So I have a BB 8330 and it's great, but it got a scratch and is no longer visually pleasing. So I have bought another 8330. My current phone has a 4.5 OS and isn't sync'd with anything. Assume I'm dumb and please explain the easiest way to put everything on my old phone onto my new one. I have the cd for desk top manager but am scared to install and press sync for fear of losing anything (old iTunes/ipod event). Can I just change the SIM card and be done?
    *For instance, some pictures say stored on device memory. Does that mean they are stored on the phone and not my sim card?
    Last edited by FLdancer00; 01-14-10 at 06:44 PM.
    01-14-10 06:42 PM
    Easiest. Install desktop manager on ur laptop. Select the option on dm switch device. And move all ur info and apps over to the new phone.

Also get screen protector for ur new phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 06:53 PM
    So hook up old phone and sync info, unplug, attach new phone and press sync?
    01-14-10 06:57 PM
    Yeah. Just follow the instruction on screen. It is dummy proof.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 07:06 PM
    Haha, thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.
    01-14-10 07:08 PM
    The switch went great, thanks for all the help. I went ahead and upgraded to the new Curve 8530. Have any tips on how to get my pictures onto my new phone. I had to switch data cards for them to show up but its smaller than what the phone came with. Can I put them on the computer somehow?
    02-01-10 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD