05-06-09 10:37 AM
- Hey CrackBerry Nation,
I got my Storm in early December. Over the course of the last few months, I have gotten several replacement storms due to to click issues and a couple others. My current Storm has gotten into the phase where clicking on the bottom middle is terrible, a very inconsistent click, you know the drill.
At this point, I am pretty much out of ideas. I've tried TORX, business card trick, felt pads, etc. They all wear out at some point, and your Storm is back to the way it was (or worse).
I know that RIM and Verizon have some devices coming down the pipeline over the next several months. I don't know how soon it will be (and neither did the VZW Tech Rep).
Knowing this, after careful consideration, I have decided to give up my Storm and switch to the Curve. NOTE FOR CURRENT STORM OWNERS: Even if you are past your 30 days for returning your phone, Verizon (according to the rep) has now decided that if the click issues of the storm and getting to you, that they can help you get a new phone. I chose the Storm and it was free.
Now that I have told you my story, I would like your HONEST opinion please.
1. Was this a good decision?
2. Do you think the Curve's hardware is too outdated?
3. I have heard 5.0 is due for all 8300+ devices, is this true, will we see it for the curve?
4. Has VZW released 4.5 for the Curve?
I THANK YOU for any and all comments you can bring.
P.S. I have a feeling that some people are going to say "Use the search button." I did. I couldn't find a whole lot (that is recent) on the Curve vs. Storm thing.05-05-09 08:16 PM
- My son has the 8320 Curve through Tmo and he already has the 4.5os. I can't imagine that Verizon's Curve doesn't have it being Tmo is usually the last one to get an update. I would check in to it, but I'm pretty sure you would have at least the 4.5.
I don't think you are crazy being I don't like touch phones personally!05-05-09 10:02 PM
I don't see the Curve being my main phone for a real long time. Obviously, we don't know what phones are ahead of us. I am on a family a plan and a couple other lines will be available for upgrade soon, so, I take their upgrade and get whatever new and improved phone I can find.
Paul05-05-09 10:10 PM
- Paul, the 8330 is a solid device, decently supported, and 5.0 is in the plan. It is reasonably capable, and should serve you well, and you'll probably see them around for a while yet. There are scads of parts available, and IMHO, you probably won't regret dumping your problem child.
Oh, and VZW does have 4.5 OS.
You would also find there are a number of people here that have already switched back to the Curve, and overall, they're happier now.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Last edited by BergerKing; 05-05-09 at 11:52 PM.05-05-09 11:45 PM
- I have the 8330 for Verizon and love it. I purchased the Storm because I thought I just had to have it. 3 days later it was going back.
I hope that VZW comes out with some new Blackberrys in the future. I am at the point where I am ready to upgrade, but the only option I have is either try the Storm again or switch to AT&T to get the Bold.05-06-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD