Hi All!
    I searched, but didn't find it. So I thought I'd ask here to make it available for the next person who looks. How difficult is it to have 2 berries and switch between the two of them? I have the Bold 9000 currently and in a week I'll be able to upgrade to a 9700.
    Is it simply a matter of switching the SIM card back and forth?
    No way to get them to have the same PIN, right?

Thanks!
    Brian
    03-31-10 12:24 PM
    Hi All!
    I searched, but didn't find it. So I thought I'd ask here to make it available for the next person who looks. How difficult is it to have 2 berries and switch between the two of them? I have the Bold 9000 currently and in a week I'll be able to upgrade to a 9700.
    Is it simply a matter of switching the SIM card back and forth?
    No way to get them to have the same PIN, right?

Thanks!
    Brian
    Very easy switch SIMS card and swith them on device wizard in DM and your set, no way to have the same pin on both.
    03-31-10 12:32 PM
    Thanks. The DM is just to transfer data/contacts, etc, right? I have MIQ installed and will probably install move contacts that way. I hardly ever (not in over a year) use DM.

Thanks for the info!
    Brian
    03-31-10 02:30 PM
    Also, submit your new PIN to the CrackBerry store to get any purchased apps
    working on your new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 03:21 PM
    Yep, there is the ringer...having all your contacts, calendars and stuff on multiple devices, is easy. BUT, if you plan on switching back and forth as the mood suits you, you're going to have to deal with the whole app store thingie (that's the toughest part of all, waiting sometimes, an entire day, even a day and a half, to get the acknowledgement email).

Also, submit your new PIN to the CrackBerry store to get any purchased apps working on your new phone.

03-31-10 03:24 PM
    This is how I do it, and I switch devices all the time sometimes more then once a day.

Backup your device in Desktop Manager
    Do the Device switch in Desktop Manger
    Load the backup onto the new device
    Put your SIM in the new device
    Update device IMEI and Pin in carrier BIS site

Then you're all set to go. Only reason I say do a backup is there have been times where a Device Switch didn't work like it was suppose to. So that part is up to you , I just personally ran into less issues doing it the way I listed above.
    03-31-10 03:27 PM
    And that's what I want to try; is switching on and off throughout the day. I want to see, first, if the performance is better with the 9700. I also want to see if I can handle using the smaller form factor. I'm 6' and 350 lbs, not sure I can make these sausages hanging off my hands type on the smaller keyboard...
    We shall see...
    I was hoping that by the time I was able to upgrade that they would have released a new bold with the 9700 guts in the 9000 size and shape/screen...
    Thanks all for the input!
    Brian
    03-31-10 04:13 PM
    I was in the same boat as you, I was a 9000 user, was sceptical about the 9700 at first and had problems typing, kept switching back and forth. The performance of the 9700 is better, don't listen to the doubters on here. Its definitely better, from the camera to the app space to the battery life. The only downside is the keyboard size and speaker. In the end I couldn't use the 9000 anymore because of the things which are better on the new bold.

Good luck making your choice.

03-31-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD