Sorry, I think it doesn't help, many who have made up their minds to leave,they will do so anyway. The thread also leaves open some who would be t*******. There is nothing constructive to derived from that, as it will lead to unnecessary bickering and arguments. If one has issues and they decide to leave no need for an announcement or pronouncement.

Posted via CB10
    You realize this thread has been active for 5 years, right?
    04-16-14 05:22 PM
    You realize this thread has been active for 5 years, right?
    Yes I do, I also realize that they have merged and also deleted the many others scattered around the forum. It just makes no sense that one will have to make a statement if they are leaving. Just do it and move on, This is just me. Please note that I was responding to one of the other threads and now see that my comments were also merged here.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 04-16-14 at 05:41 PM.
    04-16-14 05:30 PM
    Yes I do, I also realize that they have merged and also deleted the many others scattered around the forum. It just makes no sense that one will have to make a statement if they are leaving. Just do it and move on, This is just me. Please note that I was responding to one of the other threads and now see that my comments were also merged here.

Posted via CB10
    It's just the way it is, there's always going to be a segment that has to be vocal about it.
    04-16-14 05:54 PM
    Was a long time Android user then went to the Z10. The hardware design is there but the lack of apps killed it for me. And the fact that the last update destroyed my battery. Picked up the Xperia Z1s yesterday and I'm loving this bad boy. Maybe one day BB can bounce back in the coming years. But, in these times you either catch up with the crowd or fall behind and see your exit plan.
    The app gap argument was solved a long time ago. Take a look at this screenshot of the apps on my home page - and this is just page 1.

Switching from BlackBerry to another Device, say your goodbyes here PLEASE DON'T START A NEW THREAD!-img_20140417_000635.png

And come on, an update didn't kill your battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 06:09 PM
    The app gap argument was solved a long time ago. Take a look at this screenshot of the apps on my home page - and this is just page 1.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140417_000635.png 
Views:	697 
Size:	309.8 KB 
ID:	263683

And come on, an update didn't kill your battery.

Posted via CB10
    The thing about sideloading is that you can not use paid android apps, or use apps that require Google Services. So yes there can be still an app gap as a lot of apps are paid and/or use Google Services.
    04-17-14 01:05 PM
    The thing about sideloading is that you can not use paid android apps, or use apps that require Google Services. So yes there can be still an app gap as a lot of apps are paid and/or use Google Services.
    Of course you can, do a search.

Who said anything about sideloading? Where have you been for the last few months?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 02:08 PM
    Of course you can, do a search.

Who said anything about sideloading? Where have you been for the last few months?

Posted via CB10
    Whether through the browser or through a computer it's still side loading.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-17-14 04:28 PM
    I shouldn't have to go outside of BB world to download apps for my phone. If i can not get it from BB world then i am sideloading. Period. And as far as the battery goes i got great time out of it, but after the update i would be lucky to get 6-7 hours out of it. This whole "let the phone OS settle after the update" is complete bs.
    WanShark69 and JesseBabe23 like this.
    04-17-14 11:55 PM
    Whether through the browser or through a computer it's still side loading.

Sideloading apps from a computer is sideloading, correct. Installing APK files directly on the device is not sideloading.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 01:38 AM
    Sideloading apps from a computer is sideloading, correct. Installing APK files directly on the device is not sideloading.

Posted via CB10
    It's not an official term for BlackBerry but the usage is correct. The term has been broadened to incorporate the installation of Android apps that don't come from the Play store on an Android device. Ergo, installing apps that don't come from BlackBerry World logically would also be sideloading, since the method is the same and the only difference is the device the app would be installed on.

Personally I'm with you on this, I prefer some form of "direct install of APK" versus sideload since traditionally sideload meant transfer from PC, and that's still the only way to install unofficial BB10 bar files.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 02:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's side loading because its not official and comes from a third party. Just like on Android if you are downloading Amazon app store you are side loading.

04-18-14 06:34 AM
    It's side loading because its not official and comes from a third party. Just like on Android if you are downloading Amazon app store you are side loading.

Well, we disagree about the meaning of the term sideloading.

People are doing a hell of a lot of sideloading on Windows 8 if your definition is accurate.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 06:46 AM
    I think a lot of people are missing the point. BB10 offers some pretty interesting features, no doubt. But if you are asking why BB10 isn't a commercial success, I think you can't zero in on only one issue.
    Blackberry's image is one of a older laggy OS. People in business circles only use it.
    Marketing. Or lack thereof.
    Customers who switched from BBOS to BB10.. Did they find the shift seamless?
    Hardware... Does it offer the same functionality of their previous device?
    Probably for most in these forums, they have found BB10 to their liking, and were patient enough to stick with it until new updates offered new features. But a few people can't make something a commercial success.
    Blackberry needs a compelling reason for people to switch from other platforms if they are ever going to be a commercial success again.
    Not trying to harp on those who love the new platform. Please don't misunderstand me.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    04-18-14 07:44 AM
    Well, we disagree about the meaning of the term sideloading.

People are doing a hell of a lot of sideloading on Windows 8 if your definition is accurate.

Posted via CB10
    How do you jump from phones to a desktop OS? Two different things.

04-18-14 08:10 AM
    How do you jump from phones to a desktop OS? Two different things.

Sigh

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:51 AM
    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Post In The Right Forum - All forum indexes are down by categories. There are specific forums for applications, devices, device hacks, accessories, carriers, general chat, etc. Unique forums exist for a reason. Before you create a new thread, please ensure it is being posted in the most applicable forum. For example, threads discussing a BlackBerry 10 application are generally not device specific, and should be posted in the BlackBerry 10 Apps forum.

Taking Threads Off Topic - While the interplay of a conversation in the forums will naturally wander; members must not intentionally derail a thread from its original topic.

Get the message. (This is not a thread or sub forum about sideloading!)
    scorpio1984 likes this.
    04-19-14 05:57 PM
    I'm actually moving back to my Z10. I'm using right now actually. Took some time but my guy surprised me by giving it back this morning. Now to get that awesome raindrop case I saw on ebay...

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    04-21-14 06:31 AM
    It was with a heavy heart that I finally switched from my Z10 to an S5 today. I still have my trusty Q10 for work, but after years of loyalty (and nearly every new phone that BB put out) I have made the switch. Makes me sad because I have been a staunch supporter and even had money in BB stocks.

I hate to admit... but this S5 is kind of rocking my world. I feel like I have been playing with a Nintendo 64 and thinking it was awesome until someone showed me a Playstation 4. I had no idea just how much I was really missing. Don't get me wrong... I miss the Hub and a few other features (double clicking the spacebar to get a period or holding down a letter to get a capital) but what I'm getting in return is worth it.

I really hope BB sticks around, but for me I had to move on. I will still treasure my Q10 keyboard for work emails, but for everything else... S5 is pretty darned sexy. Guess it's time to start hitting up the Android Central on this fine site....
    To each their own, but the features you mentioned that you miss are exactly the reasons I won't switch even though I've been tempted over the last couple of years.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 12:52 AM
    I'm actually moving back to my Z10. I'm using right now actually. Took some time but my guy surprised me by giving it back this morning. Now to get that awesome raindrop case I saw on ebay...

Posted via CB10
    I had one of those cases on my Z10 as well! Love it!
    Septembersrain likes this.
    04-23-14 09:20 AM
    Had a Z10, Q10, and Z30. Am now using an iPhone 5s. It simply integrates with my iPad, iMac, MacBook, etc. I will miss battery life, that's about it. Yes, BB10 had a great UI and unique OS but I don't NEED some of the things others find to be the great features. Example, I didn't need the HUB. The same could be said for the iPhone. I certainly don't need the Fingerprint Scanner!

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly...
    WanShark69 likes this.
    05-05-14 07:41 PM
    I think switching devices and OS's from time to time is healthy. It allows me to see the "other" side(s) and lets me know what is BEST for ME and not neccessarily whats best for everyone else. Loyalty is a thing of the past for ME and a lot of others. Just ask any professional athlete....WHATS BEST FOR ME....SMILE
    05-06-14 09:05 AM
    Love BB and I want to wait for q20, but the thing is all the other companies are moving so fast and producing awesome devices. It seems BB is in a different league and unfortunately its a lower league at the moment. While the others are pumping out the devices, BB brings out 2 or 3 phones a year. My contract was up 1 month ago and I want a top end BB so I have the z30 as the only BB flagship available for what looks like a long while yet. Although its an excellent device, the tech in the competition is well ahead of it. Anyways on to topic. For me the temptress is the LG G3.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-07-14 04:27 AM
    I think switching devices and OS's from time to time is healthy. It allows me to see the "other" side(s) and lets me know what is BEST for ME and not neccessarily whats best for everyone else. Loyalty is a thing of the past for ME and a lot of others. Just ask any professional athlete....WHATS BEST FOR ME....SMILE
    Considering how many different devices I've had, I'm with you there. 😄

I'm actually really enjoying my Z10 though. I'm very surprised at how much I enjoy having the hub. I use to open 5 or more different apps to check all these things. Now a simple swipe to the right and they are all right there!

Now when I'm using one of my other devices, I totally forget to check them!
    Haha.

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    05-07-14 05:34 AM
    For me the temptress is the LG G3.
    You and me both! I have the G2 and absolutely love it, but I'm also liking what I'm seeing of the G3 so far via leaks. My only concern is that it wouldn't be updated to the next version of Android in a timely manner.

And with any luck, the G3 won't give you creepy recordings of counting kids! That's still one of my all-time favorite CB threads, btw.
    TinMan555 likes this.
    05-07-14 10:56 AM
    And with any luck, the G3 won't give you creepy recordings of counting kids! That's still one of my all-time favorite CB threads, btw.
    Haha you remembered.
    05-07-14 08:32 PM
3,266 ... 8990919293 ...