Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. mrxspain's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Switching to Blackberry

    Hello guys,

    I'm thinking about switching from Android to Blackberry and I'd like to get the Bold 9900

    Now here's the question: should I wait for blackberry 10 devices because I'm going to buy a device that will be outdated soon or can I buy it with no worries?

    Thanks!
  2. o4liberty's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,427 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,130 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default RE: Switching to Blackberry

    Its only a few months away so in my opinion I would wait and get the BB10 device.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
    Make sure you vote! Your vote counts!
    Support the 9-12 Project
  3. howarmat's Avatar

    Posts
    23,689 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,262 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39
    #3  

    Default

    IMO it would be a mistake to purchase any OS 7 device especially on contract.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
  4. lboogie_1971_'s Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Wait for BB10, you won't regret it from what I've seen.
  5. RoseBud68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,485 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    No point in locking yourself in a contract with an old device. BB10 is just around the corner..
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1


    Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
  6. mrxspain's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Werent the os10 devices going to be revealed at the end of this year? Its Nov 24 already
  7. aragone79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    691 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrxspain View Post
    Hello guys,

    I'm thinking about switching from Android to Blackberry and I'd like to get the Bold 9900

    Now here's the question: should I wait for blackberry 10 devices because I'm going to buy a device that will be outdated soon or can I buy it with no worries?

    Thanks!
    Just wait untill februari 2013 when BB10 is available at the market. You will get many difference experiences in blackberry 10. Trust me, I know it and I already taste the "far" differences of blackberry 10 compared to Jelly Bean even to IOS 6 (I have a galaxy nexus running on Jelly Bean and iPhone 4 running on IOS 6).
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

    HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

    9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
  8. southlander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,102 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,103 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    #8  

    Default Switching to Blackberry

    This close... Wait.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
  9. Maxey05's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    646 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default Switching to Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by mrxspain View Post
    Hello guys,

    I'm thinking about switching from Android to Blackberry and I'd like to get the Bold 9900

    Now here's the question: should I wait for blackberry 10 devices because I'm going to buy a device that will be outdated soon or can I buy it with no worries?

    Thanks!
    I really enjoy my 9930 and I'm not intending to upgrade any time soon. It just all depends in what you are looking for in a phone.. BB7 is pretty awesome for communication! BB10 will be more of everything just adding new and future features. But BB10 is getting away from the old authentic BB style. Buttons and trackpads which BlackBerrys are known for! The trackpad is a a feature I can't do without!..

    If you are going to buy a BB7 Device, maybe buy it used and off contract.

    I believe with BB10 being fresh and new, there will be bugs.. It will take time for BB10 to develop and be a solid OS.

    So just weigh the pros and cons..
  10. mrxspain's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxey05 View Post
    I really enjoy my 9930 and I'm not intending to upgrade any time soon. It just all depends in what you are looking for in a phone.. BB7 is pretty awesome for communication! BB10 will be more of everything just adding new and future features. But BB10 is getting away from the old authentic BB style. Buttons and trackpads which BlackBerrys are known for! The trackpad is a a feature I can't do without!..

    If you are going to buy a BB7 Device, maybe buy it used and off contract.

    I believe with BB10 being fresh and new, there will be bugs.. It will take time for BB10 to develop and be a solid OS.

    So just weigh the pros and cons..
    That's what I mean. I really like BB OS7 and the bold 9900 but the new OS10 devices seem to be out of physical keyboard and im coming because of its elegance, notifications and physical keyboard.
  11. jmhbluenose's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #11  

    Default Switching to Blackberry

    The N-series device will have a physical keyboard. It looks just like a bold 9900 but with a larger screen and no face buttons.
    I'd wait for BB10.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
  12. Xopher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,053 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)
    #12  

    Default Re: Switching to Blackberry

    With the official announcement coming in about two months (Jan 30), the actual devices should follow shortly after that. I think it would be witworth waiting until then.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
  13. pr1nce's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,947 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    BB10 is only a couple months away. I'd wait for sure.
  14. calicocat2010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,702 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,711 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrxspain View Post
    Werent the os10 devices going to be revealed at the end of this year? Its Nov 24 already
    Yes, but got delayed by Two Months and january 30th is the Announcement of the BB 10 Launch.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
  15. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default Re: Switching to Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by mrxspain View Post
    That's what I mean. I really like BB OS7 and the bold 9900 but the new OS10 devices seem to be out of physical keyboard and im coming because of its elegance, notifications and physical keyboard.
    Yea also rim hasn't ever done anything spectacular with touch screen technology but less wait and see.
  16. amjass12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,496 Posts
    #16  

    Default Re: Switching to Blackberry

    if its on a contract, wait for bb10..... few months, there's no point in getting a bb7device
  17. amjass12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,496 Posts
    #17  

    Default Re: Switching to Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    Yea also rim hasn't ever done anything spectacular with touch screen technology but less wait and see.
    well the blackberry playbook is most definetely a step up from their smartphones... the responsivness is on par with the competition....

    I'm guessing the touch technology they are using on the playbook will be carried over to the smartphone (if not better)....
  18. pythons's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,328 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    WAIT - unless you can get a month to month plan with no contract....
    ...9900's are starting to dump on craigslist for 120 bucks so that's also an option.
    A reluctant iPhone 4s user who would STILL be a Blackberry user had RIM not messed it's own bed by putting a "Fisher Price Camera" in it's "flagship" Blackberry Bold 9930.

Similar Threads

  1. Work supplied Palm...want to switch to Blackberry
    By panda10 in forum Business Users
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 03:04 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 02:21 PM
  3. Switching to blackberry from a different phone
    By emilylewis in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 11:24 PM
  4. Palm user switched to Blackberry
    By BlackberryNewbie59 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WE
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 05:58 AM
  5. Should I Switch to Blackberry?
    By mrw333 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions