need 10 posts to post in marketplace.
    11-16-09 09:37 PM
    so that means I need 5 more...lol
    11-16-09 09:38 PM
    I am upgrading to the Bold 9700.. Store told me they will get them in stock on the 22nd.. I have 8310 now and have no complaints.. Just time to move up..
    11-18-09 01:32 AM
    ^ digging the av, lol.

anyway i have both a pre and a curve.
    11-19-09 06:16 PM
    Went from Storm1 to Curve and now Tour. Things are good!
    11-19-09 09:04 PM
    I'll be switching from my 9000 to the 9700...can't wait!!!
    11-19-09 10:26 PM
    Finally making the jump to the Tour!
    11-22-09 07:17 AM
    Well I soon will be leaving the blackberry family.. I will be buy a moto droid.. Im tierd of have to do 1 or 2 bat pulls a day, browser being slow, phone freezing up on me.. This is my second curve, still with the same problems.. I played with the droid today for about an hour, and all i can say is that RIM is way behind the times. all blackberry has going for them is push email. which not a big deal to me I need a phone thats good on the internel and good all around..

also they had the droid next to the storm 2 and I loaded up the same page on both cell phones, the droid all ready had the page up in running when the bb was just starting to load, motorola really out did them self with that little phone
    Last edited by B R Y A N; 11-23-09 at 11:27 PM.
    11-23-09 11:24 PM
    FWIW,

I've been a hardcore BB user for 10-years, ever since VZW introduced their first one. I have always had a love affair with my BB as I'm sure many others have. I've even endured all those years (up until just recently) of not having BB DTM because I use a Mac. But it's over. I tried the Eris and didn't care for it so returned it after two days, but will be going down today and getting the Droid. The only downside it has for me is the excruciatingly small non-scalable font size in Gmail and texting, but at least the browser has scalable fonts and someone will surely fix this problem soon enough.
    Just thought I'd be man enough to return to this post and add that after trying the Droid...it has some sweet points, but I went back to my Curve and then this afternoon upgraded to the Tour. I had the Tour on the day it launched but it was problem-ridden, but the new one is completely different and all is well again.
    11-24-09 04:19 PM
    I'm thinking about switching from my Bold to my old curve since I need some money.
    11-25-09 05:44 PM
    I decided to leave my Tour behind for the new HTC Hero. I'm trying to figure out why people are addicted to the Crackberry? But I guess to each is own, but I need a phone that is fun and very interactive. So for now I say goodbye to the Blackberry Tour after the 7th of Dec.
    11-25-09 08:32 PM
    first bb and i luv it!
    11-25-09 11:53 PM
    I have given Rim my time for a couple of years now. Promise after promise they claim that they are building the best phone ever. I have moved on to the Motorola Droid until Rim can build a phone that will compete with the Droid and the Iphone. So far the Droid is going to have Flash before Rim will have it. I am also not happy that rim basically dumped the Storm 1 after the Storm 2 came out. Really, those of us who delt with every problem and every fix get told sorry that phone is not going to get any more love. The droid has sooooooo many apps that I paid for with the Storm 1 for free and there are so many apps that are free that just dont work as well on the storm or just are not available. So when Rim gets their act together I will be back. Until then I will visit often but have moved on for now.
    11-26-09 07:16 PM
    I have given Rim my time for a couple of years now. Promise after promise they claim that they are building the best phone ever. I have moved on to the Motorola Droid until Rim can build a phone that will compete with the Droid and the Iphone. So far the Droid is going to have Flash before Rim will have it. I am also not happy that rim basically dumped the Storm 1 after the Storm 2 came out. Really, those of us who delt with every problem and every fix get told sorry that phone is not going to get any more love. The droid has sooooooo many apps that I paid for with the Storm 1 for free and there are so many apps that are free that just dont work as well on the storm or just are not available. So when Rim gets their act together I will be back. Until then I will visit often but have moved on for now.
    No offense...but you'll be saying the same thing when Motorola "dumps you" and the Droid for the next generation Droid. It's just a way of life in phones, computers, stereo equipment, TVs, cars...anything. If there wasn't always the "next great thing" we'd all still have our money and they big companies wouldn't be quite so big :-)
    11-26-09 08:55 PM
    I decided to leave my Tour behind for the new HTC Hero. I'm trying to figure out why people are addicted to the Crackberry? But I guess to each is own, but I need a phone that is fun and very interactive. So for now I say goodbye to the Blackberry Tour after the 7th of Dec.
    You won't be disappointed. I had serious doubts about the Hero and Android in general, especially since my phone functions primary for business use. Figured a lot of the Android stuff was more hype than anything else.

I was wrong, the Hero is much more a business device than my BB ever was. Plus you get the fun factor with some awesome apps.
    11-26-09 11:24 PM
    Switched from a Motorola Rival to a BB Curve. A buddy of mine got the Storm2, so he gifted me his 8330. I'm very happy with it so far.

I mainly use it for social reasons, such as instantly getting e-mail, Facebook and TFLN updates. Since military members can no longer link their AKO e-mails to these devices, it serves me well as an entertainment device. Perfect for what I need!
    11-28-09 06:46 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why does everyone like the BB apart from push e-mail?
    I've had my Bold 9000 for about 5 months now, and I'm thinking of leaving it for an early upgrade to something else.
    Symbian seems behind the times, iphones are ok but I don't like the way they've been locked down do much by Apple, and a lot of places seem to be raving about Android.
    I know the BB has push e-mail, but as I don't use it for work this isn't a major consideration for me.
    Apart from the e-mail, can anyone offer any genuine reasons to stick with the BB?

Paul

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 03:34 PM
    My first Blackberry was the pearl, the smaller size with the holster seemed a good match for me since I do home repairs but when the 8900 was being touted,I couldn't wait because the proccessor was going to match my old Dell axim but being with TMobile has left me wondering if they were ever going to do anything with their coverage in the south. Well, I jumped at the deal crackberry was offering for the Storm2, as I was wanting a touch screenand Verizon's coverage was so extensive-so far,so good. the only problem I ever had with the 8900 was the camera and TMobile was very good about exchanging it. Here is the plus--I noticed the other day, someone was asking about tetherberry on more than 1 phone-to my surprise, when I used BBM to transfer the programs/apps/contacts, it loaded my storm with the tetherberry app from the 8900 and now both work, Anyway, yes I have 2phones,2 carriers, and I can write either/both as business expense, but I will keep my 8900 at least until my contract expires.
    11-29-09 04:12 PM
    Went from a Storm to a Droid and am loving it. To be honest though, never had any real issues other the Storm. Droid, in MY opinion, does everything just a little better.

11-29-09 06:21 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why does everyone like the BB apart from push e-mail?
    I've had my Bold 9000 for about 5 months now, and I'm thinking of leaving it for an early upgrade to something else.
    Symbian seems behind the times, iphones are ok but I don't like the way they've been locked down do much by Apple, and a lot of places seem to be raving about Android.
    I know the BB has push e-mail, but as I don't use it for work this isn't a major consideration for me.
    Apart from the e-mail, can anyone offer any genuine reasons to stick with the BB?

Paul

I asked myself the same question before leaving BB and could only only think of two things - BBM and the awesome keyboards on RIM devices. Both of which were not reason enough for me to stay. However, I required solid push email! Once I found out that other platforms have reliable push that wasn't a worry either.
    11-30-09 06:01 AM
    I have a Curve now, which I've always loved, but I'm due for an upgrade, and wondered if I should get the Tour or the HTC Hero. I don't know if I would like the touchscreen, and the Tour seems to be the next logical step in my BB progression. However, I don't like web browsing on the BB...

Any suggestions??
    11-30-09 10:19 AM
    No offense...but you'll be saying the same thing when Motorola "dumps you" and the Droid for the next generation Droid. It's just a way of life in phones, computers, stereo equipment, TVs, cars...anything. If there wasn't always the "next great thing" we'd all still have our money and they big companies wouldn't be quite so big :-)
    It would not bother me so much but the storm 1 was promised to be a berry that would have it all, including flash and be fast. Rim made it better with os 5.0 but when it came to flash they droped the ball. I don't want to keep changing phones, I want to keep one until it dies. And the DROID is faster, all the apps I paid for and more are free, and flash will be availabe by mid year. When is rim going to get flash? Don't remember reading when only that it is coming. When Rim gets it together I WILL BE BACK TO A BERRY. I need a phone that is a pc not a promise to be a pc. I do realize rim is working on it, I just can't wait anymore.
    11-30-09 05:03 PM
    the storm 1 was so buggy, just never came out with a stable os
    11-30-09 09:04 PM
    i somehow don't get tempted to switch to another non RIM device; I am using my berry for past 1.5 yr and am pretty hooked to it;if I have to switch I'll switch to another RIM device. once a BB user always a BB user.
    12-02-09 09:59 AM
    I started with a curve, then after 3 returns for trackball issues they sent me a Bold free, LOVED LOVED LOVED it, I had no intentions on switching to the Bold 9700 but was in the mall, thought it was too cute and had had it with the trackball issues and the hubby annoyed me soooooooooo i bought the 9700 sunday, which I may have to exchange but waiting on the store to get them in. I have loved all 3 of my BB's though and really couldn't ever imagine going back to a regular phone.
    12-02-09 01:40 PM
3,266 ... 910111213 ...