So I have been a die hard iPhone user for years, but with a new job and a constant need for emailing on the go, I have been told blackberry's cannot be beat. So I am going to buy a bold 9900. I keep hearing that app support isn't there, but I buy a phone for email, texts, phone calls, and the occasional nhl/facebook check so I won't miss not having angry birds. Feel pretty good about this choice.
    11-13-11 12:18 PM
    Blackberries certainly have their advantages as mobile email devices. The 9900 in particular has the best keyboard on any mobile device. However in some respects the iPhone is a superior email device. It handles emails with large attachments and supports Exchange Active Sync and IMAP.
    11-13-11 12:23 PM
    What is IMAP, I guess I am a bit new to this whole thing.
    11-13-11 12:34 PM
    What is IMAP, I guess I am a bit new to this whole thing.
    IMAP vs POP3 Email | Sydney
    11-13-11 12:40 PM
    Now I am starting to have second thoughts, should I not make this change?
    Last edited by AdamdangA; 11-13-11 at 12:51 PM.
    11-13-11 12:46 PM
    Its so funny you say that.. I have a bb curve 3G and a ipod touch and I prefer emails going to my ipod because iOS handles html email better than blackberry.. I mean granted you have push technology with BB but I rather wait for my ipod to fetch emails than to get push emails that looks horrible and not deliver the (display images) whole message.. IMO.. I still love bb for the keyboard and the easy organization.. But emails looks way better on my ipod touch!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 12:47 PM
    No I am starting to have second thoughts, should I not make this change?
    You would need to find out what kind of email your company uses.

Also, if they use BES, I would not suggest adding a personal BlackBerry. If they use BES, they should provide the device.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ats-difference

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...logged-157306/

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...on-bes-662003/
    11-13-11 12:51 PM
    Are any of these email issues fixed with the bold 9900 having Blackberry 7?
    11-13-11 12:53 PM
    "You would need to find out what kind of email your company uses."

We use microsoft exchange, it works on my iPhone so I guess I just assumed it would work on BB.
    11-13-11 12:56 PM
    Are any of these email issues fixed with the bold 9900 having Blackberry 7?
    There really are no specific "issues". It all depends on the type of email client and mail server your organization uses.

It is Exchange?

Do they use BES?

Do they use OWA (Outlook Web Access/Outlook Web App)?

You probably should talk to someone in the IT department before purchasing any devices.
    11-13-11 12:58 PM
    There really are no specific "issues". It all depends on the type of email client and mail server your organization uses.

It is Exchange?

Do they use BES?

Do they use OWA (Outlook Web Access/Outlook Web App)?

You probably should talk to someone in the IT department before purchasing any devices.
    We use exchange, there are several of my fellow employees using blackberry's so I don't think there are any issues with our email working, but I could be wrong.
    11-13-11 12:59 PM
    Also I work for Southern New Hampshire University so it is a campus email address.
    11-13-11 01:00 PM
    Changed my mind, thanks everyone!
    11-13-11 03:19 PM
    Changed my mind, thanks everyone!
    What changed your mind?
    11-13-11 03:33 PM
    Its so funny you say that.. I have a bb curve 3G and a ipod touch and I prefer emails going to my ipod because iOS handles html email better than blackberry.. I mean granted you have push technology with BB but I rather wait for my ipod to fetch emails than to get push emails that looks horrible and not deliver the (display images) whole message.. IMO.. I still love bb for the keyboard and the easy organization.. But emails looks way better on my ipod touch!
    Apple also supports push technology, Exchange Active Sync.
    11-14-11 08:16 PM
    So much depends on your IT department, since they will be supporting you.
    I have no problems with emails on my Blackberry.

Our work system is using BES Basic, which just makes it easier for IT to administer new/changes to phojnes (but I also have 3 other personal emails on my Blackberry running POP3.

I don't have problems with viewing anything - and find both the Bold 99xx and Torch 98xx great (just cdecide ir you want a keyboard and small screen, or virtual keyboard and larger screen).
    11-14-11 09:33 PM
    BB has push. Apple also supports, however never had any real experience with their push.

I do rely on push email, and BB is tried and proven.

However, I have experience typing on both, and the 9900 keyboard by far makes the whole text and email experience much, much easier and quicker, at least for me.

Not only that, just the way the menu system is set up on BB OS7. I can't tell you how many times I've need to copy and paste text, forward an email/text, go back and forth between 3 or 4 emails/texts to copy information and send it to someone else. Trying to do it on the iPhone was much more... cumbersome... than the BB. It's just a lot more intuitive and faster for me on a BB than with the iPhone.
    11-14-11 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD