Yea!!! I finally ditched my Blackberry and got a real Smartphone!!
    Nokia E71!!

It has a great calendar, unlike the rudimentary BB one.

Best of all!! I do not have to tell it what time zone we are in!! It knows and even better, when we change time zones it does not mess up all my appointment times.

Bye Bye BB, I will not be back.!!
    07-18-09 06:40 PM
    Yea!!! I finally ditched my Blackberry and got a real Smartphone!!
    Nokia E71!!

It has a great calendar, unlike the rudimentary BB one.

Best of all!! I do not have to tell it what time zone we are in!! It knows and even better, when we change time zones it does not mess up all my appointment times.

Bye Bye BB, I will not be back.!!
    BYE HATER!

Oh... and RIM clearly explains the time zone thing on their website.
    07-18-09 09:34 PM
    yeah im thinking of going to iphone too, anyone happy they switched???
    07-19-09 02:57 PM
    From T-Mobile, my trusty red Blackberry Curve, to Verizon, and the new Tour! I absolutely LOVE that I switched carriers and BBs.

T-Mobile would drop constantly in my house and around my area. I could never get the browser to work at work, I couldn't use AIM, it would give me a lot of communication errors. I never had a problem with customer service until I traveled out of the country (long story haha), after that, I switched to Verizon.

Now I have service everywhere, and it works like a charm at work! Though I loved my red Curve, and will honor it's memory! I switched from a Sidekick to a BlackBerry in the first place. Best choice I could ever make.
    07-19-09 06:17 PM
    BYE HATER!

Oh... and RIM clearly explains the time zone thing on their website.
    timezone thing ??sorry i dont travel much ??? excpt back and forth frm phx to LA
    07-19-09 06:29 PM
    BlackBerry needs a better sales rep here in the PNW.

Our company is pretty liberal when it comes to buying new phones and switching carriers. They cover 100% of phones we buy and use.
    I have had plenty of BB and other Smart phones but the Bold has been the best.
    I recently found out that our company will no longer be using BB 's starting in December.

Although we are a small company with only a dozen employees the building we share has 2 larger companies with 2,000 � employees who all use BB's.

Living in the Northwest, we love our Bill Gates I guess we had a windows mobile team in the building trying to convert the larger company and they took the bait, because now our company will be following suit as well.

Starting in December of 2009, no more BB's in our building.
    Our company will still let us buy any phone we want ( as long as it runs on windows) but it will no longer support and pay for BB's

How can Rim lose such a large account and not even try to get the accounts back.
    07-19-09 08:49 PM
    How can Rim lose such a large account and not even try to get the accounts back.
    Do you know for a fact that no one tried?
    07-20-09 06:36 PM
    I converted from a 8 year association with Nokia to my 1st BB ( 8900) 3 months ago.
    Main reason> Unlimited BB plan with tethering is cheaper than using a hosted exchange + unlimited GPRS on Nokia's + I got bored of the Nokia UI.
    So far so good with the BB and I plan to use it for at least 2 full years,since retail price here in India for a BB is very high.
    07-21-09 07:08 AM
    I've had the Storm since early December. I liked the device at first because of the newness, etc. I tried many of the hybrids OS's. But, as many on CB have indicated, the touchscreen keyboard became cumbersome. I get my device through work (I pay the discounted rate for the device--work pays for the plan). I receive between 100-200 emails a day, and I've always preferred to respond as soon as possible. It was always easy to respond to so many emails on my 8703e or 8830WE. But....on the Storm? It was maddening. However, I LOVE so many other things about the Storm: e.g., the media (audio and video) and camera (only in latest OS). But since I really need a physical keyboard more than anything else, I decided it was time to get a Tour. I tried it twice in the store and loved it. While I'll miss the large screen of the Storm, I won't miss the annoyances of trying to type emails.
    My new Tour arrives today. YEAH!
    07-21-09 07:36 AM
    I came from a Pearl that I had for a year and a half, I loved that device, it never gave me any issues the entire time I had it. I now have the Tour and absolutely love it, what a fantastic device. I firmly believe once you go BlackBerry, you won't go back to anything else...
    07-21-09 08:06 AM
    I just upgraded from 8310 to Bold. Mostly for 3g, but also better screen. Strongly considered the iphone, but couldn't pull the trigger. So far I'm happy with the choice.
    07-21-09 02:55 PM
    I came from a Pearl that I had for a year and a half, I loved that device, it never gave me any issues the entire time I had it. I now have the Tour and absolutely love it, what a fantastic device. I firmly believe once you go BlackBerry, you won't go back to anything else...
    SD, I was considering the Palm Pre; mainly because I've been away from CB for a while & didn't realize Sprint even had a new BB. I was completely bored with my Curve & was just wanting something new. Good thing for me I came back to CB & started reading.

I've never been overly excited about a phone before, but the Tour...WoW! It's actually blowing my mind right now. I still doubt though that I'll ever become one that must have it in the bed with me.
    07-21-09 05:08 PM
    I recently just left a iPhone for a Blackberry Bold and I have to say that its the best decission ever. I have used many phones and must say switching to a Blackberry device was a smart choice. The reliability of the phone is great. I recommened anyone who is considering a new phone to just checkout a Blackberry device. You will not be dissapointed.

EDiT: Ha forgot to mention if everyone had a Blackberry the world would be a happier place
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 06:29 PM
    Good stuff.
    07-21-09 10:53 PM
    I have gone from BlackBerry to Samsung Instinct and back again. I bought a BB Curve about a year ago and my wife bought a Samsung Instinct about two months later. I implored her to buy a BB, but she wouldn't listen. She was dead-set on getting a touchscreen device and the Instinct was the hottedt device on Sprint at the time. After havibg her instinct for a few months, I noticed that she continually used my BB. Until she finally dropped the bomb on me. She wanted my BB! I called Sprint, but there was nothing they could do about swapping her Insinct for a Curve without paying full retail for it. So I did the unthinkable. Because I love my wife, I had Sprint switch the numbers and I was left with the Instinct. I made a gallant effort to like the Instinct, but after a few days I was going through BB withdrawls. I became an angry person. I called Sprint religiously to find some customer service rep that I could sucker into sending me a new BB. I didn't get my BB from Sprint, but what I did receive was an option to back out of my contract without penalty. That day, I bought a Bold from AT&T. Amazing phone! Even better than my Curve. My story doesn't quite end happily. Lately, my wife has been eyeing my Bold. Never get married.

itsachickthing likes this.
    07-22-09 05:40 AM
    BlackBerry Bold on AT&T. (1 year), moved to:
    Palm Pre on Sprint. (8 days), moved to:
    BlackBerry Curve 8330m on Sprint. (3 weeks), moved to:
    BlackBerry Tour on Sprint. (current device. 2 weeks so far and loving it!)

I was happy with my Bold on AT&T, but then I made the rookie/amateur mistake of changing my carrier for the hot new device. I got REAL lucky in that Sprint coverage in my home area is equal to or better than AT&T. Of course I did some research into this first, but still, jumping from one carrier to another for a mobile is rarely a good idea. Of course I knew that if I didn't like the Pre, Sprint had BlackBerry solutions and was getting the Tour shortly, so I felt backstopped. Another factor that helped me convince myself it was a good move was that I'd be cutting my monthly bill in half while getting the same services. What I discovered along the way is that Sprint's internet speed BLOWS AWAY AT&T's speed. Like, night-and-day! So now I'm absolutely thrilled with my Tour and Sprint service.

I've always said I'd rather be lucky than smart. Good thing too! I have a much better chance.
    Last edited by rambo47; 07-22-09 at 02:33 PM.
    07-22-09 02:28 PM
    Didn't cancel over a pre-order. I cancelled because my curve was fried and would have no way of getting a new one without paying full retail. Since at&t has the same coverage in my area and works out to be cheaper each month, I decided to get a bold instead.

is it because of the wifi?
    07-22-09 05:13 PM
    BlackBerry Bold on AT&T. (1 year), moved to:
    Palm Pre on Sprint. (8 days), moved to:
    BlackBerry Curve 8330m on Sprint. (3 weeks), moved to:
    BlackBerry Tour on Sprint. (current device. 2 weeks so far and loving it!)

I was happy with my Bold on AT&T, but then I made the rookie/amateur mistake of changing my carrier for the hot new device. I got REAL lucky in that Sprint coverage in my home area is equal to or better than AT&T. Of course I did some research into this first, but still, jumping from one carrier to another for a mobile is rarely a good idea. Of course I knew that if I didn't like the Pre, Sprint had BlackBerry solutions and was getting the Tour shortly, so I felt backstopped. Another factor that helped me convince myself it was a good move was that I'd be cutting my monthly bill in half while getting the same services. What I discovered along the way is that Sprint's internet speed BLOWS AWAY AT&T's speed. Like, night-and-day! So now I'm absolutely thrilled with my Tour and Sprint service.

I've always said I'd rather be lucky than smart. Good thing too! I have a much better chance.
    When you say internet speed, are you referring to the browser's page loads?
    07-22-09 05:15 PM
    tomorow i am picking uo my bb storm to replace my tmobile 8320 curve
    i am lookin forward to the bigger screen and all the storm has to offer
    07-23-09 03:25 PM
    I need to know how to transfer my contacts from my old Blackberry 8300 to my new BB 8900. Anyone able to help?
    Thanks
    07-24-09 10:43 AM
    Been a T-Mobile customer for about 6 years. Absolutely love their customer service. I had AT&T, for internet service at home, and they were HORRIBLE to deal with. It took 3 months to settle an issue with them so even if I wanted the iPhone, I wouldn't switch just because of that.

Gave up my G1 for the 8900. There are a few things I miss from the G1 but I love my BB better.

After having the G1 and playing around with my friends Storm and another friends iPhone, I pretty much had it with touch screens. What I love about my BB is that I can use the phone with ONE hand 90% of the time. My text messages and emails are usually short enough that i can manage with one hand but on occasion when the messages are a bit longer then I use two hands.

One of the other things that sold me on the BB8900, was its LOOKS. This is a good looking phone that looks more professional when i'm in meetings or I have to leave it on the table. The G1 sort of embarrassed me.
    07-24-09 11:29 AM
    I need to know how to transfer my contacts from my old Blackberry 8300 to my new BB 8900. Anyone able to help?
    Thanks
    Just plug your old BB into your computer and load the desktop manager. Click the transfer device option and the desktop manager will save everything on your old BB and transfer it to your new one. That includes all compatible settings like ring tone prefs, background images, alerts, menu settings!! Contacts and call logs included! It literally couldn't be easier!
    07-25-09 10:13 AM
    I'm a newbie, picked up my first BB yesterday, a shiny new Tour, after Verizon was nice enough to bump up my annual upgrade date. Within an hour I was horrified to realize that there is no imap folder support! Completely stunned I am returning this on Monday and going back to my much cheaper and more functional Dare. I live in my email and need my folders. I have tried a couple other clients on the BB but they were terrible. I have been a Verizon customer for 10 years but I an switching to the iPhone next week - I just can't take it any more. +ther than email I am also not super impressed with the fairly boring BB OS. Trackball was nice at first but the whole thing is just kind of klunky.

07-25-09 10:47 AM
    Went to a G1 just so I can try out Android.
    07-26-09 07:42 PM
    13yrs of PalmOS
    Palm Pre. Returned in 3 days. Lot of potential, just not yet.
    Treo Pro. 1 month (still own though). Lots to like. More robust email w/o BES, touch screen. More business oriented PIM functionality with better software upgrades in that realm. Wifi. Battery life and signal strength not as good as BB.

BB Tour. Nothing is really wowing me. push email is nice, but not over the top as 1/2hr polling works just fine. Miss my email folders. track ball is a step above the d-pad. Miss threaded SMS. Don't know a ton of people with bb's so don't get the whole BBM thing and don't understand why they can't improve traditional SMS. Better battery and better reception. Like the pod charger thing and don't know why other companies don't do conductive charging. At least I think that qualifies as conductive.

Not sure I'll keep the Tour. Definitely holding on to the Pro as it seems like it has the most upside at the moment.

Waiting to see:
    1. Android phone on Sprint
    2. Next gen webOS phone
    3. Touchscreen/Qwerty BB on Sprint (not holding breath)

Wonders why:
    1. still no threaded sms except in history
    2. no folder support for basic email
    3. Why I'd have to wait a year for a wifi tour when I'd hope in a year something will be improved more than what the Tour is now besides the addition of wifi.
    07-27-09 11:59 AM
3,266 1234 ...