Here's the my opinion on switching to a new device (no matter what platform you switch from or switch to): if, after the period of exploration and "amazement" at the capabilities of your new device, you still don't miss your old one, then the new one is probably better suited for your needs/desires from a smartphone.

This was the pretext under which I switched from a Z30 to an iPhone 6 Plus. If the BlackBerry 10 experience was truly more compelling than the iOS one, then I'd actually want to switch back. That was last November. Since then, I've given my Z30 to my uncle and have fully engrossed myself within the Apple ecosystem and really can't see myself leaving it. This was after 5 years of using nothing but BlackBerry devices.

My advice to anyone flirting with switching platforms: don't fear it; do it and if you're not meant to use it, you'll come back.
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 09-15-15 at 07:57 PM.
    09-15-15 06:10 PM
    Well the 6s Plus I ordered is shipping by 9/24. First non BlackBerry device I will have purchased in 8 years since changing to the brand from being a Palm Treo user back to the 600. I simply can't go through another transition to with this incompetent company. They don't want my business, have stated as much, so I shall take it elsewhere. Even if I were switching to Android, I wouldn't buy BlackBerry's version as they have no sense of commitment to any course of action. I expect this device will be thrown over the wall and given all the effort they put into BB10, i.e. none. Good job glorious Chairman Chen! All you will have left soon are the people that would buy a sack of your excrement if you stamped the name BlackBerry on the bag.

Posted via Z30
    09-21-15 02:06 PM
    Well the 6s Plus I ordered is shipping by 9/24. First non BlackBerry device I will have purchased in 8 years since changing to the brand from being a Palm Treo user back to the 600. I simply can't go through another transition to with this incompetent company. They don't want my business, have stated as much, so I shall take it elsewhere. Even if I were switching to Android, I wouldn't buy BlackBerry's version as they have no sense of commitment to any course of action. I expect this device will be thrown over the wall and given all the effort they put into BB10, i.e. none. Good job glorious Chairman Chen! All you will have left soon are the people that would buy a sack of your excrement if you stamped the name BlackBerry on the bag.

Posted via Z30
    I figured this day would come sooner rather than later. Good choice in device, you and I will be phone twinsies! This will also be my first iPhone after 6 years on BlackBerry and Android.
    09-22-15 08:18 AM
    I figured this day would come sooner rather than later. Good choice in device, you and I will be phone twinsies! This will also be my first iPhone after 6 years on BlackBerry and Android.
    You guys will find some familiar faces at iMore.
    pantlesspenguin and BB_Junky like this.
    09-22-15 12:48 PM
    You guys will find some familiar faces at iMore.
    Already there .
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-22-15 01:55 PM
    I have been with BB for 10 years but am tired and will replace my Z10 with a 6s next week. I know I will miss predictive keyboard and hub but I will adjust.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog and techvisor like this.
    09-22-15 05:25 PM

Posted via Z30
    Have to say I'm kinda jealous that you'll be getting 6s Pluses and I'll still be with my 6 Plus. But congrats on your device purchases! I think you'll love them. As awesome as I think the 6s and Plus are, I've never felt so compelled to stay with a device after a year as I am now with a 6 Plus. Speaks well on the iPhone experience. Looking forward to hearing how he transition goes and your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-22-15 05:29 PM
    For finger typing, the z30 is the best touchscreen keyboard I have ever used. Find it much easier to type on than the z10 due to the extra size.

But on android, I use Swype as I can input words faster than I can finger typing. I bought swiftkey but never use it as I prefer Swype's keyboard layout since it gives me faster access to some keys that I use more.

The worst keyboard I have tried is Google's own keyboard. It is the first thing I disable setting up an android phone or tablet. Funny thing is, whenever I see a person using an android phone, they are usually using the stock keyboard. Don't know why people won't try a third party one.

For exchange services, I have since disabled push and that he's fixed my battery drain. Interval is 5 minutes so not that bad. Hopefully it gets fixed soon though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    I love Google's keyboard. The only one I like better is Swiftkey.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime using Tapatalk
    09-22-15 05:37 PM
    I'm waiting for my Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition to replace my Z10 & Z30. I've got tired of all the android stories.
    I've started using the Ubuntu phone which is actually quite nice. I'm also waiting for a new Jolla phone and for a more "stable" smartphone I might get a 6S before new year.
    Old_Mil likes this.
    09-29-15 02:40 AM
    Just got 6s, now to start learning a new operating system again lol
    10-17-15 06:39 AM
    Ordered two Moto G's on the Moto maker website, one for my wife and one for myself. My z10 is starting to get sluggish, and my wife's q10 keyboard has very sensitive keys and is double typing like crazy. The Priv is not a full screen alternative for either of us, it'll be expensive and BlackBerry can't guarantee that the keyboard won't double type like every of their physical keyboards does. BlackBerry has let me down. It has pushed the consumer aside.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 11:18 AM
    Ordered two Moto G's on the Moto maker website, one for my wife and one for myself. My z10 is starting to get sluggish, and my wife's q10 keyboard has very sensitive keys and is double typing like crazy. The Priv is not a full screen alternative for either of us, it'll be expensive and BlackBerry can't guarantee that the keyboard won't double type like every of their physical keyboards does. BlackBerry has let me down. It has pushed the consumer aside.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried a Z30?

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    10-17-15 11:22 AM
    Never thought I'd do it, but I finally switched to Android. Xiaomi Mi4i.

I'm traveling to Japan and things aren't going well in the apps department. I made do with Cobalt's Play Store and stuff but at some point the Google Play Services are so ingrained the app refused to continue. Android performance is not good, and the battery isn't enough, especially since my battery has degraded (turns off at 18%).

Facebook app is not good enough. I'm joining a few more groups and Facebook app doesn't allow me to join in the app, I have to open the mobile browser version.

I did some research and got mi4i for the camera. HDR Enhanced is amazing and with Autodesk Pixlr and Google Snapseed I can fine tune the result. I simply can't get the same level of result with Z10 even with HDR and picture editor.

Will keep my Z10 as secondary, the keyboard is just too awesome to let go. Using BlackBerry 10 feels amazingly good thanks to the swipe based gesture. It feels just right.

BlackBerry 10 Browser is definitely the best. It feels lackluster but after switching to Android and feeling MI Browser and Opera, BlackBerry Browser is definitely the best. It's straightforward, it's fast, navigating around the app is incredibly easy. Also, I can have DuckDuckGo as default search engine, no such thing on Android (I do have DuckDuckGo app but it doesn't integrate to system browsers, right now I'm making do with setting DDG as home page)

Right now I'm using Fleksy keyboard to simulate BlackBerry 10 keyboard. It's not as good but at least it has swipe left to delete and looks similar. It doesn't have Japanese input though, what a shame.

Checking out Google Inbox as I type this. I just have to convince myself Google simply can't use my data for any reason

STL100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-25-15 10:11 PM
    Never thought I'd do it, but I finally switched to Android. Xiaomi Mi4i.

I'm traveling to Japan and things aren't going well in the apps department. I made do with Cobalt's Play Store and stuff but at some point the Google Play Services are so ingrained the app refused to continue. Android performance is not good, and the battery isn't enough, especially since my battery has degraded (turns off at 18%).

Facebook app is not good enough. I'm joining a few more groups and Facebook app doesn't allow me to join in the app, I have to open the mobile browser version.

I did some research and got mi4i for the camera. HDR Enhanced is amazing and with Autodesk Pixlr and Google Snapseed I can fine tune the result. I simply can't get the same level of result with Z10 even with HDR and picture editor.

Will keep my Z10 as secondary, the keyboard is just too awesome to let go. Using BlackBerry 10 feels amazingly good thanks to the swipe based gesture. It feels just right.

BlackBerry 10 Browser is definitely the best. It feels lackluster but after switching to Android and feeling MI Browser and Opera, BlackBerry Browser is definitely the best. It's straightforward, it's fast, navigating around the app is incredibly easy. Also, I can have DuckDuckGo as default search engine, no such thing on Android (I do have DuckDuckGo app but it doesn't integrate to system browsers, right now I'm making do with setting DDG as home page)

Right now I'm using Fleksy keyboard to simulate BlackBerry 10 keyboard. It's not as good but at least it has swipe left to delete and looks similar. It doesn't have Japanese input though, what a shame.

Checking out Google Inbox as I type this. I just have to convince myself Google simply can't use my data for any reason

STL100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Bro its over 50+ browsers in the play store u can try out. I'll say try chrome and dolphin also. Firefox is another good one.
    10-28-15 03:45 PM
    ... And then there was one. Sold one Z30 and Z10 last month when I started getting suspicious of Chen. Just sold my Z10 after Chendroid confirmed my suspicions. Wife's Z30 is the last Berry left.

The next generation Ubuntu phone will probably be it's replacement in a year or so.
    jsmith00075 and deadcowboy like this.
    11-04-15 07:07 AM
    Bro its over 50+ browsers in the play store u can try out. I'll say try chrome and dolphin also. Firefox is another good one.
    Android browsers I have tried:

Mi Browser, pretty good but no DuckDuckGo as default search engine

Opera Mobile, I used to use this all the time with my Samsung Galaxy Note, but the lack of DuckDuckGo and the relative hassle of switching tabs convinced me to look for another

Pale Moon, which is basically Firefox, switching tabs is even harder than Opera

CM Browser, currently in use, easier tab switching and allows DuckDuckGo as default search engine.

Haven't tried Dolphin or Chrome, but I simply need DuckDuckGo, I don't think Chrome allows me for that

STL100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-20-15 12:24 AM
    I know dolphin and probably chrome also will let u change the search engines.
    11-20-15 07:52 AM
    Boat Browser. DDG is an option and desktop like tab setup.
    11-20-15 08:10 AM
    Yeah boat browser is another good one.
    11-22-15 09:02 AM
    Switched back....later ip6plus and hello Mr Priv
    11-22-15 11:23 PM
    Haha.
    11-23-15 02:37 AM
    I never thought that this day would come! I am typing probably the last time on my beloved z30. I have decided to purchase an iPhone 6s plus. I can't believe I am doing it after years of trying to convince my friends that BlackBerry is a far superior product. Z30 has so many features for the the business professional but my university doesn't support it. I am gonna miss you, BB 10, my Crackberry friends and the feeling of being different and unique. The BlackBerry experience was apart of my identity, it was truly a conversation piece among those who remembered the glory days of BlackBerry. I gonna miss you BlackBerry. Perhaps in time I will return but until then keep the faith, my BlackBerry faithfuls!

Posted via CB10
    nrkbb and elfabio80 like this.
    01-19-16 04:48 AM
    I have been a BB user since 2008. I waited patiently for BB10 and have used the Z10, Q10, Z30 and the Classic. I liked the Z30 the best and regretted switching to the Classic though it is a great phone.

Earlier this month, I switched to iPhone 6s. It's a great phone. I enjoy having apps for my banks, accounting software, payroll. I am able to use FB messenger to video chat with friends/family located around the world and watch movies on Amazon while on a flight. I am happy with the switch.

BUT, while the iOS ecosystem is great, I get frustrated with the lack of functionality I had on BB10, especially email, contacts and calendar management.

BB10 is a great OS and the only reason I left was the lack of apps. I wish the situation had been different.
    01-23-16 11:46 PM
    Plz dear share link of software
    I also want to change may BlackBerry z3 to any android phone

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 01:11 AM
    Plz dear share link of software
    I also want to change may BlackBerry z3 to any android phone

Posted via CB10
    It is not possible to install Android on a BlackBerry Z3.
    01-24-16 01:34 AM
3,266 ... 104105106107108 ...