I'm on an iPhone plan at the moment and a friend gave me his old bb bold 9700. Would I be able to use it/ use bbm without switching my plan from iPhone data to bb data?
    Thanks
    04-18-11 08:39 AM
    Unfortunately in order to use data on any Blackberry you need a BIS data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 08:46 AM
    I'm on an iPhone plan at the moment and a friend gave me his old bb bold 9700. Would I be able to use it/ use bbm without switching my plan from iPhone data to bb data?
    Thanks
    Yah, you know how it is. You can't use an Android data plan on a non-Android phone either. That's how it all works. I doubt your iPhone plan would work on an Android phone too. Everything is getting pretty specialized. Fortunately the prices between one kind of data plan and another are pretty similar.
    04-18-11 09:30 AM
    Yah, you know how it is. You can't use an Android data plan on a non-Android phone either. That's how it all works. I doubt your iPhone plan would work on an Android phone too. Everything is getting pretty specialized. Fortunately the prices between one kind of data plan and another are pretty similar.
    Actually I can swap my androids sim to my iPhone without any problems.

Blackberry is the only device where you need a BIS data plan.
    04-18-11 10:05 AM
    Recently switched from my iphone-4 to an 8310. As long as you have an unlimited data plan, or some equivalent- you can switch phones without any hassles (at least with At&t). This the way an At&t rep explained it to me. By the way, I wasn't charged for a sim card either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD