it to do for business and for personal so I don't have to upgrade in a year. Granted, I know that something bigger and better is always going to come out, but something that I'll be happy with for a long time. ( I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THE STORM!)

I was just at the Verizon store today and checked out the Tour. I liked it alot, however it doesn't have WiFi.

I have read a couple of posts regarding rumored phones to hit the networks, but a lot of them seem to be going to other carriers.

Does anyone have any advice on whether I should just buy the Tour or wait a little bit longer for the same phone features PLUS WiFi??
    If you're waiting on wifi, I hope you're not holding your breath.
    07-30-09 10:10 PM
    So long 8320....

You'll love it. I got to 8900 via the 8310 and to be honest, I liked the 8310, like the 8900 much better.,
    07-31-09 07:55 AM
    no I'm excited about a new bb though. I'll be sure to get in contact with ya though when my new bb arrives!

I'll let ya know how it is!

Great.
    07-31-09 09:26 AM
    You'll love it. I got to 8900 via the 8310 and to be honest, I liked the 8310, like the 8900 much better.,
    Thanks! Its always good hearing that someone who liked the 83xx likes the 8900 even better. Despite some of the issues I had, I did like my 8320. Well, some of the time

07-31-09 10:48 AM
    Great.
    Btw my bbm is down. I wiped the device and lost everything (intentionally). The replacement I have I'm giving to my brother once my 8900 gets here.

07-31-09 10:49 AM
    Made my decision today to send the Tour back and stick with my modified 8330.

The Tour was nice, but for me anyway, the higher resolution screen, 3.2MP camera, loads more memory, and faster processor still wasn't enough. Maybe if it had wifi, I would've kept it (weak EVDO signal at home).

The Rev A EVDO didn't make a huge difference in download speeds for screen updates, as I spend most of my online time on the wap site of CB anyway.

On paper, the Tour wins hands down, but in real world use, I never liked the Tour's keyboard much compared to the Curve's, which is perfect, IMO.

I switched from the Tour to the Curve 2 times within the 2 weeks I evaluated it, just to be sure I wouldn't miss the Tour. Honestly, I didn't miss the Tour at all. I will save my NE2 discount for whatever comes down the line (Storm2, Atlas?).
    08-01-09 10:56 PM

i like the Tour and don't really miss the fact that it doesn't have Wi-Fi. there are a few devices rumored to be on the horizon with Wi-Fi, but you never know exactly when they will drop.

Thanks! Its always good hearing that someone who liked the 83xx likes the 8900 even better. Despite some of the issues I had, I did like my 8320. Well, some of the time

i used an 8900 the other day and it was sweet. you will enjoy it. the 83xx series has always been my favorite so i like the 8900 and the 9630. they are just like upgraded Curves.
    08-01-09 11:02 PM
    i like the Tour and don't really miss the fact that it doesn't have Wi-Fi. there are a few devices rumored to be on the horizon with Wi-Fi, but you never know exactly when they will drop.

i used an 8900 the other day and it was sweet. you will enjoy it. the 83xx series has always been my favorite so i like the 8900 and the 9630. they are just like upgraded Curves.
    Have you thought of the bold. It loses on the camera end but it does have 3G and wifi, doesn't it?
    08-02-09 07:58 AM
3,266 12345 ...