I don't think it'll clutter or even ruffle other users.
    It'll help people to think twice before they go for bbry.
    Trust us, it has and does ruffle other users.
    04-20-15 07:56 PM
    I'm on my first business trip in a while with an iphone as my only device. I used to have a blackberry. I can safely say I am not really missing that much. My only gripe is that dropbox integration was better on my blackberry. I could edit and save docs and send as attachments much more easily than with my iphone. But honestly for everything else the iphone has been equal if not better at times.

At this point I don't think I could ever come back to Blackberry unless two things happen:

1) BB gets a new growing young user base which will inspire developers and people who make devices that connect to smartphones

2) This is related to #1 above, a thriving growing apps ecosystem that can say it is equal to apple or android MUST exist. This cannot be compromised on. And yes I have tried the amazon app store. It's just not the same. apps just don't work the same on a bb as they do on my iphone.

Anyway I wish BB the best of luck. They had a good run. But in the handset area they are almost finished. I travel for work a few times a year. Recently before my current trip I went down to Argentina to visit a friend. I saw several blackberries but they were all BBOS 7 devices-old curves and bolds. It made me smile in a nostaglic way. As soon as I got back to america i didn't see a SINGLE bb 10 device. Not 1. And I had 4 seperate flights from newark to houston to buenos aires to New orleans. I'd say another 5 years and bb will be enterprise and software only...Just a few handsets will be made for government and military contracts....
    04-21-15 08:05 AM
    I started with the Research In Motion 2-way pager, actually had a RIM sales Rep visit my office in Philadelphia. I have been THE BlackBerry enthusiast since then, owning many devices over the years from the curve to the bold to the Z10. My hope was that my next phone would be the Passport. I installed another leak, unfortunately this time it was the 10.3.2.500 build, with no way back. It's very problematic, and while I had gotten used to not being able to restart my device without losing all messages and customizations, this time I'm hosed.

My phone became totally unusable/bricked and I eventually went to my carrier for a replacement. It was then determined that the ldi we red, thus no free replacement. They wanted $350 to replace the device I just finished paying off last month. I was able to go back to a 10.2 build, and only able to go forward to 10.3.2.500 again. My intermittent problems returned, and yes, I was forewarned.

The hardware issue is where things went south for me because my carrier does not carry BlackBerry, yet I am satisfied with my service and my bill. I am now disabled, so the ability to purchase a new phone through installments is huge for me, so I have to execute my only other option, which is to get a phone that is available.

I ordered the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge yesterday. I'm so sad, but I have to make this work in my life and my budget.

Thanks, and hopefully I'll b beach one day soon!

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo and Vorkosigan like this.
    04-22-15 09:21 AM
    Just got S6 edge for my wife on the 12th. Got it for her to see what the android world was about. Have to say it's a pretty damn good phone. Specs are great, camera is excellent. Not bad at all. You will get used to it. One thing though .....nothing beats the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 02:06 PM
    Just deactivated my Torch/Slider. It's odd, I'm still using it for Alarm Clock, hard to let go.

My employer changes to iPhones for all! Approx 80k worldwide. I sorta like the iPhone, always used iPod Touch for pers. use.

Along with myself, another old guy, in my Region held out. It was mandatory unfortunately.

The whole BB/RIM affair is very, very sad..........
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    04-22-15 10:10 PM
    I have the Passport from the very beginning.
    I like a lot about it and take it with me all the time.
    Even though, I bought an iPhone 6 Plus last week in addition.

Main reason: I want to have a Smartwatch.
    I've considered the Pebble for my Passport. But from all I've read, support simply is too limited.
    I, for example, want to read my BBMs and other messages on the watch, not just being informed about having received one.

Nice bonus:
    The app situation on BB10 still is horrible. I've used Amazon and Google Play, but simply can't get used to it. First of all, I came to despise Android and that's one of the reasons I've switched to BB10. Second of all, Android emulation works okay, but I find the performance a bit sluggish and don't want to bother about Google Play Services and such.

As expected, iPhone delivers. App situation is fantastic, of course. I wouldn't call it a "business phone", but BB10 isn't perfect either.

Personally, I love the keyboard, LED and word predictions on my Passport. And the over all design and quality of the display.
    BB10 is fine, but I still need my laptop for quite a few tasks and basically work similar to the way I did before on iPhone 4S.
    With a tiny market share of less than 3%, I don't expect the app situation to improve much. Android emulation is nothing I'm fond of. So I guess, BB10/Passport never will be my sole system, I'll always carry an additional system with me...

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog and techvisor like this.
    04-25-15 10:35 PM
    Just recently found this thread. It is interesting to know how various people move out of blackberry for different reasons.
    04-28-15 10:55 AM
    Thanks for updating this forum.
    04-30-15 02:26 AM
    Lol just found this thread, meanwhile I'm getting just ripped on for starting my own. Oops. Anyways, Z10 to S6 edge tomorrow, super excited

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 02:35 AM
    Lol just found this thread, meanwhile I'm getting just ripped on for starting my own. Oops. Anyways, Z10 to S6 edge tomorrow, super excited

Posted via CB10
    I saw that thread. You were getting slaughtered lol. Congrats on the new phone. I hope you enjoy it. I think the S6 looks pretty slick, but it's going to take a special phone to pry my Note 4 out of my hands. Probably the Note 5, lol.
    Z10NIZED and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    05-01-15 09:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wow I had to go back and take a look at that thread. They really jumped on you! Haha enjoy your S6, I'm loving my Note 4.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Note 4
    Z10NIZED and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    05-01-15 01:37 PM
    Trust us, it has and does ruffle other users.
    LOL
    techvisor likes this.
    05-03-15 09:17 AM
    I guess after a few months of thinking about it, I can finally say my "goodbye" to Blackberry. I was, is, and will always be a fan of Blackberry, about it's cool features and all. I started with Blackberry 2012 with 8520, then 9360. I really love how Blakberry focused on smartphones as the communication tool, which I could say was greatly enhanced with BB10. I started with BB10 last 2014 and tried z10, Q10, Z30. I install leaked OS and all. I love the keyboard of course.but It just so happened that I got lostbusing Blackberry maps 3 times already. Tried Android One, and I upto now I am satisfied with gps. I also used IOs and androids before. Even windows phone. Yet, I guess the Android won my heart this time.

Blackberry has served me well. Yet, there are things i need more like apps. Convenience at your fingertips.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by darwincruz20; 05-08-15 at 11:12 PM.
    05-08-15 10:54 PM
    Bye!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 05:16 PM
    I got one foot out and one foot in, I have the Z30 and an iPhone 6. Sadly I just couldn't get used to a keyboard anymore, almost did but the jumping or should I say resizing of the screen as I wrote a text message drove me absolutely insane!
    The little buttons I just couldn't go back to anymore.
    In some ways I loved it I may keep it and just finish the payments on it I don't know yet compared to the iPhone screen size I think it would be kinda hard to just grit my teeth an bear it.
    That Sri in the iPhone is the bomb! And so although I don't care too much for the typing on the iPhone screen it's in some ways better than the blackberry classic because it don't feel creeky almost like it wants to squeak but due to its desk it's just a hair above a squeak.
    The classic has a great feel to it even in a case it feels solid but the iPhone can do more and the overall space age look is also a great way for a phone to look but the fake a** call blocker sucks like a baby calf!!!

I think it's almost a tie in some ways the classic has a great one hand operating ability for the user too but the fact that I can get my G music and movies on my iPhone with no issues is also a winner, glad I left android hated the over sensitive screen on the M8, I will put up for sale one day almost mint condition too but was too big for me and my little hands. I tried to find the smaller version the M7 but almost got ripped off on ebay.
    I'm still a BlackBerry junkie and I'm typing this on my Z30 with light to no effort.
    I still have the Z10 but until AT&T or BlackBerry sends out an update it will sit in my closet.
    BlackBerry and or AT&T are doing BlackBerry in faster than any customer could throw one in the back of their closet.
    Been with BlackBerry since the days of that big blue BlackBerry made its way to the Nextel towers. Still have it too somewhere...
    Dear BlackBerry CEO dude you really need to get your act together and stop dragging your feet hire some of the best and brightest minds in the industry and develop a plan and a phone that would revolutionize the industry like never seen before.
    bakron1 likes this.
    05-18-15 04:11 PM
    From here I can only see a worm: you.

I am entitled to say my point of view, you mind?

Have fun
    Exactly the type i was talking about in my thread lol.

Sent from my LG Optimus F60 on MetroPCS using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Greenghost; 06-04-15 at 09:58 PM.
    05-26-15 10:34 PM
    Finally making the jump to the Tour
    06-16-15 04:01 AM
    Well this is goodbye, I have been a loyal Blackberry user for years now, but I have moved on to a LG 4 ,I though long and hard on this one, either the Passport or the LG 4 the replaceable battery, and the phone itself, plus the amazing deal o2 made me decide to switch
    I will never slag this company or the products, but the Passport did not suit my current needs, it is a great phone for business, great phone for security but the LG 4 suited my needs,
    I do not like the fact that batteries cannot be replace, this is feature that is very important to me, I migrated from my wonderful z10 which had the batteries but sadly the battery was just too inadequate
    No slagging none of that, just a simple goodbye,
    06-26-15 10:17 AM
    Will be interesting to see if BB follows through with an android device as rumored. If they made a premium landscape slider, I'd buy a BB again. The Epic way back stopped me from considering a BB, and I haven't looked back from Android. Now, slates are slates. Not nearly as productive as a good landscape slider with a nice keyboard. So BB could bring back many business types with a productive android phone with a splash of their software.
    06-26-15 11:29 AM
    Farewell BlackBerry, I enjoyed my time with you but unfortunately I must move on~

I just ordered a Sony xperia z3 compact today because there is no z10 successor and the app situation is finally getting to me.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:55 PM
    Why not try the Passport? I was hesitant at first and you may check my post I thought it was too big but it's not its downright fun to tell the truth.
    Takes a little bit of getting used to but it's fun and now I see why it's so wide big whatever you want to call it its really fun to play with and videos are like watching a small screen TV.
    Dude you are walking out on the future of phones and I think we're going to see copycats of the Passport very soon.
    06-30-15 02:23 PM
    Why not try the Passport? I was hesitant at first and you may check my post I thought it was too big but it's not its downright fun to tell the truth.
    Takes a little bit of getting used to but it's fun and now I see why it's so wide big whatever you want to call it its really fun to play with and videos are like watching a small screen TV.
    Dude you are walking out on the future of phones and I think we're going to see copycats of the Passport very soon.
    That must be some Kool Aid you're drinking...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    06-30-15 02:30 PM
    Naw dude I'm serious. Try it while ya still got a chance to take your other phones back!
    I have body glove on it and I don't know if it's the case or the actual dimensions of the phone but it feels cool.
    Now I can't type at a high rate of speed but I can go at a nice clip.
    I still have my Z10 and Z30 and Iphone 6 I haven't made up my mind which one I'll use for my other line.
    Passport is kinda like the classic on steroids.
    Ya gotta try it just once before you walk out the door.
    It's just something about those Androids that give me the chills. I guess it's the thought that I could have an app looking over my shoulder when it should be looking at the weather.
    06-30-15 02:44 PM
    Sorry, but your last statement pretty much shows how you drink the Kool Aid. The only apps that will ever pull a big brother are the ones you install without paying attention to the permissions. And if there is a pre-installed app that has a permission you don't agree with, disable it.

And the only keyboard phone I'd ever entertain will have a full five row keyboard with a dedicated number pad and 4 way nav keys. Editing on screen is so inefficient it's not even funny. The whole zoom in and select isn't as efficient as navigating with the 4 way keys along with using shift and the nav to select text like a real keyboard. Hence my statement above about premium 5" landscape slider.

And the whole wide screen thing? My Note 4 is plenty wide in landscape with higher resolution and about another inch wider. Even the Passport ads exaggerate their point by comparing it to a 16:9 iPhone when most phones today compromise with 16:10.

It's also 20 grams heavier than my Note 4 which I find funny because the Note 4 is a substantial phone.

06-30-15 03:18 PM
    Sorry, but your last statement pretty much shows how you drink the Kool Aid. The only apps that will ever pull a big brother are the ones you install without paying attention to the permissions. And if there is a pre-installed app that has a permission you don't agree with, disable it.

And the only keyboard phone I'd ever entertain will have a full five row keyboard with a dedicated number pad and 4 way nav keys. Editing on screen is so inefficient it's not even funny. The whole zoom in and select isn't as efficient as navigating with the 4 way keys along with using shift and the nav to select text like a real keyboard. Hence my statement above about premium 5" landscape slider.

And the whole wide screen thing? My Note 4 is plenty wide in landscape with higher resolution and about another inch wider. Even the Passport ads exaggerate their point by comparing it to a 16:9 iPhone when most phones today compromise with 16:10.

It's also 20 grams heavier than my Note 4 which I find funny because the Note 4 is a substantial phone.

To each his/her own phone.

Looks like you are drinking the koolaid pretty strong yourself though

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:59 PM
3,266 ... 100101102103104 ...